Foo Fighters

HalfAnIdiot

11 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Don't sound great in the cheese imo 

I know what you mean, I had an argument with my mates the other week, which had the better sound, Wembley Stadium, the Pyramid Stage or the Cheese and Grain in Frome

Needless to say, the Cheese and Grain didn't win

12 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Presume having a large percentage as journos etc doesn't help. Not having a go as it's entirely necessary but imagine it's diluted the crowd somewhat.

I don't think there was a large proportion of journos, but they weren't all 'hardcore fans of the band', either.... plus, with plenty of glasto affiliated people (staff, etc) they've probably seen every band going, anyway. 

Last night was fun, but I thought that was the worst I'd seen the foos. They were plodding at times, the band were deferring to Dave too much in how they were playing, and Dave vocals got a bit iffy too many times ... but I guess that's maybe how they are when they've not played for a while. Dave mentioned they'd had an amount of rehearsal, tho perhaps it wasn't much more than a quick run thru a few songs.

I happened to speak to someone who knew the man who'd put the whole thing together, and they'd been first told about 'a big show' 6 weeks ago (they were only told who a week ago), so presumably it was 6 weeks ago the whole thing was started to be put together.

It was there first gig for around 15 months, so i guess they would have been a bit rusty and overly chatty. If it wasnt uber fans, the atmosphere may have been a bit tame as well.

I saw them play under waterloo in a tiny gig at 'vans warped' around 3 years ago and they were wonderful, i am a big fan

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

If it wasnt uber fans, the atmosphere may have been a bit tame as well.

apparently, there were 700 in total.

And that was split as 200 glastonbury 'tickets', 400 foos 'tickets', and I guess the other 100 was 'guests' (the queue I was in). 

Many of those with glastonbury 'tickets' and on the list had committed to attend something that night one or more weeks ago, so it was never going to be band-fans-only.

19 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I saw them play under waterloo in a tiny gig at 'vans warped' around 3 years ago and they were wonderful, i am a big fan

I'm not a big fan, but that doesn't stop me from seeing they're (normally) a step above the average rock band.

I've seen them 10-ish times before, and I thought last night was the worse. Not dreadful or anything, but mostly short of having the 'special' I've seen them have previously.