Gorillaz

gmb1992

3 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Did Damon just shout out Block 9? :blink:

The plot thickens...

They do set designs for quite a lot of tours and such. They put together Skrillex's spaceship for example.

2 minutes ago, Simpo said:

They do set designs for quite a lot of tours and such. They put together Skrillex's spaceship for example.

Just googled it, and they did design Gorillaz' current stage design... But maybe an indicator?

14 hours ago, K2SO said:

if the current show was played on the Pyramid a few years back, it would be remembered much better than it is now.

I was thinking this whilst watching them at the Brixton the other night. Just a completely different experience to the last time I saw them.

I saw them at the Roundhouse a couple of months before glasto in 2010 and the crowd all brought into the zero interaction and tightly structured show - it was superb way of experiencing the music and visuals and one of my favourite gigs from recent times.

The current show however is a lot looser, the band seem to have been handpicked to represent the characters and it's all a lot more anarchic - probably a lot closer to Hewlett's original vision of Gorillaz.

So yes, if this show had rocked up to the farm 7 years ago we'd probably be talking about it in a very different way.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mario man said:

I was thinking this whilst watching them at the Brixton the other night. Just a completely different experience to the last time I saw them.

I saw them at the Roundhouse a couple of months before glasto in 2010 and the crowd all brought into the zero interaction and tightly structured show - it was superb way of experiencing the music and visuals and one of my favourite gigs from recent times.

The current show however is a lot looser, the band seem to have been handpicked to represent the characters and it's all a lot more anarchic - probably a lot closer to Hewlett's original vision of Gorillaz.

So yes, if this show had rocked up to the farm 7 years ago we'd probably be talking about it in a very different way.

Nailed it there mate. I was thinking that the other day in St Albans. Seye came rocking out for the encore without a shirt on, and busted out the bassline to Feel Good Inc. I immediately thought "That is actually Murdoc"

18 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ooof. The crowd are well up for this. Better than the headliner tourists who decided they didn't like Gorillaz music after they turned up to see them.

Are you talking about when they played Glastonbury? 

If so it seems a weird thing to compare

1 hour ago, Voucher Boy said:

Are you talking about when they played Glastonbury? 

If so it seems a weird thing to compare

I know it seems like we're all chatting shit about random stuff on here, but it all comes back to Glastonbury in the end. Even in normal life, I'll compare the most inappropriate things to Glastonbury. Like when it rains on a Thursday but clears up for the weekend, I'll say "that's so 2008"