Gorillaz

gmb1992

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised to not see any attention to the new track with Elton John.  I've loved the Song Machine stuff, Momentary bliss and Aries really stand out as being as good as anything they've done to me.  The last one, where Bob Smith went full Mighty Boosh took a bit of time to grow on me.  The new one I like right up until Elton kicks in, maybe it'll grow on me.

I think Gorillaz records always take a while to work their way into my hindbrain, a bit like Radiohead albums, I tend to always really love the previous one by the time the new one I don't really get arrives.  I slept on Humanz to be honest, right up until I had a near religious awakening with Tranz led me to revisit that album and really get to love it.

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

I'm surprised to not see any attention to the new track with Elton John.  I've loved the Song Machine stuff, Momentary bliss and Aries really stand out as being as good as anything they've done to me.  The last one, where Bob Smith went full Mighty Boosh took a bit of time to grow on me.  The new one I like right up until Elton kicks in, maybe it'll grow on me.

I think Gorillaz records always take a while to work their way into my hindbrain, a bit like Radiohead albums, I tend to always really love the previous one by the time the new one I don't really get arrives.  I slept on Humanz to be honest, right up until I had a near religious awakening with Tranz led me to revisit that album and really get to love it.

I didn't want to bump the thread just to say I didn't like it. I wasn't keen the whole way through, even before Reg sang.  And it did get worse when he started.