Green Day

504329lt

13 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Such an enjoyable gig tonight. Lively crowd, great setlist and brilliant crowd interaction. She, Minority, Basket Case and that Jesus of Suburbia verse were personal highlights. Get them to Glastonbury.  

Yea, really enjoyed it too. I have seen Green day a few times and they always put on a show...the passion always shines through.

Not a massive fan of the later stuff, but always good to hear are we the waiting, when I come around she, and one of my favourites ever, Jesus of suburbia.

He couldn't resist a f*** y** Donald Trump!

Saw them for the first (and only time to date) at Emirates in 2013, they put on a decent show though could have focused a touch more on the songs and less on telling people to go mental etc, they'll do that anyway surely.  Maybe that's the old fart in me, thought it just killed the momentum a few times. Maybe they were trying too hard... would definitely try and catch some of them at Glasto.  

On 2/9/2017 at 2:24 PM, joeltg said:

Yea, really enjoyed it too. I have seen Green day a few times and they always put on a show...the passion always shines through.

Not a massive fan of the later stuff, but always good to hear are we the waiting, when I come around she, and one of my favourites ever, Jesus of suburbia.

He couldn't resist a f*** y** Donald Trump!

Can't tell if you class When I Come Around and She as later stuff? That's some hardcore adherence to Kerplunk as the one true album if you do! :lol:

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Quark said:

Can't tell if you class When I Come Around and She as later stuff? That's some hardcore adherence to Kerplunk as the one true album if you do! :lol:

Will probably be shot down here but my favourite album was American Idiot, absolutely love that album.

Also loved Dookie (obviously) Nimrod, Kerplunk, and warning. 

What I should of said is bar a few track's on 21st Century breakdown, I didn't care much for the Uno, do's, tre albums and haven't really given revolution radio much of a listen to comment, although I heard it's not bad atall.

5 hours ago, joeltg said:

Will probably be shot down here but my favourite album was American Idiot, absolutely love that album.

Also loved Dookie (obviously) Nimrod, Kerplunk, and warning. 

What I should of said is bar a few track's on 21st Century breakdown, I didn't care much for the Uno, do's, tre albums and haven't really given revolution radio much of a listen to comment, although I heard it's not bad atall.

Nothing wrong with that, it's a class album. Warning is my all-time favourite. Dookie and Nimrod both superb. 

I've told myself there's no way on earth they're gonna be at G, it's probably for the best. The excitement is already enough with Radiohead being there, I might implode if Green Day are added.

7 hours ago, Quark said:

Sorry to be incredibly pedantic.... Kerplunk is the 2nd album.

They released the below linm before it... for anyone who has not heard it.

Dookie got me into Green Day when Basket Case came out. I was a fan ever since, but bought the other cds afterwards.

I was really pleased on Monday seeing them again. I hadnt listened to anything in years. Such great memories for me.

2000 light years away was a massive surprise and a great one at that

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

6 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sorry to be incredibly pedantic.... Kerplunk is the 2nd album.

They released the below linm before it... for anyone who has not heard it.

Dookie got me into Green Day when Basket Case came out. I was a fan ever since, but bought the other cds afterwards.

I was really pleased on Monday seeing them again. I hadnt listened to anything in years. Such great memories for me.

2000 light years away was a massive surprise and a great one at that

Gagh, hoisted by my own petard!

I think this is the one place you don't need to apologise for pedantry Fuzz :lol:

American Idiot is one of those albums which people love to criticise as being rubbish in a way to 'prove' to others that they were hardcore fans from 'before they were famous' so to speak (or in Green Day's case... before they were massive for a second time). Every album up to and including American Idiot has been great imo, though Insomniac is probably the weakest.

21st CB and Uno, Dos, Tres all actually had some really good tunes on, they weren't amazing albums all the way through but UDT had some really Dookie-like songs. Aside from Still Breathing, Revolution Radio has done nothing for me :(

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EamerRed said:

American Idiot is one of those albums which people love to criticise as being rubbish in a way to 'prove' to others that they were hardcore fans from 'before they were famous' so to speak (or in Green Day's case... before they were massive for a second time). Every album up to and including American Idiot has been great imo, though Insomniac is probably the weakest.

21st CB and Uno, Dos, Tres all actually had some really good tunes on, they weren't amazing albums all the way through but UDT had some really Dookie-like songs. Aside from Still Breathing, Revolution Radio has done nothing for me :(

I dont mind American idiot, barring a couple of tracks. Insomniac is the weakest of the pre American Idiot albums, but Stuart & Ave, Brainstew & Armitage Shanks are all quality

When we were in Tokyo over New Year, we kept visiting a store called Kiddy Land to buy more and more Studio Ghibli tat. Every single time we went in, they were playing the full, uncensored American Idiot album over the PA. a surreal experience buying a Totoro plush toy with Billy Joe screaming 'mind fuck America!' in the background.

4 hours ago, EamerRed said:

I actually think 21st Century Breakdown is a really solid album. No it's not as good as American Idiot but there's nothing wrong with it imo. Uno, Dos, Tre I managed to convince myself were good at the time but they're pretty fucking dire on the whole. I now think they could have made one 7/10 album but instead they made three shit albums with more filler tracks than the rest of their discography combined.

Revolution Radio for me is back to form, nothing groundbreaking or particularly great, but it's good and I really enjoyed what they played of it live except Youngblood. I can't remember if I've said this on here or not already so apologies if I have, but Bang Bang and Revolution Radio actually got a better reception from the crowd than the likes of Hitchin A Ride.

On 05/02/2017 at 11:05 PM, Muppetmark said:

Been trying for months to find a face value ticket and didn't manage.  Enjoy. My friend went tonight and loved it

I saw them at the O2 on Wednesday having got a face value ticket on the previous night on Twickets. Here's a thing, the girl who sold me it worked for ticketmaster and she said that she bought the ticket on the Monday from the O2 box office for a friend who then could not go. She said that through her contacts she knew that O2 nearly always release tickets just before the gig for 'sell outs'. The seat was on top tier but level with the stage front. Great spec.

On 06/02/2017 at 8:21 AM, balti-pie said:

I saw Green Day in leeds last night - I'm in no way a fan, I got the tickets for the missus for Christmas (we live on the south coast, leeds were the only ones I could get) and I tell you what, they were brilliant. Real showmen, properly entertaining, very engaging even with casual twats like me. 

They played for a good 2 and a half hours so get in early doors if you're seeing em on this tour - and I'd definitely go see em at Glastonbury if they headline the Other. Which they would absolutely smash to bits :lol:

Have to agree with the above - not a mainline fan but heard enough to be interested. They put on a great show. Spoke with a couple after the gig who have seen them umpteen times over last 25 years who said they always do the same gig with different songs - the wayyoo stuff, bringing people on the stage, lying down whilst playing, everything is rehearsed to the max degree - it gets a bit boring for them and they wish the band would refresh the live act a bit. But they still love them. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Could it be Elbow? 

Ed Sheeran vs Elbow?! Fuck me thats a boring night right there*

Unless you mean Ed Sheeran vs Zlatan Inbrahimovic's elbow, that would get me to watch.

*120 other stages are available, I know that.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 4