Download 2018

Hart Attack

34 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I'm in the process of convincing my mates to not go to this but instead try to go to Jera on Air  in the Netherlands instead. The line up there is killer for me as they've pretty much got the same bands me and my mates want to see anyway (baring one or two) and quite a few more I'd see there (Enter Shikari & Touche Amore, yes please) and it's £130 less.

We were talking about doing Amsterdam or Download anyway but with this we can have the best of both. Just have to finally convince them now :lol:

Shame really as I've always wanted to do a Download weekend but this really the weakest line up I've seen for me (can understand why other people are loving it though).

WOAH at that Jera lineup. I’ve never heard of it but that looks immense! 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

WOAH at that Jera lineup. I’ve never heard of it but that looks immense! 

Yeah it's so stacked. Shikari, Stick To Your Guns, Terror, Neck Deep, Frank Carter, Modern Life Is War, Bury Tomorrow, A Wilhelm Scream, Stray From The Path (I'm not a fan but my mates love them), Touche Amore, Knocked Loose, Boston Manor, Brutality Will Prevail & Higher Power. Spend far less money and I get more :lol: (well I'd have to get there but can't be that hard). Just the main thing is trying to persuade my mates. 3 of them will be easy to persuade but the other 2 will be more difficult but knowing me they wont want to go and Download will be back on the cards.

A few more bands needs to be announced, would love one or two from WSTR, Turnstile, Angel Du$t, Counterparts or Defeater. Would seal the deal for me

Edited by justanothername

Just dropping by to say hello and stay informed.

Download virgin here, by no means festival virgin though. Let me start off on bad terms:  I like metal but am not specifically a metalhead, main attractions for me are GNR, Ozzy, Dragonforce, Rise Against, Alexisonfire, Babymetal and Less Than Jake.

3 hours ago, Capzilla said:

Just dropping by to say hello and stay informed.

Download virgin here, by no means festival virgin though. Let me start off on bad terms:  I like metal but am not specifically a metalhead, main attractions for me are GNR, Ozzy, Dragonforce, Rise Against, Alexisonfire, Babymetal and Less Than Jake.

Welcome! I'd recommend giving Greta Van Fleet a listen, if you haven't already. 

Edited by Reece1617

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

was that a typo? :lol:

Haha, no, it was tongue-in-cheek. I know some people are full-on dedicated to a single genre whereas for me it's just something I also like, so I'm an outsider almost everywhere. At Sonisphere I had a few moments where on the inside I was really like: honestly guys I don't care what the bassist of X thinks of the drummer of Y, is that all we can talk about and please can we listen to other genres for fifteen minutes? :D 

1 hour ago, Reece1617 said:

Welcome! I'd recommend giving Greta Van Fleet a listen, if you haven't already. 

Thanks for the tip, definitely my groove. If it doesn't conflict with my favourites expect me to be there!

£240 based on two people with car parking for Download 5 days? £16.80 fees. £228 just under for 3 days where you can't arrive on Thursday. Didn't think I'd see the day a Reading ticket with 4 days camping on it would be cheaper, even Reading 5 days us cheaper than Download...buy £2 but still, and that has £20 each early bird which used to be £10 at one point I believe.

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, but Download is a better festival. Everything about it. 

I don't agree entirely....over Reading maybe. Leeds camping and even Reading is way better in my opinion.....Leeds you can camp about 10 metres down from the area. The food is much better at Leeds as well and the arena.....I don't think the Download area is good at all tbh and what you're allowed in.....no chairs at all should be in there, it's a festival not sit down picnic. The sound is generally as spot on as it can be but and I said the generation is a bit older but with the avalanche stage that'll just change now. 

• Downvote 1

Q: What's the situation on paying at the festival? A few years ago at Sonisphere I noticed that everything was cash and the ATMs didn't even take Maestro debit cards, so I had to go to Knebworth to get physical money. Is that any better at Download? All I can find is that there was a cashless system but they cancelled it?

Saw Hollywood Undead and The One Hundred sat night, the 100 were great such good stage presence and probably got a great reaction for a support act. Hollywood Undead were good i mean it was just like a big party really and the atmosphere made it - will be surprised if they aren't here this year.

hi am new to this forum but i find it very usefull for me!! i want to ask if anyone  know why limp bizkit are not announce for download uk 2018 despite they almost play every major european festival this year? and if there is any chance they can get announce in the next announcement ty for your time!!

8 minutes ago, antros23 said:

hi am new to this forum but i find it very usefull for me!! i want to ask if anyone  know why limp bizkit are not announce for download uk 2018 despite they almost play every major european festival this year? and if there is any chance they can get announce in the next announcement ty for your time!!

They weren't booked. Looks like most of the major places have gone. Can't see a slot for them if I'm honest.