Shindig Weekender

Homer

7 hours ago, Homer said:

All stages are in tents. Plus it's only a couple of thousand people so minimal churn underfoot. My group are all chipping in for a £30 gazebo.

7000 people this year. They’ve increased from 5000 last year. Pretty stoned under foot too so probably minimal slop

Very luck to escape the sort of weather that was forecast. Was glorious a lot of the time and I missed the only big downpour (was in a tent watching Plump DJs). Made for a seriously enjoyable weekend - our group all want to go next year (third time). Top tunes - anthems everywhere - made for so much fun and great atmos. Superb value for £99!

51 minutes ago, Homer said:

Very luck to escape the sort of weather that was forecast. Was glorious a lot of the time and I missed the only big downpour (was in a tent watching Plump DJs). Made for a seriously enjoyable weekend - our group all want to go next year (third time). Top tunes - anthems everywhere - made for so much fun and great atmos. Superb value for £99!

We were in the same tent for the dowpour then. Quality weekend wasn't it.

I am definitely up for this again for next year. 

I was chatting to one of the organisers and we were discussing about making it bigger but we both agreed that it would lose its 'je ne sais quoi' if it got too much bigger.

Apparently, last year the organisers just about broke even and this year they would've made their first profit, so hopefully they are happy with that and don't go after bigger £'s.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...