Balaton Sound Camping Experiences?

metal450

I'm planning on going to Balaton Sound with a friend, and was curious if anyone had any experience with their beach camping?

Some of the festivals I've been to, i.e. Roskilde, camping was absolutely amazing, an essential part of the festival itself. Others, i.e. Tomorrowland, it was very "secondary" and quite uncomfortable, thus easily skipped. We're debating if we want to camp at Balaton or just rent a room/apartment in Zamardi, so if anyone's experienced this festival before, I'd love any feedback you can offer.

For example: What was camping like? From a social perspective, comfort, etc? Would you do it that way again? While a room would obviously be more "comfortable," we're just not sure if we'd be missing out on a great part of the event by doing it that way.

Thanks in advance! :)

18 hours ago, Noeliam said:

Sziget camping is really awesome, so I'd say it's the same; @ilbeyene will be able to give you informations :)

Yeah, I heard that about Sziget too - but I wouldn't necessarily assume it's the same, even though it's the same organizer.  Sziget is much larger after all, & a pretty different style?  Anyway, would love to hear from anyone who's been! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I can say that camping at Balaton Sound is good on the services side. I've never found cold showers and usually there are no queues. But I really don't live camping. For me camping is just a place to sleep and to take showers and frankly I really don't understand people sitting there for hours talking when camping is outside the festival area :)

It's outside the festival area, but don't they have 2 camping options - one that's a ways away, and one that's "beach camping," *right* next to the festival?

Did you find it to be particularly social with lots of people hanging out & having fun, or not so much - just sleep, shower, & peoeple leave?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...