Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

12 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Ive got to admit i have never cried so much with laughter as we did last year in the mud! Even now it makes me smile! 

To be fair, the mud is funny once or twice, but once the novelty wears off it has little to commend it.

I still had a great time in 97, I found 98 less fun as I was sure that it couldn't be that bad again and was pretty distraught when it was, but pulled myself together and still had fun. I think I got a good gap then before 2007 as I couldn't get tickets in 2005 so the joy of actually being there carried me through - but any mud and rain since then has just left me cold. I don't just hate that it is wet and gloopy and tiring you can't sit down, or dance properly - I really really hate how it looks. I really really hate that it turn the beautiful site, with all its pretty flags to an overwhelming sea of browness.

6 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

2016 has made me realise that I'm less worried about weather during the festival than before.

I think it's best to be worried about all weather, all the time, just in case.

Who knows what impact the weather in Ulaanbaatar today will have on the festival?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, nickharley said:

I'm getting anxious just thinking about the weather. 

Ever since I smashed my ankle in 2009 I've been completely obsessed with it.. I panic as it is but if it Rs I really panic lol

The one thing I really don't like is the idiots that say hey glasto isn't Glastonbury without Md...

Bollocks glasto is JUST fine in the sun... 

20 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Ever since I smashed my ankle in 2009 I've been completely obsessed with it.. I panic as it is but if it Rs I really panic lol

The one thing I really don't like is the idiots that say hey glasto isn't Glastonbury without Md...

Some would argue its not the same without mud or MD .

But yeah, bring on the dry haha!

34 minutes ago, nickharley said:

Some would argue its not the same without mud or MD .

But yeah, bring on the dry haha!

The thing about the R and Md is its bloody hard work.. With the sunshine everyone is happy the girls look great you can sit and chill it just makes for a better festival. 

13 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

The thing about the R and Md is its bloody hard work.. With the sunshine everyone is happy the girls look great you can sit and chill it just makes for a better festival. 

Yeah.. definitely compounds the problem of legs aching on a muddy year. Also love being able to lie down by the park when it's sunny and slowly recover.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Fleet street editors definitely say that as they eagerly hope to print the stereotypical people struggling with bags going in/pissed up loon diving in mud photo.

The problem with 2016 was the type of mud that developed over the weekend. Because the ground was so waterlogged on wednesday when people arrived they just churned a horrendous amount of the stuff up. Then the drier weather dried it out to a thick sticky mess. By other stage it was ankle deep and very very sticky by sunday making walking anywhere an absolute pain.

12 hours ago, nickharley said:

Yeah.. definitely compounds the problem of legs aching on a muddy year. Also love being able to lie down by the park when it's sunny and slowly recover.  

Init old son.. Sunshine is the way. NFR NFC