Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

No rainbows without rain, old son...

Ah but I did say rainbows over the Tor.. So I thought that would be far enough away from site to just be pretty young girl.. Lol

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Crucially pretty dry just before the festival as well. We just need to be wary of that date range of rain between the 6th and 10th pushing too far out later.

As sad as this sounds, I'd be quite interested in collating weather forecasts for the next week, and then comparing them with the real weather afterwards to see which was most accurate. I'm not sure where you could find accurate weather stats for days that have already passed though?

2 minutes ago, mattiosmith said:

Does that bloke still do the weather updates on his website? Can't remember his name or anything but he seemed to know his stuff.

Jackone. No he doesn't. They don't allow him internet access in the maximum security wing at Broadmoor anymore since he decapitated his own mother and used her skull as a bowling ball. Hes completely insane. 

Heres the weather forecast from this day in 2016. 

:huh:

Screenshot_20160516-134856.thumb.png.4fc

• Upvote 3

It can rain all it wants this week and next week n all.

We just don't want biblical storms (a la 2016) when the traffic on site increases closer to the festival.

The festival does all it can to keep the ground in good condition but ultimately heavy vehicles are required to go on the grass so the less rain around those points the better!!

So I've created my own 'Weather Thingy', or 'The Dinghy' if you will, for the week ahead, to compare the different sites for accuracy, and in the unlikely event that it's any good I'll keep it going afterwards.

And I wonder why I can't get laid.

Edited by EamerRed
  • Upvote 3

The next week looks to be the worst of the weather leading up to the festival. This coming Wednesday looks particularly grim in terms of actual wet stuff coming out of the sky.

http://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/16days.asp?zipcode=Glastonbury&locationID=57455&lat=51.1&lon=-2.7

The month after however does improve and this is the crucial month. There's a smattering of showers but nothing on biblical proportions.

http://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/180days.asp?zipcode=Glastonbury&locationID=57455&lat=51.1&lon=-2.7 

42 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Jackone. No he doesn't. They don't allow him internet access in the maximum security wing at Broadmoor anymore since he decapitated his own mother and used her skull as a bowling ball. Hes completely insane. 

Heres the weather forecast from this day in 2016. 

:huh:

Screenshot_20160516-134856.thumb.png.4fc

Haha!

13 hours ago, EamerRed said:

Crucially pretty dry just before the festival as well. We just need to be wary of that date range of rain between the 6th and 10th pushing too far out later.

As sad as this sounds, I'd be quite interested in collating weather forecasts for the next week, and then comparing them with the real weather afterwards to see which was most accurate. I'm not sure where you could find accurate weather stats for days that have already passed though?

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/3853.html

8 hours ago, kabillion said:

Is Jackone still about? I missed 2016 so not aware of how well the prediction went last year...

He's about.

He's now part of the netweather website forcasting team.

Speaking of netweather over on their forum the folks are discussing the fact we may have 2 -3 weeks of unsettled weather with a marked improvement following. That came from a very detailed post of which most part was seemingly a foreign language it was so in depth!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jdizzle said:

Doesn't say anything we don't already know, must be a slow news day the reporter must have been reading this thread looking for something to write about.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Doesn't say anything we don't already know, must be a slow news day the reporter must have been reading this thread looking for something to write about.

:lol: Would just about sum up The Sun