• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

What amazing news! 

Which, according to setlist.fm was Kelala, Graham Coxon, Pusha T, Noel Gallagher, De La Soul, Danny Brown, Benjamin Clemantine, Peven Everett, Azekel, Anthony Hamilton,  Jamie Principle, Zebra Katz,  Kali Uchis, Jehnny Beth, Jean Michel Jarre

29 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

So is it all the guests from tonight at Margate or all the guests from the album?

Here's the direct quote (i'll type it out);

"We've got pretty much everyone who's on the record here. A few people couldn't make it, because of stuff that was booked in before hand, but they'll be all here when we play Margate."

So everyone on the record is the implication, which means everyone I listed above + Pocaan, Danny Brown, D.R.A.M., Grace Jones (?)

Edited by gregory

15 hours ago, gregory said:

Yep, highly likely. Hope we get a longer encore, no Plastic Beach tonight :( 

So everyone will be there making guest appearances which is great, wonder which will do a full set. Personally hoping for Noel, Graham Coxon and De La Soul. I wonder if Rag 'N' Bone Man would have been there had it not been for his comic relief appearance, he's on one of the bonus tracks. 

Itll be interesting to see how much of the line up is made up of guests, my guess would be a few... but with the likes of parklife and Isle of Wight on the same weekend it certainly bodes well for our chances of getting some other decent names! 

3 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

So how long are we thinking Gorillaz are going to play? They played 90 minutes at Printworks which was the album in full and then an encore of hits. I'd hope they played at least 2 hours, I'd hate to miss out on Stylo, Rhinestone Eyes, Dare etc considering the price. 

I'm hoping for the same, I would be disappointed not to hear the classics from the singles collection, personally hoping for Superfast Jellyfish too especially if De La Soul are there!

I am excited to hear the new album in full though, bar last Friday it's got to be unlikely you'll get all those artists in one location again! So it'll be a real 'I was there moment' :) especially when they bring the likes of Noel and Graham Coxon out! 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

On twitter they hinted another text would be sent out soon (like the one announcing the London gig last week), that could be Dayz related, or not...

I saw that and thought the same, I hope so! It's two months away so hopefully we're going to get some names soon, but it was a bit of a late announcement for a festival anyway.

Maybe it's more tour dates because who's at Demon Dayz will only be of interest to those with tickets... but seems strange to announce them so soon after announcing/before Demon Dayz. Hopefully whatever the announcement is will be early in the week to save my sanity!

7 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

I saw that and thought the same, I hope so! It's two months away so hopefully we're going to get some names soon, but it was a bit of a late announcement for a festival anyway.

Maybe it's more tour dates because who's at Demon Dayz will only be of interest to those with tickets... but seems strange to announce them so soon after announcing/before Demon Dayz. Hopefully whatever the announcement is will be early in the week to save my sanity!

To be fair, they announced the London show in this way and only a few hundred people that got tickets were affected/interested by that announcement, so who knows. 

I wonder if all the album guests will do solo sets on the 3 stages, or if they'll mostly just be guesting w/ Gorillaz, and the lineup will be made of other acts. What do ya reckon? I imagine there will be 20 odd acts on the bill across 3 stages. 

5 hours ago, gregory said:

To be fair, they announced the London show in this way and only a few hundred people that got tickets were affected/interested by that announcement, so who knows. 

I wonder if all the album guests will do solo sets on the 3 stages, or if they'll mostly just be guesting w/ Gorillaz, and the lineup will be made of other acts. What do ya reckon? I imagine there will be 20 odd acts on the bill across 3 stages. 

I suppose it could be either really, I can't think what else it will be other than Demon Dayz acts or more dates, both of which interest me. 

I really don't know on that front, I'm expecting a fair few of the guests to be doing a full set if they're making the trip to Margate, maybe half to a third of the line up?.. you'd like to think they'll be a few surprise additions though, Parklife/IoW being the same weekend offers some options for them. 

The thing I like about Gorillaz is you can't really put them into one genre, there aren't many bands who logical support acts range from Noel Gallagher to De La Soul to Benjamin Clementine, so whatever we get I'm expecting some variety! 

4 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I suppose it could be either really, I can't think what else it will be other than Demon Dayz acts or more dates, both of which interest me. 

I really don't know on that front, I'm expecting a fair few of the guests to be doing a full set if they're making the trip to Margate, maybe half to a third of the line up?.. you'd like to think they'll be a few surprise additions though, Parklife/IoW being the same weekend offers some options for them. 

The thing I like about Gorillaz is you can't really put them into one genre, there aren't many bands who logical support acts range from Noel Gallagher to De La Soul to Benjamin Clementine, so whatever we get I'm expecting some variety! 

Yes, just hopefully not too much variety.. hope it's mostly bands rather than world music stuff.

Blur acoustic set to open the mainstage? 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Yes, just hopefully not too much variety.. hope it's mostly bands rather than world music stuff.

Blur acoustic set to open the mainstage? 

Yeah I would prefer bands as well, Noel subheadlining is my dream scenario but I don't know how likely that is, a Coxon solo set would be nice too. 

Please don't put that idea in my head :lol: Blur in any capacity and Gorillaz all in one day, I'd get my voice back the following Thursday! I suppose if Damon and Coxon are there though... :rolleyes:

Edited by alexlloyd

52 minutes ago, gregory said:

... :rolleyes: I also wouldn't mind a Noel slot either. Or Frank Ocean / ATCQ. Dreaming a bit too much now though...

I've never seen that before, I would love that! 

Looking through Parklife and IoW line ups bar Saturday I'd like any of Frank Ocean, ATCQ, Sampha, Joe Goddard/Hot Chip, RUN DMC, Nothing But Thieves, The Amazons, Sherlocks, Strypes, Judas, Razorlight... Rag N Bone Man is at Parklife Sunday and IoW Friday, so I'm guessing we can expect him. 

I did just have a look through their Plastic Beach support, De La Soul did the entire world tour and I think we all expected them anyway. N.E.R.D. were main support for their North America dates, so perhaps Frank Ocean/ATCQ isn't that unrealistic afterall! 

I'm really not worried about the quality of acts, I think we'll get a good selection. I guess who/how big the acts are who aren't guests will depend how far Damons contacts reaches, which I'd assume is farther than most :D