Foo Fighters

HalfAnIdiot

This being the first Glastonbury with a decent amount of some of my closest friends coming, I'm starting to look forward to the idea of us all watching Foo Fighters. I imagine most of Fri-Sunday will see us all separate, but barring a banger of a headliner somewhere else, watching Foos barrel through their hits with everyone together could be brilliant.

Seen them a few times, but never have I seen then play Aurora. It's my white whale, means a lot to me from back in the day, and it would be an incredible feeling to see them play it on the farm.

There's a few other songs that aren't your archetypal Foo song that I don't expect, but I'd love.

Do the Foo Fighters have a thread on here for discussion? Does nobody care? Seems a bit strange that this one only has 5 pages, even Ed has 9 or so. Radiohead must be up to 3,000 pages by now.

I'd watch the Foo Fighters, know a lot of their stuff from radio etc & reckon they's put on a great greatest hits set.

Depends what else is on at the time

Edited by plaskins
just red the Ed Sheeran thread, it's 9 pages of hate - Grohl's fairing better

24 minutes ago, plaskins said:

Do the Foo Fighters have a thread on here for discussion? Does nobody care? Seems a bit strange that this one only has 5 pages, even Ed has 9 or so. Radiohead must be up to 3,000 pages by now.

I'd watch the Foo Fighters, know a lot of their stuff from radio etc & reckon they's put on a great greatest hits set.

Depends what else is on at the time

What is there to say that hasn't already been said?

There's just not really much conversation you can have about them

I don't mind Foo Fighters and I'll probably end up watching them with my mates if there's nothing too spectacular on against them, but really what is there to say? They'll play for ages, Dave will run around like a nutter, say fuck a lot and they'll play all the hits. 

Radiohead are a much more interesting headliner in terms of their actual performance. Way more variables. The only variable with FF is whether or not Dave will break his leg again.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

It's probably right that there's just not much you can say other than they'll probably play a greatest hits set, might possibly bring on a special guest or two and you either fancy watching them or don't. 

The Radiohead thread will go into 7 pages of discussion over whether they prefer the version of Unicorn Spaceman's Alphabet where Johnny plays E minor 7th instead of E minor.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It's probably right that there's just not much you can say other than they'll probably play a greatest hits set, might possibly bring on a special guest or two and you either fancy watching them or don't. 

The Radiohead thread will go into 7 pages of discussion over whether they prefer the version of Unicorn Spaceman's Alphabet where Johnny plays E minor 7th instead of E minor.

E minor 7th obviously. And I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

'According to Dave Grohl, the song is dedicated to ordinary, everyday heroes, as he himself never had musical or sports heroes growing up as a child.[1] During Foo Fighters' appearance on VH1 Storytellers in 2009, Dave Grohl explained that the song was written while watching 1980s movies like Valley Girl. Grohl also stated that the song was written about Pete Stahl and Chip Donaldson, without even knowing it."

Thats genuinely hilarious 

This will be my fifth time seeing them at a festival (assuming I do watch them, which is highly likely, although it wouldn't necessarily be my choice) and the first in which I've seen them headline. I've quite enjoyed them in the past, indeed would say they blew Oasis away at Cardiff in 2005. Best one was Phoenix in 1996, fourth down on a bill that included Beck, Flaming Lips, Manics and headlined by NY & Crazy Horse. Not sure it'll be the same for me watching them top the bill though. 

Edited by henry bear