Front row at reading festival

Alshady

Could use some advice!!

booked the day ticket at reading festival on the Saturday mainly for eminem, I need to know timings to get front row in order to book transport and accommodation! 

Gates open at half 9 and the arena access is at 11:00... 

whens the best time to arrive at reading to get front row...

(I'd stay at the front through every act until eminem comes on) 

16 hours ago, Alshady said:

Could use some advice!!

booked the day ticket at reading festival on the Saturday mainly for eminem, I need to know timings to get front row in order to book transport and accommodation! 

Obviously the earlier the better but you wouldn't have to be front row as early as 11:00 to be at the front for Eminem. I was at the front for Slaves last year and I just walked straight through about 20mins before they started. They were on at about 4. You do have to take into account that you will want to go to the toilet at some point so that could be an issue. Personally, I wouldn't recommend staying on main stage all that time just to get to the front. You'll be missing so much else on the other stages but that's up to you of course. 

58 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Obviously the earlier the better but you wouldn't have to be front row as early as 11:00 to be at the front for Eminem. I was at the front for Slaves last year and I just walked straight through about 20mins before they started. They were on at about 4. You do have to take into account that you will want to go to the toilet at some point so that could be an issue. Personally, I wouldn't recommend staying on main stage all that time just to get to the front. You'll be missing so much else on the other stages but that's up to you of course. 

But then again, dependent on how many people will want to go to the front. As I got front row of foals during the first song of foals.

2 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

But then again, dependent on how many people will want to go to the front. As I got front row of foals during the first song of foals.

I've done similar things with headliners, however I would consider Foals to be much less of a draw than Eminem

On 27/02/2017 at 7:51 PM, Alshady said:

Could use some advice!!

Please take the advice of everyone who has posted on here.

Id say that there will be little benefit in going down the front much before 5pm at the very very earliest, there really is no need to be there at 11am.

for green day and biffy clyro in 2013 people stayed all day from gates opening. For green day people who tried and failed to get front row despite queuing up from before gates opening only got to the front row because so many people couldn't cope with system of a down. for biffy clyro there were more people there for different acts (NIN/FOB) so it was easier to get to the front without queuing up.

• 4 weeks later...