Liam Gallagher

plaskins

25 minutes ago, StuwieG said:

My conspiracy theory is that they've left Liam off the lineup until after the resale, to prevent some of the knobs who used to follow Oasis from getting tickets based on him playing.

I'm a big Oasis fan btw, but i'll admit some of the fans were dicks. 

I don't believe this theory, he was still in Beady Eye and did Rock and Roll Star and Morning Glory last time, plus they booked Kasabian to headline who have loads of fans that are dicks! At Kasabian there was a group, most of lads with shirts off and trying to belt out and piss and round to get attention all the time, they aren't called the band for Oasis fans with no Oasis for no reason.

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't believe this theory, he was still in Beady Eye and did Rock and Roll Star and Morning Glory last time, plus they booked Kasabian to headline who have loads of fans that are dicks! At Kasabian there was a group, most of lads with shirts off and trying to belt out and piss and round to get attention all the time, they aren't called the band for Oasis fans with no Oasis for no reason.

Beady Eye were surprise guests opening the other stage. Only announced on the day. 

I just want him to play, so probably clutching at straws 

Just now, StuwieG said:

Beady Eye were surprise guests opening the other stage. Only announced on the day. 

I just want him to play, so probably clutching at straws 

I guess that's true, there wasn't anything really confirmed too early. End of the day though people have tickets now regardless of who they are into so if 5k idiots wanted to turn up to Liam and don't have tickets the chances are they probably won't be, it's not like by announcing him that's going to sell tickets. Liam will playing most things he gets a chance at and if they didn't avoid his band then I don't see why they would him. I reckon any sniff Noel got off him playing though put him off.

I still say put him and Noel on at the same time, different stages. As much as I say I'm not bothered - and I'M NOT - come the day, the cider, the sunshiiiiiiiiiiine, and dependent clashes, I'll probably be there

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Any idea of position/day? Maybe pushing my luck asking 

This is going to be Friday opposite The XX 3rd down or Saturday 3rd down opposite The National so he avoids Royal Bloodata, Katy Perry and the ending of Chic on Sunday. That's what I think anyway. He'll produce the mainstream alternative that The XX or The National won't for many.

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This is going to be Friday opposite The XX 3rd down or Saturday 3rd down opposite The National so he avoids Royal Bloodata, Katy Perry and the ending of Chic on Sunday. That's what I think anyway. He'll produce the mainstream alternative that The XX or The National won't for many.

I hate both clashes!

4 minutes ago, McCor said:

I hate both clashes!

Can't win I guess, he knows he won't be able to ask for the highest place but he'll make sure I'd imagine he's not on when there will be the biggest Pyramid crowds. Not sure he'd play 4th down myself, if it was just him doing his own stuff then I wouldn't care but as much as Noel may be the better singer now, he is the original singer.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Can't win I guess, he knows he won't be able to ask for the highest place but he'll make sure I'd imagine he's not on when there will be the biggest Pyramid crowds. Not sure he'd play 4th down myself, if it was just him doing his own stuff then I wouldn't care but as much as Noel may be the better singer now, he is the original singer.

See, I'm a Noel fan. Always have been, and I think he delivers Oasis tracks better than Liam these days. Without Noel, he's not got much else going on. BUT, I'll end up seeing him anyway.... 

5 minutes ago, McCor said:

See, I'm a Noel fan. Always have been, and I think he delivers Oasis tracks better than Liam these days. Without Noel, he's not got much else going on. BUT, I'll end up seeing him anyway.... 

I've always been in the while I'd rather see songs sung by who sung them, I know Noel was the 2nd singer as well but Liam was the voice that made Noel's writing generally. Same thing I've said about Blink with Tom and Mark and GNR with Axl. 

8 minutes ago, McCor said:

You never know, he could surprise us with a good album.. 

Even though Noel is obviously the more talented one of the two I reckon a Liam solo show will be far more fun/funny than Noels (which I haven't seen but just the thought of it bores me). Hope I can catch Liam as I'd love to see D'Ya Know What I Mean live, and his clear 'fuck you Noel' rendition of Don't Look Back In Anger will be a laugh if nothing else. 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Even though Noel is obviously the more talented one of the two I reckon a Liam solo show will be far more fun/funny than Noels (which I haven't seen but just the thought of it bores me). Hope I can catch Liam as I'd love to see D'Ya Know What I Mean live, and his clear 'fuck you Noel' rendition of Don't Look Back In Anger will be a laugh if nothing else. 

That's the thing right? We all want to see the entertainment rather than the songs!! I hope, really hope, it's a good album. But I fear his best days were with Oasis. I'm looking forward to him doing If I Had A Gun.... always thought he'd sound great on that (in his day)

5 minutes ago, McCor said:

That's the thing right? We all want to see the entertainment rather than the songs!! I hope, really hope, it's a good album. But I fear his best days were with Oasis. I'm looking forward to him doing If I Had A Gun.... always thought he'd sound great on that (in his day)

That's one of Noel's solo singles from his first album. There's no chance of Liam covering it. :P

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Sun is making a thing out of Liam Gallagher being UK exclusive at R+L. I hope Reading and Leeds don't include that in their announcement tomorrow if it's just gonna be wrong a few weeks later - getting kinda silly with that now.

have you a link for this info from the scum?