Green Day

504329lt

39 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's seemingly a stronger suggestion of Justice for Friday.

You might be right about The xx, tho they don't really feel like an Other Stage headliner to me.

Ah bollix, a Radiohead/Justice clash is worst case scenario for me.

I'd be happy if they were the only acts I saw all weekend.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep, can't disagree with that take on it.

OK, let's go at it another way. Why are they suddenly being suggested for Sunday? Is it because they're thought to be playing but no one knows which slot so it's being guessed at?

Cos if so, plenty of other acts could be guessed into that slot, so there's no particular reason to think of just them, is there?

Definitely won't clash with Radiohead and it sounds as though alt-J will be opposite Foos.

If Foos are doing a super long set I dunno if they'd have The xx before them as it'd be pretty light when The xx played and until recently they said they'd only play in the dark. Don't think they'll sub Radiohead as I think Elbow or Royal Blood will do it seeing as it looks like both of those could only really do Friday.

So that'd leave em as Sunday.

Out of the likely options we have left I've ended up thinking they'll headline Other as opposed to subbing Pyramid.

But to answer your final question, nah there's no particular reason to think of them.

Edited by Will-2609

44 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

if they've managed to book Sheeran, Foos, Green Day, Lady Gaga and Radiohead all at one festival they've done themselves pretty well on the big names, even if only the last and perhaps Gaga would interest me.

Add the Weeknd & the xx and they basically have 2 sets of headliners (for any major festival) :o

Cor blimey The XX pulled out some lush af support for that Night + Day gig; Robyn, Floating Points, Cat Power, Sampha. I don't even like The XX and I could've happily gone to that (would order two pitchers of cheeky vimto and go make friends with Robyn when X-Fish & The X-Men come on like).

12 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Cor blimey The XX pulled out some lush af support for that Night + Day gig; Robyn, Floating Points, Cat Power, Sampha. I don't even like The XX and I could've happily gone to that (would order two pitchers of cheeky vimto and go make friends with Robyn when X-Fish & The X-Men come on like).

What's this???

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

What's this???

Curated an all-dayer

poster.jpg

Emily wants to get them on staff as bookers with skills like that.

Uhh, Green Day thread... The other week when Green Day were in Manchester somebody text me to say Green Day were in the cat cafe which is over the road from my work, thought I was being trolled. Later turned out they were http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/green-day-manchester-cat-cafe-12567236 what a world eh? I'm on topic and you can't tell me off. Cats are the best.

I was all for The XX subbing the pyramid but after having seen them in Nottingham on the first night of the UK tour I really want them to headline the other stage again.

That stage setup in the dark on the other could really be something special, loud places with the stage lit up in a rainbow of colours would be an absolute moment

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Curated an all-dayer

poster.jpg

Emily wants to get them on staff as bookers with skills like that.

Uhh, Green Day thread... The other week when Green Day were in Manchester somebody text me to say Green Day were in the cat cafe which is over the road from my work, thought I was being trolled. Later turned out they were http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/green-day-manchester-cat-cafe-12567236 what a world eh? I'm on topic and you can't tell me off. Cats are the best.

Ahhh not Manchester night and day cafe, was getting excited then lol

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Not bullshit as such, but just talking it up.

I get what you mean. It's like then i say my next batch of chilli's are going to be hotter than the last but at the end of the day I don't know if go overkill on the feed & kill them all or get some really nice Southern sun & they go explosive.

21 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I get what you mean. It's like then i say my next batch of chilli's are going to be hotter than the last but at the end of the day I don't know if go overkill on the feed & kill them all or get some really nice Southern sun & they go explosive.

That's not where I was expecting that sentence to go. 

Would the XX be okay with sticking with the same slot as before? Or are they the sort of act that want to keep seeing progression in slot placements? I hope they sub RH personally. But yes I can equally see them on the other up against Ed.

Radiohead, The XX // Justice

Foo Fighters, Gaga // Alt J

Sheeran, The Weeknd // Green day

would be some booking that. 

6 hours ago, mjsell said:

That's not where I was expecting that sentence to go. 

Would the XX be okay with sticking with the same slot as before? Or are they the sort of act that want to keep seeing progression in slot placements? I hope they sub RH personally. But yes I can equally see them on the other up against Ed.

Radiohead, The XX // Justice

Foo Fighters, Gaga // Alt J

Sheeran, The Weeknd // Green day

would be some booking that. 

Radiohead, The xx // The Weeknd

Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro // alt-J

Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga // Green Day

Why not go all out? :P

1 hour ago, Futurism said:

I'm hoping for Kraftwerk on West Holts when Ed is playing.

:jig::jig::jig::jig:

Neil has had info that they're not doing any UK festivals unfortunately. I probably would've ended up missing them anyway - would be amazing but not exactly the party that I want to end my festival with.

9 hours ago, across97 said:

http://m.somersetlive.co.uk/glastonbury-festival-green-day-rumours-here-s-why-they-might-be-playing/story-30214457-detail/story.html nothing new on this article? But the story about best international band is clutching at straws a bit

Just stealing things from efestivals as normal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Although those rumours came to nothing in 2017 they'd be an amazing booking.

2019 anyone?

Don't see it ever happening. Pop/punk isn't something Glastonbury really bother with and Green Day are way past their prime in both their output and popularity. Probably just end up at Reading and Leeds or even TRNSMT when they next tour.