Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Can we stop adding the "it's too early to look at long term forecasts" caveat to every post in this thread? It's like saying "I'm reluctant to post a list" then proceeding to rank albums in the Radiohead thread!

It's not too early to look at them but definitely too early to take them seriously!

44 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I'll not down vote you because that's mean but BOOOOOOOO HISSSSS, unacceptable :P

I'm on a -5 for the post :P 

I've done the hottest and the wettest Glasto's and I enjoyed the wetter one more. Somewhere in the middle would be great but all the wishing for hot weather means really warm cider, sunburn, trying to navigate through everyone lying down and the dreaded DUST!

Look at my poor ginger red face.

10417721_10152581725385289_2210481388455739350_n.jpg

Just now, iamstreety said:

I've done the hottest and the wettest Glasto's and I enjoyed the wetter one more. Somewhere in the middle would be great but all the wishing for hot weather means really warm cider, sunburn, trying to navigate through everyone lying down and the dreaded DUST!

All I can see in this photo is absolutely perfect Glastonbury weather I'm afraid...

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, iamstreety said:

I'm giving you a +1 back as I know what you're trying to say.

We don't want a parched earth scorcher where we need drilling equipment to get tent pegs in and every bit of shade resembles an Indian train with people desperately trying to hang on. 

A nice bit of the damp stuff to give good ground conditions before the festival and a little sprinkling in the mornings while we sleep to keep the dust at bay. 

As has previously being mentioned because Orbital are playing we are guaranteed to have little fluffy clouds. 

Does anyone have weather reports for previous festivals when Orbital have played? Could they be the bringers of perfect festival weather?

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I'm giving you a +1 back as I know what you're trying to say.

We don't want a parched earth scorcher where we need drilling equipment to get tent pegs in and every bit of shade resembles an Indian train with people desperately trying to hang on. 

A nice bit of the damp stuff to give good ground conditions before the festival and a little sprinkling in the mornings while we sleep to keep the dust at bay. 

As has previously being mentioned because Orbital are playing we are guaranteed to have little fluffy clouds. 

Does anyone have weather reports for previous festivals when Orbital have played? Could they be the bringers of perfect festival weather?

I think you mean The Orb.

But Orbital played in 2010, so I'll take it! B)

God I thought I missed a major announcement then about orbital. Sadly I didn't.

Plenty of sun with a few showers is what we need. Hat, sunscreen and an umbrella can deal with the sun during the day, much better than trudging through gorilla glue all day with nowhere to sit.

34 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

All I can see in this photo is absolutely perfect Glastonbury weather I'm afraid...

And a disappointing amount of unnecessary litter. 

Probably my biggest bugbear at festivals. I get that there will be a fair amount near the front of stages with people not having a bin to discard empties and not wanting to lose a spot, but there really is no need whatsoever in areas further back. Food plates wind me up the most. 

Rant over.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Probably my biggest bugbear at festivals. I get that there will be a fair amount near the front of stages with people not having a bin to discard empties and not wanting to lose a spot, but there really is no need whatsoever in areas further back. Food plates wind me up the most. 

Rant over.

Agreed, pisses me off too, must be the same folk that go to McDonald's drive through, park up in the car park, eat then dump all the rubbish out the window.

I bin all of my rubbish and if I'm near the front I put my empties back in my bag, it's not difficult like!

22 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Rant over.

5 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Agreed, pisses me off too, must be the same folk that go to McDonald's drive through, park up in the car park, eat then dump all the rubbish out the window.

I bin all of my rubbish and if I'm near the front I put my empties back in my bag, it's not difficult like!

Oh yeah, agree with both of you here. I find back of West Holts one of the worst places for it with all the Brothers cup holders and food trays. No excuse anywhere but definitely not at Glastonbury where you're never more than a minute from a bin really.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh yeah, agree with both of you here. I find back of West Holts one of the worst places for it with all the Brothers cup holders and food trays. No excuse anywhere but definitely not at Glastonbury where you're never more than a minute from a bin really.

Good timing from GFL http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/become-a-worthy-warrior-and-help-protect-the-festival/ see under Earth

7 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

News at Ten just mentioned the "drought" word on its headlines.

Doomed ah tell ya, we're doomed!

I'm not an expert on meteorology by any means, but I'm fairly sure that the technical term for it is... Fucked! 

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

On the news this morning they said that in April, some places in the U.K. Only had 3mm of rain throughout the whole month, when in a normal month they'd have about 45mm, does this worry anybody else?

My wife's reaction to this drought news report was to quite casually say, "Don't worry - it'll be Glastonbury soon".

She's not going to the festival.

• Upvote 1