Liam Gallagher

plaskins

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Exactly what has been said above, he’s been very clever with his PR, he’s a pretty funny guy (wether you are laughing with him or at him is a different question) I can’t scroll more than 5 cm on Facebook without seeing a video of him commenting on something. The album is actually pretty good, and last but not least he has ridden the Oasis nostalgia buy covering loads of their songs and gained lots of popularity that way. He’s been very clever with that too, he’s played different Oasis songs and hinted that he may play others too. People are going along to see him with the expectation he may play their favourite Oasis song.

Yeah tbf I don't even like Oasis or Liam Gallagher but I went to see him at Glasto as there was nowt else on I wanted to see and he played my favourite Oasis song in Slide Away which was nice.

You can put it anyway you want, at the end of the day he's calmed down a bit and has settled into being a gobby but ultimately likable guy who seems to be coming across as honest in interviews which resonates these days. I loved Oasis when I was younger, thought his new album was okay enough to listen through twice but his interviews have gotten a smile out of me so he's alroght in my books. As said above I think Supersonic was massive in getting people to come round again.

The album is mediocre. He butchers a lot of the Oasis tunes live because his voice is shot. Dyou Know What I Mean and Don't Look Back In Anger come to mind. Lots of people can be funny in interviews. I don't understand the hype when you consider Beady Eye were a flop and this is the same.

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:13 PM, Madyaker said:

The album is mediocre. He butchers a lot of the Oasis tunes live because his voice is shot. Dyou Know What I Mean and Don't Look Back In Anger come to mind. Lots of people can be funny in interviews. I don't understand the hype when you consider Beady Eye were a flop and this is the same.

The tunes are much better than Beady Eye.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

For anyone confused why his solo album has done so much better than Beady Eye, it's this kind of shit.  The Liam charm offensive.

I'm convinced that his fans are that thick that they didn't realise he was in Beady Eye and think this is the first thing he's done musically since Oasis split up.

On 17/11/2017 at 12:52 PM, DiscothequeDave said:

I'm convinced that his fans are that thick that they didn't realise he was in Beady Eye and think this is the first thing he's done musically since Oasis split up.

Yeah, probably that & PR. If this sells out in less than 60 seconds like the arena gig I will splice those sleeping, bandwaggon jumping, cumbag fans, personally.

20 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

so Liam landed the first headline show at a major festival post oasis, noel have done what, kendall calling? I love Liam but this hype is undeserved

Noel headlined TITP and Latitude the year before he played every field in the UK. So if you're referring to TRNSMT then they're about level.

Edited by dentalplan