Best headliner and most looking forward to

ramragon

Best headline act ?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 6 headline acts is the best booking ?

• Franz Ferdinand
    • Manic Street Preachers
    • Tinie Tempah
    • Brian Wilson
    • Stereophonics
    • Frank Turner
  2. 2. Which of the 6 headline acts are you looking forward to seeing most ? and why

• Franz Ferdinand
    • Manic Street Preachers
    • Tinie Tempah
    • Brian Wilson
    • Stereophonics
    • Frank Turner

Manics cause I've never seen them before and have liked them for decades.

Ive seen Frank T a couple of times. I don't dislike him as much as most here but it's not a great booking as he headlined quite recently in front of the smallest headliner crowd I've seen at KC. I watched 20 mins last time round before heading for 2manydjs in the tent ( I think ). The weather was shit if I remember which wouldn't of helped Franks crowd size.

Brian Wilson is probably the most interesting booking. Could see it being really good or very bad.

think the weather will play a part on how it goes down. I've watched some of his recent performances on YouTube and his voice is obviously not what it was.

My mum was telling me she went to see him in Glasgow over 50 years ago. I'm definitely seeing him and really hope it goes well.

Word is, he was brilliant 50 years ago :-)

3 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Manics cause I've never seen them before and have liked them for decades.

Ive seen Frank T a couple of times. I don't dislike him as much as most here but it's not a great booking as he headlined quite recently in front of the smallest headliner crowd I've seen at KC. I watched 20 mins last time round before heading for 2manydjs in the tent ( I think ). The weather was shit if I remember which wouldn't of helped Franks crowd size.

I watched the 20 minutes with you and yeah it was the smallest headline crowd I can remember for years. I'm looking forward to franz Ferdinand most, liked them for years but never managed to catch them

Saw Franz F in 2009 headlining 'the other stage' at Glastonbury...underwhelmed is an understatement...they were so boring, they lost the crowd who started to drift half way through their set.

Not sure why you're classing Frank Turner above Jake Bugg...twitter says it all...Frankie boy has 159k followers, Jake has 484k followers! Numbers speak louder than words.

Edited by Mr_Grump

2 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

Saw Franz F in 2009 headlining 'the other stage' at Glastonbury...underwhelmed is an understatement...they were so boring, they lost the crowd who started to drift half way through their set.

Not sure why you're classing Frank Turner above Jake Bugg...twitter says it all...Frankie boy has 159k followers, Jake has 484k followers! Numbers speak louder than words.

Springsteen was excellent comparison, I seem to remember coming home and watching the franz Ferdinand set on tv a week later and being underwhelmed. Maybes I'm leaning to them too much for the 1st album which I loved

13 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Correct! Voted by me !

your all a bunch of Hotpot worshipping heathens!!! 

Remember 2012 ! And dizzie you all sniggered ! Then on the night you all were there going mental!

I wasn't there either, pretty much the same night as mick, went to calling out then on to chai wallahs to watch dreadzone. The only one who went mental was flamin brummie and the last we saw of him was sitting at the side of the stage looking longingly at Tom Odell.

never been the same since !

Brian Wilson is the best booking for me, to get someone of that calibre to perform amongst their final tours in the UK is a great effort. Pets sounds in a classic album and he has plenty of hits for the second half of his set. And just like Blondie a few years ago after a few drinks it'll be a great set even if he doesn't sound as good as he did in the 60's

The band I'm most looking forward to seeing is the Manics though, they are one of my favorite bands, and have never failed to put on a good show everytime I've seen them. To see them at one of my favorite festivals will be a great moment for me 

I would argue that the numbers that Jake Bugg has are based on his huge debut album. A few years back his dates would have sold out in minutes, but not so much now. Frank T has a very loyal following, so would say he is the bigger artist. Both good bookings though, and could see both as headline acts at a festival of this size. 

23 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Correct! Voted by me !

your all a bunch of Hotpot worshipping heathens!!! 

Remember 2012 ! And dizzie you all sniggered ! Then on the night you all were there going mental!

I quite liked Dizzy and saw him again at Wickerman a couple of years later. I thought he was better than Example who got the DJ Wire fella to fill a fair bit of the set playing records.

Dizzy was ( I think ) the last headliner I watched from up the back amongst the trees. Now the weans are bigger we prefer to be nearer the front alongside the path through to Calling Out. Dizzy`s whole lazer thing was great in the kendal setting.

Is Tina Temple quite big with the youth ( serious question ) ? With the other headliners I think that a Clean Bandit or Chvrches would have been worth the extra dough. Something more current :)

Is Tiny defo on the main stage as a headliner then ?

Surely the beach boy needs the 90 minute slot so who are the 4 ?

Manics, Franz ( Thursday ) and I though Frank was a main headliner ?

7 hours ago, dannyfletcher said:

I would argue that the numbers that Jake Bugg has are based on his huge debut album. A few years back his dates would have sold out in minutes, but not so much now. Frank T has a very loyal following, so would say he is the bigger artist. Both good bookings though, and could see both as headline acts at a festival of this size. 

Would Jake sub the Manics ?

8 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

Brian Wilson is the best booking for me, to get someone of that calibre to perform amongst their final tours in the UK is a great effort. Pets sounds in a classic album and he has plenty of hits for the second half of his set. And just like Blondie a few years ago after a few drinks it'll be a great set even if he doesn't sound as good as he did in the 60's

The band I'm most looking forward to seeing is the Manics though, they are one of my favorite bands, and have never failed to put on a good show everytime I've seen them. To see them at one of my favorite festivals will be a great moment for me 

Agreed.

Will the beach boy influence your choice of head gear this year sir ?

Image result for man carrying inflatable shark

On 05/02/2017 at 9:36 PM, Mr_Grump said:

I beg to differ! I think you'll find that I was in Calling Out followed by a trip to Chai Wallahs (in advance of Dreadzone)...I was nowhere near main stage!

13 hours ago, ramragon said:

I wasn't there either, pretty much the same night as mick, went to calling out then on to chai wallahs to watch dreadzone. The only one who went mental was flamin brummie and the last we saw of him was sitting at the side of the stage looking longingly at Tom Odell.

never been the same since !

IMG_8544.GIF

37 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Would anyone swap any of our headline acts for others doing the rounds at similar sized festivals ?

I'd quite happily sub in the libertines and the xx and for tinie and frank turner

Ditch franz ! Stick turner on Thursday with the hotpots subbing !

bring in the libertines! Perfect!

• 4 weeks later...