Liam Gallagher

plaskins

18 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Please please let the strong rumour be true!

Sure it would be a mixture of the rockier Oasis tracks (ones that big brother doesn't play).

From his own stuff, it's Songbird, Born On A Different Cloud, Boy With The Blues, Flick Of The Finger...

I think some of the older Oasis stuff could appear on the setlist - Columbia, Live Forever are two that springs to mind even if they aren't his songs as such

3 hours ago, dj matt james said:

I would go along to watch out of interest. Liam is a legend and has sung some of my favourite tunes of all time but the last few years on the road haven't been kind to his voice. BE sets at both Glastonbury and Heaton Park weren't great to be fair. His voice really seems to struggle. 

Agree with this sentiment exactly, and I'm really willing his new tunes to be good.

Quite apprehensive though unfortunately, hopefully proves me wrong!

I'd like to see Liam at Glastonbury - my brother is also a big fan, and it's his first Glasto.

Never saw Beady Eye, but Noel's post-Oasis gigs have been great. Guess it depends on the strength of Liam's solo work. We'll see. Songbird and I'm Outta time are both great songs.

Hopefully he's been resting his voice, and isn't going to overdo the touring. Remember thinking he didn't sound too bad at the start of the last Oasis tour in Liverpool, but was struggling by the time Heaton Park came around.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I hear Liam has claimed he wrote the songs for his solo album.

I also hear that Johnny Marr laughed - a lot - when he was told Liam had said that.

That is all. :)

Find it hard to believe at this point in his career at Liam would be going out singing songs written by someone else for his own solo album. I firmly believe he will have written all, or the majority, of the songs on the album himself

9 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Find it hard to believe at this point in his career at Liam would be going out singing songs written by someone else for his own solo album. I firmly believe he will have written all, or the majority, of the songs on the album himself

Rumour has it Liam was touting around looking for songs to sing.  

Warner Bros (to whom he's signed) said to him: have you got any of your own stuff?  Liam mumbles yes, plays the demos to Warner, who said we'll put these out. 

What's not rumour is that Liam is also signed as of December to Warner/Chappell Music Publishing as part of that (press release in December).

9 minutes ago, McCor said:

I'd like to hear him cover If I Had A Gun. Always thought his vocal would suit that song...

There was some talk that a few on that first album were wrote for Oasis in mind. If I had a gun and Everybodys on the run stand out as suiting Liams voice

56 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I don't think Marr was laughing at the idea of Liam writing songs.

I think he was laughing at the idea of what songs written by Liam would sound like.

But that's my take on it, and perhaps it was the first of those.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I loved Oasis as a teenager in the 90's, they were a massive part of my formative years. However this is 2017 and I still have nightmares about Beady Eye's performance a couple of years ago.

For that reason I'm out.

This, pretty much. There's gotta be nothing else on at the same time. 

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think Marr was laughing at the idea of Liam writing songs.

I think he was laughing at the idea of what songs written by Liam would sound like.

But that's my take on it, and perhaps it was the first of those.

Johnny Marr and Liam have been in the studio before without Noel (2001) for demos which partially became the Oasis album Heathen Chemistry, which featured Songbird and a couple others written by Liam.  Johnny Marr's on the demo for Songbird which was later released as a b-side.

Marr also played on the final album, albeit on a Noel written song.

17 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Johnny Marr and Liam have been in the studio before without Noel (2001) for demos which partially became the Oasis album Heathen Chemistry, which featured Songbird and a couple others written by Liam.  Johnny Marr's on the demo for Songbird which was later released as a b-side.

Marr also played on the final album, albeit on a Noel written song.

which probably has a lot to do with Marr's laughter at the thought of Liam's songwriting.