Liam Gallagher

plaskins

• 4 years later...

This notice on their website is very bizarre as according to Trainline, National Rail & Thameslink there are trains back to KGX up until gone midnight. One of which we are booked on. 

So either all 3 train companies have failed to update their info & are letting people book on non-existent trains or Knebworth site is wrong.

I think it could well be the latter and the info is out of date. Maybe that was the plan originally but surely after seeing how many people are going to attend & will need transport away they have scrapped early train finishes and stuck some additional on.

If it isn’t the above, then we are well and truly stuffed & so will loads of other people. There will just be carnage in Stevenage.

Manchester was good last night - I think the new stuff sounds great live and without spoiling it the last song was the single best moment of any of the Liam gigs I've seen. Crowd took a while to get into it and I do think Manchester being announced after Knebworth led to a poorer atmosphere than it could've been  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Manchester was good last night - I think the new stuff sounds great live and without spoiling it the last song was the single best moment of any of the Liam gigs I've seen. Crowd took a while to get into it and I do think Manchester being announced after Knebworth led to a poorer atmosphere than it could've been  

Stood near the back with the booze smugglers and smokers; totally chilled, great atmosphere. New stuff was really good and his voice was the best it has sounded for years. 

I say this as a big Liam fan who thought the first two albums were great and paid silly money for his Royal Albert Hall TCT gig.

I'm afraid the new album is awful and the lyrics are absolutely dreadful. The constant woeful attempts at rhyming in pretty much every song is really, really bad. Shame. 

22 minutes ago, briddj said:

I say this as a big Liam fan who thought the first two albums were great and paid silly money for his Royal Albert Hall TCT gig.

I'm afraid the new album is awful and the lyrics are absolutely dreadful. The constant woeful attempts at rhyming in pretty much every song is really, really bad. Shame. 

Pretty much my thoughts. The first two there's enough good stuff to balance out the not so good stuff, but this new one is a struggle. I really like Better Days, but it's slim pickings.

Last night was great. He's still got a set of pipes on him, for someone approaching 50

28 minutes ago, briddj said:

That sounds like a Donald Trump review of Liams new album.

The failing Liam Gallagher.

#Sad

#TotalLoser

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Nal said:

That sounds like a Donald Trump review of Liams new album.

The failing Liam Gallagher.

#Sad

#TotalLoser

On Jools Holland last week he freely admitted to not listening to new music. It shows

#TotalTwatCock

Edited by bamber

50 minutes ago, briddj said:

Isn’t that the Gallaghers MO? 

Oasis first two albums great then got progressively worse. 
Noel’s first two albums were good and then fell off massively with the third, and now Liam has followed the same path. 

7 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Noel’s first two albums were good and then fell off massively with the third, and now Liam has followed the same path. 

Noel’s third album is easily the best thing he’s put his name to in a long time. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Did it? Not for me, it was the album I'd been after from him since he went solo. He's mastered 'the man with an acoustic guitar', but you can't just keep putting them records out. He finally experimented, and it sounds fantastic to me. Subjective though, as ever.

Edited by mufcok

I liked Noel's third album as well. I was a huge Oasis fan as well and still like them but their solo stuff just doesn't interest me at all. Noel's third album was the only I listened to more than 2 or 3 times.

Hopefully they reunite soon while they are not super old. 

Edited by Calvin Klein

1 hour ago, BobWillis2 said:

See, the only reason I’m going to see Noel is to my ears he got interesting *after* his first two albums. Had no interest until that point.

First time watching a gig at the Etihad last night.  The rest of standing looked much more crowded than the front pit last night. I don't think they can have given out all that many wristbands. Not sure if that's usually the case there?

Band was tight and Liam's voice and the  production were good, and good setlist without too much of his weaker solo work. 

IMG_20220601_224746.jpg

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think anything with struggle to live upto Liam at the Manchester Cricket Ground.

I honestly thought Richard would show up at Knebworth but lookig at the set times it's unlikely. Unless he just comes on for their duet.

3 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

First time watching a gig at the Etihad last night.  The rest of standing looked much more crowded than the front pit last night. I don't think they can have given out all that many wristbands. Not sure if that's usually the case there?

Band was tight and Liam's voice and the  production were good, and good setlist without too much of his weaker solo work. 

IMG_20220601_224746.jpg

The front pit was weird- my ticket said turnstile Y and I went there, and it was front pit only. They were giving wristbands as we went in. No idea how it happened to be honest! But they stopped giving them early so it wasn't too busy in there at all. Atmosphere got better after dark, which seems to always happen at Etihad. Muse 2013 comes to mind

Edited by efcfanwirral