2017 first line-up poster

smogo

4 hours ago, micropizza said:

.  I know its mostly about taste but the lineup this year doesn't look like they've spent half as much money on Acts as back then, and we saw what happened when they did a cheap lineup last year...

This is probably quite correct. Looking at their ticket pricing (taking into account early birds) and capacity this year compared with when they were a 50,000 capacity event they're only going to be generating about half the income this year, so it makes sense they'd be spending half as much on line up, especially as band fees and other costs will have gone up.

On another note does anyone know how the site is recovering? It rained for Camp Bestival and only has a couple of months to recover before Bestival. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Anyone wanna have a go at a clashfinder?

On a related note, that's got to be the earliest I can remember them announcing the day/stage splits in years.

Must still have plenty of tickets to shift! I'm still undecided weather to go..!

3 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Is there a shop on site to buy big bottles of mixer? Or at least was there at the old site?

Boomtown had an alcohol limit and all you could buy were 500ml bottles to mix with.

You can order click and collect from bargain booze and you can just take from there when you need it? A case of 10 cans of coke costs about 49p per can. Other than that I can't remember seeing any big bottles, just cans and 500ml

Edited by mexjon

4 minutes ago, mexjon said:

You can order click and collect from bargain booze and you can just take from there when you need it? A case of 10 cans of coke costs about 49p per can. Other than that I can't remember seeing any big bottles, just cans and 500ml

Tempted to just bring all my own mixer in my bag but do you reckon security would think that's a bit dodgy?

8L of mixer for a 70cl bottle of rum and 2L of 'water'...

3 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Also if I order a crate of beer off the click and collect thing does that take away from my allowance of alcohol that I'm allowed to bring in? Or is that separate to my allowance?

I don't really think there is an allowance. I took multiple big bottles of spirits and mixers and it wasn't a problem. They don't have a limit but they don't allow you to take multiple trips because then they know you're probably going too far. I don't they'll be able to know who has bargain booze orders either so that shouldn't be a problem. Can't imagine they'd be cross referencing what you have in your bag with what you've ordered online haha. The bargain booze is on campsite and the security as yore going in are fairly lax, they just give your bag a shuffle to hear for glass and send you on your way

1 minute ago, ConorC said:

Also if I order a crate of beer off the click and collect thing does that take away from my allowance of alcohol that I'm allowed to bring in? Or is that separate to my allowance?

Separate. The collection point will be somewhere in the campsite area, so it's after you've already been checked and they won't know* what you initially brought in. That's the way it worked last year anyway and I can't see it changing.

* they probably could connect the 2 if they really wanted, but to do so would require so much admin I can't imagine they would even consider it.

Did anyone go to Camp Bestival and have an inkling of what the bar prices will be this year? (as you can't usually take booze from campsite to arena at Bestival events) 

I'm placing my bets of £5+ for a little can of beer/cider this year...

One new rule they have I find  a bit odd. At every festival I have ever been to people, especially those with younger children, take out stuff to the car during the day on Sunday often making a couple of journeys.

However, the chart below shows that on Sunday if you go out to the car there is no re-entry at all.
Here is the url - http://be-16-assets.bestival.net.global.prod.fastly.net/files/072017/59666a637cac240752000145/original/BE17_Re-entry_Rules_Final.pdf?1499884131

I have asked them about this as it seems odd to me but had no reply.

I also asked if 1 minute after midnight means it is Monday and I can therefore come and go as I please until 2pm - I know that is a bit picky but it is Monday after all - if I were a resident I would prefer doors being slammed shut Sunday afternoon rather than in the early hours of Monday.

The lack of reply suggests to me that they want us to stay there and spend money.

If I get a reply I will post it here but I thought I would post it i case you had not seen this rather hidden bit of info.

Image2.jpg

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:11 PM, Muppetmark said:

i think he's saying it might be the last one.

Rob da Bank has posted something on Twitter about his son planning the line up for Bestival 2018 (it's a jokey thing mentioning Kanye, Beyoncé and Ed Sheeran) but still, the fact he's mentioning Bestival 2018 suggests he's thinking about it and this won't be the last perhaps?

On 18/08/2017 at 9:11 PM, Muppetmark said:

i think he's saying it might be the last one.

See because it was about tickets I would assume he meant it's the last chance to get tickets as the festival is in a few weeks.. makes more sense than out of the blue suggesting it'll be the last bestival 

1 hour ago, mexjon said:

See because it was about tickets I would assume he meant it's the last chance to get tickets as the festival is in a few weeks.. makes more sense than out of the blue suggesting it'll be the last bestival 

It's not completely out of the blue with the poor sales last year and the fact theyve downsized and moved venue this year. It seems like it could be one last roll of the dice

On 18/08/2017 at 8:27 AM, jackarmy said:

Anyone wanna have a go at a clashfinder?

On a related note, that's got to be the earliest I can remember them announcing the day/stage splits in years.

I think someone has already started doing a clash finder. Although not really sure where people get their times from when they do these things without inside knowledge.  Surely must be all just guesswork.   Electric Picnic had an app last year - that was quite good...

9 hours ago, ghoulieanne said:

I think someone has already started doing a clash finder. Although not really sure where people get their times from when they do these things without inside knowledge.  Surely must be all just guesswork.   Electric Picnic had an app last year - that was quite good...

There is going to be an app - coming out the week before I think.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2017 at 9:50 PM, mexjon said:

Can't remember where the post was, but these are the official limits for alcohol.. although I still maintain that if hidden properly it shouldn't matter

Bestival seems to be getting more like V-festival, suprised the entertainment isn't stopping at 11pm