Festival on the wall

Muppetmark

On 2/2/2017 at 3:04 PM, Alan_C said:

Would love the option of a good festival so close to home. I won't be going this year, and I also think the ticket prices are far too high for a first year.

Lindisfarne!!

Been wanting to go for the past couple of years but never managed it but got clarance (!) this yearI got the early bird tix £79 inc booking fee.

First few smaller acts just announced.

Doing the farm and latitude this year but for some strange reason, I'm more excited about this, probably because I can just lie in my tent and everything will be a short stroll away, rather than a mammoth hike. Over 18s only as well.

Oh yeah, no Ed Sheeran or Foo Fighters either.........

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/2/2017 at 2:42 PM, dentalplan said:

Sounds about what I was expecting. Similar to Y Not and Kendal Calling, but those built up over the years with committed regulars rather than jumping in at the deep end - and it's also not that far from actual Kendal. I think that tagline is so ambiguous that it probably doesn't mean a lot to anyone trying to get an idea of what it will be like.

For what it's worth, their license application is for 40,000 people. Similar, for what it's worth, it costs £8000 more to apply for a 40k license than a 30k license, and an additional £4k per year. By way of comparison, 10k license is £1000 and then £500 per year. 

Edited by naarjtie

2 hours ago, naarjtie said:

For what it's worth, their license application is for 40,000 people. Similar, for what it's worth, it costs £8000 more to apply for a 40k license than a 30k license, and an additional £4k per year. By way of comparison, 10k license is £1000 and then £500 per year. 

Nothing like starting small and working your way up. Unless you've got big names behind you or a decent reputation it's a brave move applying for a 40000 licence for a new festival. Even more so when your opening price point for your average customer is £170 early bird. 

Don't get me wrong, I live not far from the site, it's great to see someone giving another festival a go but come on, £170 and a 8 can allowance isn't gonna tempt me unless the line up is exceptional. Which up till now it isn't ! 

I hope im wrong but I'll be surprised if they sell 10,000 even with the promised fine dining, roller disco and the hot tubs 

I'm still intrigued and interested in this but still non the wiser I've checked there T&C's and found the below which is savage , I always like to be able to pop back to the car charge phone or just take it easy setting up doing a few trips ! 

Do I have to camp?
No, if you choose not to camp, your wristband will allow you access on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. However, anyone leaving the site and returning the next day, will be researched on entry and you cannot leave the site and return on the same day. For security reasons there is a strict no pass-out policy, so if you have to leave the festival on Saturday for example you will ONLY be able to return the following day.

Can I go back to the car once I’m in the festival/campsite?
Once you’re in the festival or campsite you cannot leave and come back in on the same day, so you’ll need all your stuff with you when you first enter. If you leave, you can only come back the following day. The festival and campsite are totally separate to the car park.

It seems at bit savage to me too, I am very interested in it but when I am paying over £180 for a ticket I want access to my car!  I'd be taking a caravan if I did go and even then you have to pitch up and take your car away to the main car park - I think I may even have read 'immediately' which suggest to me they wont let you unpack your car because they want to search your gear for fear you have a bottle of wine too many.  The festival is creating a lot of talk, but people are put off by the alcohol restriction and the said conditions.  And early birds were only a tenner less than the price they've got them on sale for now.  I'll keep watching for now....

The VIP ticketing aspect is very confusing I have to say.  They're offering VIP tickets which offer things like showers and VIP bar access etc for £330.00 (or the late-bird equivalent), and they also mention you can rent a pre-pitched tent, or splash out on t'pees and bell tents etc, then say "all coming soon".  But they don't make it clear if these options will be extra money, or included in the VIP price.  They also don't make it clear, that if, as I suspect, the podpads and that ARE extra money on top, you will have to buy the VIP package aswell as the podpad.  For instance, I'm interested in the podpad prices, but am not bothered about all the w*nky stuff you get with a vip package like fancy showers and vip restaurants and a cocktail bar.  If you have to fork out twice to stay in a podpad, I'd have said that's a bit of a con.

In fact I've just received an email from them saying, yes the "accommodation" such as pre-pitched tents, yurts etc will be an additional charge.  However I've also read that there are only 25 VIP tickets left (and that was last week), they are also claiming that tickets are selling fast for the festival so hurry up and buy so you don't miss out, but that pricing for the yurts etc will come on sale later.  So what they want you to do essentially is pay for a VIP ticket, and then hope that you're ok with the additional fee they whack on for staying in a yurt when they eventually release those details.  What a crazy way of doing that.  So you're paying £340.00 for your VIP ticket, which I assume you have to have to be able to have a yurt or bell tent, then when they release those details, god knows when, you have to fork out another god knows how much on top to secure one of those.  It's mental.  Why not just have a ticket, which includes a yurt, which is in the fancy area, with all the extra vip stuff included.  Mental I said.

Edited by glendvd

On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 8:20 PM, _JohnConnell said:

Received an e-mail today saying:

Stay tuned over the next few weeks as we announce even more exclusive news - including our Sunday night headliners!

Does that suggest it's a single band? Or co-headliners?

...Thoughts?

Reckon they don't know yet. People expected to buy tickets on the strength of 9 bands!. It does make me wonder how many bands will be playing. No mention of start time or finish times or how many stages. Very suspicious.

Edited by stuart hall

I downloaded the "premises licence application form" from Northumberland councils website a few weeks back. it had some useful information in including live music times.

the licence allows live music from 12.00 midday day on the friday all the way through till midnight on the sunday but the festival has suggested live music is set to start at 13.30 each day.

1 hour ago, liambarton said:

I downloaded the "premises licence application form" from Northumberland councils website a few weeks back. it had some useful information in including live music times.

the licence allows live music from 12.00 midday day on the friday all the way through till midnight on the sunday but the festival has suggested live music is set to start at 13.30 each day.

Fair enough. I presume that means the main stage ends at 12 as opposed to any dj's playing in tents? Will know better whether it is worthwhile when they add another 50 bands or so.

22 hours ago, stuart hall said:

Reckon they don't know yet. People expected to buy tickets on the strength of 9 bands!. It does make me wonder how many bands will be playing. No mention of start time or finish times or how many stages. Very suspicious.

There is a disturbing lack of information.  And for them to also say "hurry tickets are selling fast" when there's no information on prices of the pre-pitched tents, or what bands will be playing, number of stages as you say, times, it's really not good to be selling tickets and saying they're selling out when you don't even know what you're buying them for.

4 minutes ago, glendvd said:

There is a disturbing lack of information.  And for them to also say "hurry tickets are selling fast" when there's no information on prices of the pre-pitched tents, or what bands will be playing, number of stages as you say, times, it's really not good to be selling tickets and saying they're selling out when you don't even know what you're buying them for.

Also, the bs phrases they keep trotting out don't warm me towards them. I.e. we are a boutique festival on a large scale, the Glastonbury of the north, uk's friendliest festival, tired of festivals that don't care about you?

And we still don't know how much they are charging for car parking! 

I totally agree on the lack of information. if I hadn't of been nosey and downloaded the applications off the council website I wouldn't of know half of what I  do. And its all information people would want before buying a ticket.

There will be 3 stages, 1 outdoor and 2 tents. bands ending midnight but djs carry on beyond that. 

bars shut at 3am

entry to the site is from thursday at 8am with acoustic performances scheduled for the thursday evening

This area is desperate for something like this event and could be really successful if the right people were involved and its ran properly. so far i'm not convinced.

36 minutes ago, liambarton said:

I totally agree on the lack of information. if I hadn't of been nosey and downloaded the applications off the council website I wouldn't of know half of what I  do. And its all information people would want before buying a ticket.

There will be 3 stages, 1 outdoor and 2 tents. bands ending midnight but djs carry on beyond that. 

bars shut at 3am

entry to the site is from thursday at 8am with acoustic performances scheduled for the thursday evening

This area is desperate for something like this event and could be really successful if the right people were involved and its ran properly. so far i'm not convinced.

See that's the sort of information I'm talking about, thanks.  Why on earth is stuff like that not on their website?  There must be a reason.

58 minutes ago, stuart hall said:

Also, the bs phrases they keep trotting out don't warm me towards them. I.e. we are a boutique festival on a large scale, the Glastonbury of the north, uk's friendliest festival, tired of festivals that don't care about you?

And we still don't know how much they are charging for car parking! 

And also, I'm not tired of festivals that don't care about me.  I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.  I've never arrived at a festival with no stewarding, or some bloke just going, right get in there, sleep where you want, it's gonna be a crap weekend but we couldn't give a toss.  If you need any help, tough shit, cos we don't care.  And is it only the Glastonbury of the North because that's the most famous festival they could think of and applied it to this.  Plus, how can it be the UK's friendliest festival if it hasn't even been on yet?  And how is it the friendliest?  Are all the staff just gonna be even nicer than all the other festivals, on purpose.  Calling you sir and giving you hugs and kisses all day long?  I've been to loads of festivals and never come away thinking, they were very unfriendly mind.

I reckon they just went to a festival in 1996 and didn't like it much. There's not a lot of knowledge of how festivals are currently ran coming through. Like glendvd says gone are the days of corporate festivals, pretty much every festival nowadays ensures you have a great weekend.

Also, three stages for 40,000 people hardly seems sufficient. That's the same size as Latitude and they have a few more than three stages. The website says the DJ Tent is "for late night revellers" and I suspect, given the amount of the posts on their facebook page, the other indoor stage is for emerging talent. That's going to leave a heck of a lot of people milling round the main stage during the day.

We're off to Deer Shed, Willowman and Hardwick Live this year but would love a really big festival in the area. I don't think this is going to be it. Looks like more of a case of Festival goes to the Wall. 

how do you get they aren't adding many more bands?

judging off the licence application it suggested hundreds of acts over 3 stages over 3 days and with the stage times being 1.30 till midnight each day i imagine there must be a significant amount more to be added.

judging off what i have read or seen its Pet Shop Boys headlining the main stage and Maximo Headlining a tent on the Friday and by the way they have tweeted today i guess the same goes for Libertines on the main stage and Mark Ronson on the other stage.

I had a quick look through who they follow on twitter incase they were daft enough to follow who was on the lineup and along with who has been announced they followed the likes of Catfish, 1975, Coldplay, Sting, Sundara Karma and a fair few others all around the same time.

for all the bashing we are giving it maybe just maybe they might get it right in the end.

7 minutes ago, liambarton said:

judging off the licence application it suggested hundreds of acts over 3 stages over 3 days and with the stage times being 1.30 till midnight each day i imagine there must be a significant amount more to be added.

judging off what i have read or seen its Pet Shop Boys headlining the main stage and Maximo Headlining a tent on the Friday and by the way they have tweeted today i guess the same goes for Libertines on the main stage and Mark Ronson on the other stage.

I had a quick look through who they follow on twitter incase they were daft enough to follow who was on the lineup and along with who has been announced they followed the likes of Catfish, 1975, Coldplay, Sting, Sundara Karma and a fair few others all around the same time.

for all the bashing we are giving it maybe just maybe they might get it right in the end.

It just doesn't make sense to go to day tickets if you'very got a load more bands up your sleeve. In the beginning they only had camping tickets before introducing non-camping at £50 less. Then they repeatedly said they weren'the selling day tickets. And to be fair a weekend festival has a totally different feel to a day event.

Forgive my cynicism but I just think if you know you have loads of great bands lined up then there's no need to go to day tickets. Have a bit of faith in your own event.

It may work ok as a day event but it's not going to be what I thought it wanted to be in the beginning. Oh and do your day splits first before announcing day tickets. That makes it look like you're panicking even more.

8 minutes ago, liambarton said:

This is the thing, I have no doubt it will be a good festival, and I really wanna go, but I want to know my options with regards to these pre-erected tents they're saying about.  My issue with it is, the lack of information, but being expected to buy a ticket "before they sell out", based on very little.  I possibly think they've released the tickets too early, without any definite plan in place.  I think they've even possibly been too presumptuous, releasing tickets based on there simply being a festival, where there has previously not been one in the area, and expecting people to buy them based on an idea.  It's fair enough when fully established festivals release tickets before full lineups, but you know what you're gonna get most the time when it's been going on for years.  For me, at the moment, there are too many vague ideas, and not enough substantial information, for the tickets to even be on sale yet.  And I'm not even necessarily talking about the lineup, I'm also talking about their lack of info on how many stages, opening times, and these vip camping options.  Why on earth they would have this option, but still not have any prices or information on it, is a mystery.

In the end though, I think it'll be good, just need more info before expecting people to buy tickets.

21 minutes ago, liambarton said:

I've not looked into it, but are the geezers running this experienced promoters?

Cos it's one thing following and wanting bands like Coldplay and Catfish because they're big sellers, but it's another thing entirely to be a promoter that an agent will be happy to give that act to. Any agent will want only the top bookings for its top acts.

In the 20 years I've been sat here i've seen endless big plans from small geezers, and as far as I can remember none of those events have ended up anything like how they presented it at the start (if they ever happened at all).

It would be great if all it took was booking the bands and the bands could be booked, but that's not how the real world works unfortunately.