Tent rental and other camping stuff

DanetDuo

Good Afternoon guys.

we are 3 friends (2 boys and 1 girl)  planning on going to Leeds or Reading festival this year, for the first time. We are still thinking where to go because we are from Spain and we are looking which one is gonna be cheaper (flights, bus and etc) . 

I wanted to ask you if you know if there is some place near the festival when we can hire tents and other camping stuff so we don't have to carry it from Spain and return them after the festival. I already sent a message to "Festikit" (i heard it is awesome) but they didn't answer me if they were gonna be on reading or leeds this year. 

Can anyone help us? We would really appreciate it ^^

Thank you so much.

Dánae ^^ 

38 minutes ago, DanetDuo said:

Good Afternoon guys.

we are 3 friends (2 boys and 1 girl)  planning on going to Leeds or Reading festival this year, for the first time. We are still thinking where to go because we are from Spain and we are looking which one is gonna be cheaper (flights, bus and etc) . 

I wanted to ask you if you know if there is some place near the festival when we can hire tents and other camping stuff so we don't have to carry it from Spain and return them after the festival. I already sent a message to "Festikit" (i heard it is awesome) but they didn't answer me if they were gonna be on reading or leeds this year. 

Can anyone help us? We would really appreciate it ^^

Thank you so much.

Dánae ^^ 

Edit: Festikit told me that they won't be at any of these festivals... :( can anyone help? 

1 minute ago, Superunknown said:

Just buy a tent when you get here, costs like 30 quid for a 3 person tent. Then donate it to Oxfam if you don't wanna take it home. 

You mean you can buy it on the reading/leeds precinct or in nearby shops?

Honestly, I thought it would be so much more expensive than 30.  And yes, obviously we will donate it if we buy it  ;)

(sorry if I ask silly questions, it's our first time going to a fest in another country ^^) 

4 minutes ago, DanetDuo said:

You mean you can buy it on the reading/leeds precinct or in nearby shops?

Honestly, I thought it would be so much more expensive than 30.  And yes, obviously we will donate it if we buy it  ;)

(sorry if I ask silly questions, it's our first time going to a fest in another country ^^) 

Yeah like just pop into Leeds/Reading city centre and find the nearest Go Outdoors/Blacks/Halfords before you head to the festival or even in the festivals they sell them. 

Theyll sell tents wherever you go don't worry. Yeah they're fairly inexpensive as well especially split between 3 people.