Parklife, Manchester

pete76

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't say I know anything about a lot of the acts lower down on this lineup but really enjoying discovering stuff. Buying a ticket has forced me to finally listen to the likes of Anderson .Paak who I've been meaning to get round to for a while (he is brilliant). Sampha v Danny Brown looks likely though which would be nasty, hopefully be able to catch one here and the other at Glastonbury if that ends up being the case. What little I've listened to of Mick Jenkins and A Tribe Called Quest is good too so need to delve deeper there. If anyone wants to recommend anybody on the lineup based on who I've mentioned that'd be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Can't say I know anything about a lot of the acts lower down on this lineup but really enjoying discovering stuff. Buying a ticket has forced me to finally listen to the likes of Anderson .Paak who I've been meaning to get round to for a while (he is brilliant). Sampha v Danny Brown looks likely though which would be nasty, hopefully be able to catch one here and the other at Glastonbury if that ends up being the case. What little I've listened to of Mick Jenkins and A Tribe Called Quest is good too so need to delve deeper there. If anyone wants to recommend anybody on the lineup based on who I've mentioned that'd be much appreciated.

Hmm I assume Jagwar Ma is already on your hitlist with them having supported Tame Impala and played Glasto recently. I think the Saturday Sounds of the Near Future stage bill is really damn good up until the last act. Japanese House good also if you fancied a trip to the main stage.

Less au fait with the Sunday lineup but if you choose Sampha then swinging by early for the Floating Points set wouldn't be bad - his albums are good jams but those live shows look massive. Nao can serve up some pretty infectious enthusiasm if you're off in early.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hmm I assume Jagwar Ma is already on your hitlist with them having supported Tame Impala and played Glasto recently. I think the Saturday Sounds of the Near Future stage bill is really damn good up until the last act. Japanese House good also if you fancied a trip to the main stage.

Less au fait with the Sunday lineup but if you choose Sampha then swinging by early for the Floating Points set wouldn't be bad - his albums are good jams but those live shows look massive. Nao can serve up some pretty infectious enthusiasm if you're off in early.

Yeah Jagwar Ma is defo one I'm looking to check out soon but not done so yet. I'm prob gonna be at that stage most of Saturday so you've sussed me well haha, I've got mates into Loyle Carner and Rejjie Snow so was gonna give them a listen. Little Dragon and Rex Orange County I have absolutely no idea about but I'll check them out this week, cheers!

That seems a good call getting to Sampha early too, seen Floating Points mentioned a lot on here so they must have something about them. Nothing else I've heard on 5th down (apart from Zara Larsson who doesn't interest me at all) so don't think I'd be missing out on anything. 

For a festival with such a shit reputation it really does seem to have an interesting lineup. Or maybe it just seems that way to me cos I'm pretty uninformed on this scene compared to what the likes of R&L book. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 0:29 PM, 19liam75 said:

Never been to parklife before. When do they usually release the set times? is it something that is done on the day so you have to buy a program? would like to know if anyone clashes before i go. 

Yep, it's a program job, annoyingly.