Liam Gallagher

plaskins

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

(I've known about LG playing the other for a bit, but the idea that people still find him of any interest absolutely baffles me)

The most mystifying thing is the peeps that didn't give a monkeys two months ago who are now - after a single that's on a par with late Oasis material and a few ropey live performances - stood there in their parka and shades asking for Rock N' Roll Star all over again like 2013 never happened.

He's filling a void, whilst the most successful musicians are akin to Ed Sheeran (his crazy tale is of him accidently getting cut with a sword by Priness Beatrice whilst japing about with his bestie, James Blunt) then there is a gap in the market for a bit of swagger.

In the Guardian interview with Miranda Sawyer she stated 'Liam Gallagher something like is excellent at being Liam Gallagher' :lol:

As ever, theres plenty of choice out there. I'll go and see him.

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The most mystifying thing is the peeps that didn't give a monkeys two months ago who are now - after a single that's on a par with late Oasis material and a few ropey live performances - stood there in their parka and shades asking for Rock N' Roll Star all over again like 2013 never happened.

This is literally me, and I really can't explain it either :D

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Short memories, plus supply and demand.  If he'd been on the road constantly for the last 4 years no one would give a fiddlers.  Once the album's out and he's toured it a bit the frenzy will start to quieten down again.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In a hypothetical situation where Noddy Holder rejoins Slade and they do something like headline the Avalon Stage then I'll be on the barrier.

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

And I'd be near you, screaming I don't want to drink my whisky like you do.

See you at the Avalon Cafe, 7pm Thursday for Sladest :)

50 minutes ago, fernandomassuy said:

Do you think he'll sing Live Forever? Maybe a few different festival songs?

He's not played Live Forever in his festival sets.

Basically, he's been playing the same one-hour set everywhere - bar his own gigs where he comes out and does Live Forever as the encore.

I'd expect the exact same one-hour set at Glasto.

1 hour ago, briddj said:

He's not played Live Forever in his festival sets.

Basically, he's been playing the same one-hour set everywhere - bar his own gigs where he comes out and does Live Forever as the encore.

I'd expect the exact same one-hour set at Glasto.

I bet he does Live Forever at Reading as that's another way they'll get round him playing both but I'd not expect it at Glasto. Atm depending on time I'm set to watch the first 15 mins maybe slightly longer and leave as I'm not arsed with Perry's usual opening two and I think the majority with stick with one. 

Slide Away and Be Here Now I'd here but Do you know what I mean I could miss tbf.

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I bet he does Live Forever at Reading as that's another way they'll get round him playing both but I'd not expect it at Glasto. Atm depending on time I'm set to watch the first 15 mins maybe slightly longer and leave as I'm not arsed with Perry's usual opening two and I think the majority with stick with one. 

Slide Away and Be Here Now I'd here but Do you know what I mean I could miss tbf.

Ah yes.

"Another exclusive you lied about was Liam Gallagher - he played Glasto, too."

"Yes but he played Live Forever at Reading."

"Oh yes, of course. Exclusive still stands, then!"

26 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

I hope he play a couple of extra Oasis songs.. Rockin Chair he talked several times about rehearsing.. I hope he comes to his senses, he know he'll get huge singalongs with the right setlist at Glasto

I wasn't going to bother seeing him at Glasto as I saw him at the Barrowlands last night. The thought of him (possibly) playing Rockin Chair and me not being there is unbearable. I feel like I have to see him at Glasto now.

1 hour ago, Ovechkin said:

I hope he play a couple of extra Oasis songs.. Rockin Chair he talked several times about rehearsing.. I hope he comes to his senses, he know he'll get huge singalongs with the right setlist at Glasto

I'll be shocked if he doesn't stick to exactly the same set - I want Stand By Me!

17 hours ago, briddj said:

I reckon Slide Away is going to be a huge moment with the whole of the crowd singing back "don't know, don't care...."

It probably will, Noel won't come out but Liam will happily take the crowd coming in their droves waiting for it. No chance he'd appear at a guest for him and not the other way, this isn't to say you suggested that just to say.

It's going to be a really on the spot decision that's going to be a shit either way to stay there or leave for KP knowing I'd never go see her except for that.