Demon Dayz Festival

K2SO

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Tomorrow it is. Any last minute predictions? 

I'm gonna have to say Noel, they seem to be bigging this up massively so if not I hope it's a big name still. Announced at midnight! 

EDIT - I can't really say I'm that familiar with Run The Jewels, do they warrant this much 'hype' if it's them? 

I suppose if it's going to be RTJ there's an equal argument for any artist in the country next week really cause they have no involvement with Gorillaz do they? 

IMG_9452.PNG

Edited by alexlloyd

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have Spotify (doesn't work in Thailand), would appreciate someone positing in here. 

RTJ are set to headline Field Day the day after tomorrow. I'm not a massive fan, but objectively they are big I guess. I'm hoping for Noel, or a wild card. 

Just now, alexlloyd said:

Late, as expected :lol: I really hope they meant tonight because if it's tomorrow at midnight it was very misleading.

hopefully we get nice set times, if the special guest clashes with Danny Brown, I dont care who the special guest is

37 minutes ago, betharm said:

I think Kano has been added to the playlist? 

Will be disappointment of the year if true, worse than Trump backing out of the Paris agreement... <_<

He's not bigger than DLS or Vince Staples, surely? This whole supporting lineup is so underwhelming to me, bar DLS.

11 minutes ago, gregory said:

Will be disappointment of the year if true, worse than Trump backing out of the Paris agreement... <_<

He's not bigger than DLS or Vince Staples, surely? This whole supporting lineup is so underwhelming to me, bar DLS.

I agree. I was expecting bands I was familiar with but I don't know anyone, sometimes that's good though. Something a bit different than what I usually listen too. 

7 minutes ago, betharm said:

I agree. I was expecting bands I was familiar with but I don't know anyone, sometimes that's good though. Something a bit different than what I usually listen too. 

I just find rappers without a live band (which most of the acts on the bill seem to be) so underwhelming - I don't have any interest in watching someone rap over a backing track. Praying DLS have the live band with them. 

Edited by gregory

Also I've got a mate who's jealous to death that Pop Caan is on, so at least he might be worth seeing. Apparently it's very rare for him to be on? I wouldn't have a clue. Still, I'm very excited. Not been to Margate before. Only seen it on Only Fools & Horses. 

Kano was announced as a "special guest" whereas the posted said "very special guest" so I'm guessing they were originally going to have someone bigger but were forced to get Kano. I can't say I know any of his songs but I know the name and I'm sure they have a good reason for choosing him. 

7 minutes ago, AledW98 said:

Kano was announced as a "special guest" whereas the posted said "very special guest" so I'm guessing they were originally going to have someone bigger but were forced to get Kano. I can't say I know any of his songs but I know the name and I'm sure they have a good reason for choosing him. 

Are we really deliberating the difference between a special quest and a very special guest?

Edited by Jacksamthompson

15 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

Gorillaz played that leaked setlist in St Albans tonight. It's happening. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gorillaz/2017/alban-arena-st-albans-england-1be711d0.html

Really happy with that if that's what we get! Was expecting Humanz followed by an encore of 3-4 hits. The only one I'm disappointed about is Superfast Jellyfish, but hopefully with De La Soul being there it might be more likely to make an appearance...

I wonder when we can expect set times because it'll dictate when I arrive I think, but I'm not expecting anything before the day or two days before base on previous announcements.

I put this together the other night if anyone wants to refamiliarise themselves, judging by the sets at St Albans and Portsmouth we'll be getting something like this. The only difference between the two was no Glitter Freeze in Portsmouth. 

Garage Palace is also on the set lists but isn't on Spotify.

Edited by alexlloyd