Download 2018

Hart Attack

8 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Does anyone else find all of Parkway's new tracks quite shit? Like the first 2 have grown on me a bit but the band are much better than this.

I really like it. Wishing Wells is the stand out for me. The Void has grown on me massively and I really like the newest track. Can’t wait for their set. 

9 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Does anyone else find all of Parkway's new tracks quite shit? Like the first 2 have grown on me a bit but the band are much better than this.

I agree, really disappointed that i dont enjoy it. Got hopes for it in context of the album though. I really want to like it !

Conjurer were absolutely incredible last night. They are so crushingly heavy. I’m not sure why they aren’t playing Download this year but if you’re a fan of Gojira, The Black Dahlia Murder or earlier Mastodon then you just have to give their album ‘Mire’ a spin. One of the best debut albums I’ve heard in years. 

Edited by Andre91

Don't understand the GNR day. Like, they're a huge mainstream band, don't get the thinking that they need old man day, I'd have thought it'd deffo sell best with mainstream stuff like Offspring or Hives or whatever. 

Edited by Steve1000

32 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The GNR day is amongst the worst main stage days I’ve ever seen at Download. How boring is that run up until GNR going to be!? Awful. 

Problem is they cost so much that its not affordable to have anything better than day, surprised BSC are there to be honest. I'm just not sure there is enough people to sell tickets for them at a fest with no interest in much of the others that day compares to the same price but sitting through one act you may not like on their tour?, you can sit higher up at their own big as well and at least see them.

Was always going to be that way, only one other band that day for me so won't be going and tbh I think Sunday mainstage isnt much to write home about. Friday has the most of any day I'd see but the big clash on the day makes it pointless. 

I expect i’ll Be at the main stage all day on Saturday. Each to their own, but I like the line up. Sunday looks awful for me, but I’m still going anyway. It’s an opportunity to see new bands. One thing I definitely won’t be doing is watching Ozzy!

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The GNR day is amongst the worst main stage days I’ve ever seen at Download. How boring is that run up until GNR going to be!? Awful. 

agree but zippo stage is good enough. you have parkway drive,babymetal and asking alexandria!

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I quite like it. I'll probably go see Lawnmower Deth and CoC but will be just as happy with Whisky Myers and Monster Truck. I'm a very long way from being a Thunder fanboy too but they will surprise a lot of people. (if you can ignore the old man dad dancing)