Download 2018

Hart Attack

16 hours ago, Moey said:

Anyone got some insight in to the Zippo Sessions? The DL app intimates that it’ll be exclusive sessions by as yet unnamed bands. All you need to do is buy a lighter.....

There's a thing about it on the website too. Secret location performances .

Mildly intriguing 

1 hour ago, battleborn said:

I might actually be able to go to this. Is it worth paying the extra 10 quid for five night camping, or are you better off just going on the Friday morning?

I’d say 5 days camping would melt anyone lol 3 is enough for me 

1 minute ago, battleborn said:

I don't mind camping (in fact i'd quite happilly camp for 5 nights anyway) more just wondering if there's enough on site to be worth it.

To me it doesn’t make sense money wise but I don’t live in England so have to travel by flight. Up to yourself though little difference in price which is reasonable 

1 minute ago, battleborn said:

What bands do people want to see? No doubt this won't be possible becauses of clashes but my initial line up scan returns 19 bands I'd consider going to a gig for if they were round my way; not bad at all.

Avenged Sevenfold
Bullet for My Valentine
Marmozets
Guns N Roses
The Temperance Movement
Marilyn Manson
Cradle of Filth
Black Veil Brides
Ozzy Osbourne
You Me at Six
Parkway Drive
Asking Alexandria
Rise Against
Alexisonfire
Bad Religion
Cancer Bats
The Hives
Less Than Jake
Napalm Death

Add Body Count and Kreator that list. Pretty good line up imo

3 minutes ago, battleborn said:

I don't mind camping (in fact i'd quite happilly camp for 5 nights anyway) more just wondering if there's enough on site to be worth it.

We go for the full 5 days and don't mind spending the first 2 just sat around the campsite listening to music, if you're not bothered about doing much else, the first 2 are great. But I wouldn't say you could solely rely on Download to provide your entertainment for the first 2 days, might get a bit bored. 

Just now, battleborn said:

It's not so much the cost of the camping ticket, but the extra couple of days of festival expenses to contend with.

Yep thats the thing. There’ll be little happening to Friday I’d predict anyway

Did just 3 days for my first 4 years. Always do 5 now. Aside from getting a pitch where you want rather than searching around mobbed campsites full of pissed people for a patch of grass big enough to take your tent, it's just great to get the madness out of the way before you start watching bands. Chilling in the campsite wed and thurs is amazing. If you need something extra, the village has comedy and the dog tent playing music. There's a cinema and rides too. On thursday night there is the boardie takeover when 5 really good up and coming bands play in the dog tent plus there is the circus of horrors etc. I never usually make any of that though :) After wed night madness we like to do a pub crawl in Castle Donington and then have a curry before heading back to camp for madness pt2.

34 minutes ago, devilman said:

Did just 3 days for my first 4 years. Always do 5 now. Aside from getting a pitch where you want rather than searching around mobbed campsites full of pissed people for a patch of grass big enough to take your tent, it's just great to get the madness out of the way before you start watching bands. Chilling in the campsite wed and thurs is amazing. If you need something extra, the village has comedy and the dog tent playing music. There's a cinema and rides too. On thursday night there is the boardie takeover when 5 really good up and coming bands play in the dog tent plus there is the circus of horrors etc. I never usually make any of that though :) After wed night madness we like to do a pub crawl in Castle Donington and then have a curry before heading back to camp for madness pt2.

Is there a few decent watering holes in the village then? Don’t know if I could honestly be bothered with the extortionate prices of booze all weekend. Afaik it’ll be £5.20 a pint or bottle ?

13 minutes ago, BigG94 said:

Is there a few decent watering holes in the village then? Don’t know if I could honestly be bothered with the extortionate prices of booze all weekend. Afaik it’ll be £5.20 a pint or bottle ?

Not as many pubs as there used to be but we like it. Good buzz going on. As far as the booze goes, you only need to buy theirs when in the arena. You can even order cold slabs online this year to collect in the village, or take your own in. The co-op on site will also have beer.

• Upvote 2

What are the payment options at bars etc?

Can I use my contactless EU debitcard or creditcard (either VISA or Mastercard), will I have to get physical money to carry around and potentially lose or will the cashless system return so I can at least top-up a Download payment card?

Edited by Capzilla

2 hours ago, Capzilla said:

What are the payment options at bars etc?

Can I use my contactless EU debitcard or creditcard (either VISA or Mastercard), will I have to get physical money to carry around and potentially lose or will the cashless system return so I can at least top-up a Download payment card?

Cash or contactless was what they had last year. Thankfully have done away with the token scheme.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

A little uneasy that the popularity of these crate ordering schemes will further down the line lead to a festival-wide thing where everyone has to order their crap beer at a mark up.

Bollocks that you can't take your own beer into the arena in the first place. Nothing says rock n roll like paying £5 for a watered down Carlsberg. 

Hi guys, me and a mate are heading up from South Wales on the Wednesday, can anyone recommend the best place to set up camp as it's our first time at Download? Not looking for somewhere that's mayhem in the evening (getting on a bit now). Any places to avoid?

30 minutes ago, Reece1617 said:

I'm loving watching these Rock am Ring live streams, they're making me very excited for next weekend. Marilyn Manson sounded surprisingly good yesterday so I'm looking forward to his set at download quite a bit now.  

Forgot all about this until now lol streaming perfect on my ps4 so happy days lol

14 minutes ago, BigG94 said:

Parkway Drive up in around half an hour on the 2nd stage at Rock am Ring

They are fucking unreal sounding. They're going to tear the Zippo stage to pieces. They need to headline in the next few years, they just NEED to.