Download 2018

Hart Attack

On 8/19/2017 at 6:36 PM, seant007 said:

There's a big difference of stage presence between the way these bands react to the crowd, part of being a great headliner is being great with the crowd, and Nin just don't have enough of that, it's easy to understand, bands like ax7, gnr, metallica, and even BMTH are more attached to connecting with the fans wile they're playing live, and Download is fitted for bands like that, Andy wants download to have bands that connect with the audience and treat them like family, in 2018 I just don't see NIN bringing enough of that, I mean they don't even like festivals that much in the first place.

To me that NIN performance blew that A7x performance out of the water and i have no preference towards either act.

Fan interaction sin't for every band, some bands prefer to do a more immersive show and focus of the performance as if they were performing a stage show, not just a gig.

Tool are one of these types of band and Andy would give a leg to get them at Download so i feel your point is completely invalid, the reason that NIN will probably not headline is that they aren't quite enough of a draw these days and there are options that make a lot more sense.

On 18/08/2017 at 8:12 PM, stevieg1993 said:

Think more popular ones like seasick Steve would go down alright early afternoon. Would also like see Rival Sons or Vintage Trouble play a slot but don't quite no how it go down but I'd be fine with it. 

Vintage trouble played soni back in the day.  I'll talk to Richard (drummer) sometime about it but i imagine knowing the guys if they get asked they'll play. They were so happy to play hellfest recently. 

11 hours ago, Gozpot said:

To me that NIN performance blew that A7x performance out of the water and i have no preference towards either act.

Fan interaction sin't for every band, some bands prefer to do a more immersive show and focus of the performance as if they were performing a stage show, not just a gig.

Tool are one of these types of band and Andy would give a leg to get them at Download so i feel your point is completely invalid, the reason that NIN will probably not headline is that they aren't quite enough of a draw these days and there are options that make a lot more sense.

Agree with all of this. Look at SOAD this year, they barely interacted with the crowd. 

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:12 AM, jammy2211 said:

NIN are the best band I've ever seen live (sober). They would kill a download headline set and really need to be headliner to pull off their proper stage show. Always hoped they'd be given the Friday download slot one year.

Nin would be perfect for Friday, but then what will happen with ax7 if BMTH are still an option?

would we wait on BMTH or just pass on putting NIN as a headliner, or consider NIN and ax7 the two headliners ?

Edited by RockCatNamedBob

On 16/08/2017 at 1:22 AM, Steve1000 said:

BMTH // The Prodigy // Marylou Manson // Papa Roach // Neck Deep // Frank Carter // Deafheaven // Puppy

Ghost // Killswitch Engage // Slaves

Asking Alexandria (closing early)

Avenged Sevenfold // Stone Sour // Parkway Drive // Black Veil Brides // Amon Amarth // Hatebreed // Code Orange // Idles 

Placebo // Rise Against // While She Sleeps

The Wonder Years

Metallica // Nine Inch Nails // Volbeat // At The Drive In // Anthrax // Marmozets // Pup // Black Peaks

Babymetal // Frank Turner // The Amity Affliction 

Pvris

Made a few changes + expanded

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Im think at this moment that NIN wont have enough to headline, and im think Metallica wont make it so i'll throw out

Friday- BMTH// NIN// Enter Shikari

Saturday- Ax7// Black Stone Cherry( yes i think they can sub-headline)// Parkway Drive

Sunday- Gnr// Stone Sour// Pretty Reckless

i dont see volbeat playing  and i think NIN would fit best paired with BMTH sense their new, marylou i think would just headline 2nd again, but that could be easily overthrown by a band like Arch enemy or Trivium or Placebo 

9 hours ago, Jon-Paul said:

I would just like to put it out there, that Mr copping said he was going to go back to 'classic' for 2018. And poison have just reformed, and are touring next year along with bon jovi and def leppard. So it could be a possibility that those 3 might feature across the weekend.

Where did he say that? There's no way any more than 1 of those bands would get booked for next year as they'd all want to headline. 

20 hours ago, Jon-Paul said:

I would just like to put it out there, that Mr copping said he was going to go back to 'classic' for 2018. And poison have just reformed, and are touring next year along with bon jovi and def leppard. So it could be a possibility that those 3 might feature across the weekend.

if he's going "classic", then it would be for only Sunday right? and because he's going in that direction GNR should be pretty definite to headline right? Hopefully he'll choose Poison or Bon Jovi besides Def Leppard if GNR cant do it.

But where are you getting this news from anyway?

The reformed poison are touring with leppard at the moment in the u.s. and are planning to come to the UK next year, its on  their website. And its hysteria's 30 year anniversary next year, and they have some big announcements for 2018. So says their website also. And regarding bon jovi. 1 of their representatives has come out and said they are in the studio working on a ' back to their roots' album with a world tour planned for summer 2018. I think he got the sack for that though. And as they have not done download yet, it makes perfect sense. I wouldn't  be surprised if skid row has a slot somewhere too. As they will be in England also

23 hours ago, Jon-Paul said:

The reformed poison are touring with leppard at the moment in the u.s. and are planning to come to the UK next year, its on  their website. And its hysteria's 30 year anniversary next year, and they have some big announcements for 2018. So says their website also. And regarding bon jovi. 1 of their representatives has come out and said they are in the studio working on a ' back to their roots' album with a world tour planned for summer 2018. I think he got the sack for that though. And as they have not done download yet, it makes perfect sense. I wouldn't  be surprised if skid row has a slot somewhere too. As they will be in England also

I think if Andy's smart he'll get Bon jovi, but because of more money coming out of it and because they headlined in '09 and '11 Def leppard will be his pick.

28 minutes ago, RockCatNamedBob said:

your not alone, it does seem to be the most likely thing to happen though.

I guess at least if they do the co headline it gives them a reason to not have Def Leppard headline outright again considering how small a crowd they had in 2011. I imagine if they do it Def Leppard will essentially take the sub headliner spot.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, SOAD said:

I guess at least if they do the co headline it gives them a reason to not have Def Leppard headline outright again considering how small a crowd they had in 2011. I imagine if they do it Def Leppard will essentially take the sub headliner spot.

Andy wouldn't drop them that low in the billing, he thinks of them as a headlining band just like any other band that has headlined. it'll be a lot more likely for them to headline along with poison together or for just poison to be the headliner vs them being dropped to a sub headliner, the same thing goes with the prodigy

Poison are guests on Def Leppard's tour in the States - not even joint headliners - and they were much bigger there than over here. They're not in contention to headline Download and certainly not over Def Leppard who at least have massive history over here even if they aren't as fondly remembered as their peers. I'm sure if they're available then Copping will get them (which certainly isn't true for Def Leppard) but at highest I think they'd be a sub cos of rarity - if they were given a headline slot, Andy would lose his job before the festival opened its gates. :lol: