Foo Fighters

HalfAnIdiot

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 8:47 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Their new song just came on the radio, I swear I’m not exaggerating - I actually went over to the radio and checked there was nothing wrong with it.

They seem to think making a song as fuzzy and distorted sounding as possible will distract people from how bad it is.

Sounds similar to my personal approach to listening to them on the Pyramid. To be fair, it worked a treat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Any good those who went?

I went and it was fantastic - really blown away. Dave seemed quite quiet compared to other times i've seen him but good none the less.

The stadium was awesome but there were some very grumpy middle aged men, there was some 40 year old men near me going round knocking pints out of people's hands on purpose. Especially when pints were

£6.20 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Any good those who went?

To be fair, it was very entertaining, enjoyed them a lot more than at GF last year. Not my favourite band at all, but they do the stadium rock thing very well and DG holds the crowd like few others. 

Could have done without the Imagine/Jump mash-up (waste of a space on the setlist), and, as @Matt42 says above, £6.20 a pint - wtf! As stadiums go, this was ok for concerts but not the easiest to get to. Was anticipating a right scrum trying to get into the Underground station at the end, but walked straight in and onto the train.

6 minutes ago, henry bear said:

As stadiums go, this was ok for concerts but not the easiest to get to. Was anticipating a right scrum trying to get into the Underground station at the end, but walked straight in and onto the train.

Been there a few times for gigs and athletics (went to the Olympics a few days) and always found it to be very well managed in terms of transport and stewarding afterwards. The fact that I live not too far helps too.

It is still too bloody expensive for a drink though!

13 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Could have done without the Imagine/Jump mash-up (waste of a space on the setlist), and, as @Matt42 says above, £6.20 a pint - wtf! As stadiums go, this was ok for concerts but not the easiest to get to. Was anticipating a right scrum trying to get into the Underground station at the end, but walked straight in and onto the train.

It was a good thing though because I'd been predrinking pretty heavily. Moments before they came on I literally thought I was gonna topple over - if it wasn't for that medley I wouldn't of had a chance to pee during the whole thing

It was a beautiful day

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Been there a few times for gigs and athletics (went to the Olympics a few days) and always found it to be very well managed in terms of transport and stewarding afterwards. The fact that I live not too far helps too.

It is still too bloody expensive for a drink though!

When I was there on Friday I was thinking how amazing it must have been for the crowd at the Olympics  as the stadium’s obviously built for athletics rather than football. I remember the night when Mo Farah won the 10,000 gold - I missed it because I was watching the useless GB football team whimper out of the competition against the mighty South Korea at the Millennium Stadium. So wish I’d been in London.

I thought it was a great gig although I spent far, far too much money on beer. I'm outside of London so getting home was a little tricky too. It was probably my favourite crowd I've been in since Glastonbury since I got chatting to four or five strangers in the gap after Wolf Alice and were all lovely.