Download 2018

Hart Attack

13 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Don't get too excited. There's no secret gig note on the timetable and gaps this length have been maintenance gaps in the past. Cautiously optimistic it could be Enter Shikari, giving the general vibe of bands on that stage.

Shikari would be the dream

37 minutes ago, Dukey said:

That gap looking likely to be Stone Sour? They're in Sweden I think on the Friday

Stone Sour are on European gigs Fri and Sunday. I’d think it’s very unlikely to be them if there turns out to be a band on during that gap

5 hours ago, devilman said:

Leaving 8am tomorrow for the 10 hour drive down. I excite! Will be in for avatar. looks like main all day for fri. Stoked for GvF and Thrice as they are new to me. The Inglorious/Dream State clash is killing me. DS will likely win. Say hi if you see my ugly pus or just hurl abuse, I'll be sooooooo happy for the next 5 days i'll likely give you a big hug :) Have a great time e-fest rock and metal people.

27717499547_019fdd2dbc.jpgarnhemmeTN by devilnomad, on Flickr

If you’re in the camper van field, I’ll be in the BIG green van. Pop round to say hello, and for a beer, of course!

• Like 1

So looking at the T-Shirt designs from this year, I'm pretty sure that the band filling the 'secret set' slot is The Fever 333, between Rolo Tomassi and Being as an Ocean. Make of that what you will. 

Edited by Reece1617
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Moey said:

If you’re in the camper van field, I’ll be in the BIG green van. Pop round to say hello, and for a beer, of course!

Will do. If recent years are anything to go by I'll be down by the main stage entrance, to the left, blue transit custom with a very metal plate, yellow event shelter and a smiley saltire flag up. I'll have nice whisky and some special shooters with your name on :)

3 hours ago, Reece1617 said:

So looking at the T-Shirt designs from this year, I'm pretty sure that the band filling the 'secret set' slot is The Fever 333, between Rolo Tomassi and Being as an Ocean. Make of that what you will. 

I reckon it's Feeder. No reason other than they are at IOW and have headlined DL before.

Edit: Oh they are actually a real band! Never heard of them. ? ?

Edited by devilman
I'm daft.

Have a blast all of you who are heading over today. I’ll be going tomorrow after work. The excitement is real! 

Stone Sour is my guess for the secret set, although I’ve semi-convinced myself that it’s going to be Architects as Neck Deep said they have some cool things planned for the set and Sam coming out would be so sick if Architects are already there :ph34r:

It’s my first festival, looking forward to it! One question- when do you guys find time to sit around the camping having some beers? If I’m drinking the night before I won’t be alive in the morning until 10/11 earliest, and bands start playing at 12...

Also, do you keep making trips back to the campsite to drink, or just buy stuff in the arena? I’ve heard it a decently long walk back

43 minutes ago, Matt P said:

It’s my first festival, looking forward to it! One question- when do you guys find time to sit around the camping having some beers? If I’m drinking the night before I won’t be alive in the morning until 10/11 earliest, and bands start playing at 12...

Also, do you keep making trips back to the campsite to drink, or just buy stuff in the arena? I’ve heard it a decently long walk back

Not camped for a couple of years but it's a fair old walk back from arena to camping.  Better of making plans to get to arena and drink there, depending on how early the first band you want to see are on.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The Fever 333 confirmed to be playing this weekend. They are the 'secret' act on Saturday afternoon on the Avalanche Stage. Bangin'. 

Never heard of them but have had a listen.  Not my thing but the whole Avalanche stage line up does nothing for me, probably on account of my age.  ?

54 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Never heard of them but have had a listen.  Not my thing but the whole Avalanche stage line up does nothing for me, probably on account of my age.  ?

It’s Jason Butler from letlive.’s new band. The EP is pretty decent. Jason is one of the best frontmen of the 21st Century so seeing them live will be loads of fun :) 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It’s Jason Butler from letlive.’s new band. The EP is pretty decent. Jason is one of the best frontmen of the 21st Century so seeing them live will be loads of fun :) 

I might give them a look.  As an old bugger I was thinking Thunder but I've seen them a few time and could probably catch both

7 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Mate just messaged me asking if I know anything about secret sets at Download this year. Anyone know owt?

Yeah, it’s not a secret set. It’s The Fever 333 playing mid afternoon on the Avalanche Stage. It did look like a secret set as there was a 1 hour 40 minute gap after Rolo Tomassi but in yesterday’s Kerrang! it got confirmed that it is The Fever. 

It’s their first show outside of the USA so that’s pretty cool. I’m really happy with it seeing how they’re only doing Reading. 

7 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Mate just messaged me asking if I know anything about secret sets at Download this year. Anyone know owt?

Yeah, it’s not a secret set. It’s The Fever 333 playing mid afternoon on the Avalanche Stage. It did look like a secret set as there was a 1 hour 40 minute gap after Rolo Tomassi but in yesterday’s Kerrang! it got confirmed that it is The Fever. 

It’s their first show outside of the USA so that’s pretty cool. I’m really happy with it seeing how they’re only doing Reading. 

54 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Cheers dude, looked further back in this thread after I posted it and saw that it was them so I've let him know now. Dunno if he'll have a clue who they are lol, never known him be into Letlive.