Download 2018

Hart Attack

I'd have said no way to Manson subbing but with a new album and the UK tour selling well so far (Wembley standing went today, I've heard?), I could see him taking one of the sub spots. Judas Priest are also working on a new album. 

I think that Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica will be two of the headliners, and the last will either be Ozzy or BMTH. 

BMTH / Limp Bizkit / Parkway Drive 

Volbeat 

Avenged Sevenfold / Marilyn Manson / Stone Sour 

Brand New (Final UK show) 

Metallica / Judas Priest / Ghost

Panic! at the Disco  

Edited by Andre91
  • Downvote 1

I just listened to Paramore's new stuff. I still like it, but yeah they would be a weird fit (even more so than twenty one pilots). So I'm replacing them with BMTH in my lineup.

Friday

Main: Bring Me The Horizon / Twenty One Pilots / Enter Shikari / Parkway Drive / Marmozets / Against Me! / No Devotion / Moose Blood / Milk Teeth

Second: Volbeat / Gojira / Killing Joke

Third: New Found Glory

Fourth: Nails

Saturday

Main: Metallica / Within Temptation / Ghost / Architects / Deafheaven / Tesseract / Epica / Heck

Second: Panic! At The Disco / Gerard Way / The Wonder Years

Third: The Amity Affliction

Fourth: Stiff Little Fingers

Sunday

Main: Avenged Sevenfold / BabyMetal / Stone Sour / Trivium / Neck Deep / Pvris / Crossfaith / Periphery / Black Peaks

Second: Alice in Chains / Halestorm / Sleater-Kinney

Third: Tonight Alive

Fourth: Myrkur

On 2017-5-19 at 11:04 PM, Andre91 said:

I'd have said no way to Manson subbing but with a new album and the UK tour selling well so far (Wembley standing went today, I've heard?), I could see him taking one of the sub spots. Judas Priest are also working on a new album. 

I think that Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica will be two of the headliners, and the last will either be Ozzy or BMTH. 

BMTH / Limp Bizkit / Parkway Drive 

Volbeat 

Avenged Sevenfold / Marilyn Manson / Stone Sour 

Brand New (Final UK show) 

Metallica / Judas Priest / Ghost

Panic! at the Disco  

Please don't do this to me :'( This would kill me.

Enter Shikari to sub. They've headlined the second stage twice and they're doing another arena tour. They will have a new album too so the Main Stage seems the next step. I think they could sub Download very successfully. 

Bring Me The Horizon / Enter Shikari / Parkway Drive / Neck Deep / While She Sleeps / Stick To Your Guns / Milk Teeth 

Stick Volbeat headlining the second stage opposite and you're sorted. 

40 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Surely Machine Head would be above Limp Bizkit? 

I'd say they were roughly the same size and that neither are really big enough to Sub. Also Machine Head don't like playing festivals so i think we can almost rule them out from the get go.

My prediction of the top of the bill would be:

A7X / Enter Shikari / Lamb Of God 
Ghost

Metallica / Judas Priest / Volbeat
Limp Bizkit

QOTSA / Marilyn Manson / Stone Sour
Parkway Drive

Edited by Gozpot

2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

I'd say they were roughly the same size and that neither are really big enough to Sub. Also Machine Head don't like playing festivals so i think we can almost rule them out from the get go.

My prediction of the top of the bill would be:

A7X / Enter Shikari / Lamb Of God 
Ghost

Metallica / Judas Priest / Volbeat
Limp Bizkit

QOTSA / Marilyn Manson / Stone Sour
Parkway Drive

Good prediction, tbf.

LoG have said they're taking a break for a while, which is understandable as they've been at it for bloody ages without really stopping to recoup at all. I think Stone Sour will sub and QOTSA won't headline. 

A7X / Marilyn Manson / Ghost 

Enter Shikari / Limp Bizkit / Parkway Drive 

Metallica / Stone Sour / Alice In Chains

:ninja: 

In the real world, change Saturday to BMTH / Enter Shikari / Parkway Drive

Edited by Andre91

Decided to break down next years potential headliners mentioned in this thread and a couple others, mostly for my own boredom.

Likely:

Metallica: 
Seems likely they'd be Andys first choice as headliners for next year. If they're touring Europe in June i can't see them not being at Download.

Avenged Sevenfold:
Surprising they aren't touring Europe this summer. Good chance of them turning up if they are touring next summer.

BMTH:
If they are back they'll definitely be high on the list, although R&L will also be very keen on them.

Queens Of The Stone Age:
Definitely headliner sized now, especially with new music on the way, however i think it's likely there's a few bands touring that'll be favoured over them for Download, but still a very realistic possibility.

Unlikely:

Foo Fighters:
Favourites to play R&L next year however the pool for headliners at R&L next year looks to be massive, maybe Download will finally get Foos?

Guns N Roses:
Presuming they book Metallica i can't see them affording GnR, that's if they are even still touring next summer.

Green Day:
Had the chance to get them this year and they didn't, personally just don't see it happening.

Tool:
Now i only bumped them from Very Unlikely out of sheer hope, however if they do finally return to Europe and it does end up being next summer, i'd be very surprised if Andy didn't throw a lot of money their way for an exclusive UK performance.

Paramore:
Two very Poppy albums in a row would probably write Paramore out of Download now in my mind, think R&L would be much more likely to take them.

Bon Jovi:
It can surely only be so long before they finally play Download.

Very Unlikely:

Linkin Park:
A very poor, poppy new album and not being booked this year will probably rule them out.

Blink-182:
Didn't book them this year despite being around, that alongside the fact that touring outside North America is made harder for them by Travis not flying i can't see them spending two full summers in a row in Europe.

Axl/DC:
Could definitely see Andy taking a punt on them if they tour next summer but that is a big if.

Fall Out Boy:
Similar to Paramore but more extreme, especially with that new single, think they've gone too far from their roots to justify playing Download these days.

Ozzy Osbourne:
Can't see any reason for this to happen, no hints towards him touring and after his woeful performance with Sabbath last year, i'd hope Andy would steer well clear.

Pearl Jam:
Seem to be mentioned every year, personally think it's not going to happen.

My Chemical Romance:
First a reunion would have to happen (which at the current time seems still far away), then they'd presumably tour the US before heading out anywhere else, it'd have to happen very suddenly for them to be ready in time for Download next year, especially as Frank Iero is still doing his own stuff.

Red Hot Chili Peppers:
Think they would go down okay at Download but they'd definitely be a last resort booking and i don't see them touring next summer either.

The Smashing Pumpkins:
They'd probably only manage a headline slot if they reformed the original line up, so this one is definitely a bit of a stretch, as good as it would be.