Green Day

504329lt

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I've just contacted the Bristol post and asked them to stop writing bullshit about efestivals.

I'm getting really fucking annoyed at the bullshit about efestivals the somerset papers are publishing.

Legend.

I really can't stand the BristolPost. Back in the day it wasn't so bad, but nowadays it's nothing but clickbait (notice how the article titles never mention a band name, it's always 'could THIS band headline Glastonbury') and an absolute glorification of the tabloids. Read the comments section and it's basically the Daily Mail.

Genuinely makes me angry, and there's no sizeable competitor which makes things worse.

Oh, and you'd better have an ad blocker if you don't want to spend the rest of your day closing windows.

Edited by EamerRed

1 hour ago, EamerRed said:

Legend.

I really can't stand the BristolPost. Back in the day it wasn't so bad, but nowadays it's nothing but clickbait (notice how the article titles never mention a band name, it's always 'could THIS band headline Glastonbury') and an absolute glorification of the tabloids. Read the comments section and it's basically the Daily Mail.

Genuinely makes me angry, and there's no sizeable competitor which makes things worse.

Oh, and you'd better have an ad blocker if you don't want to spend the rest of your day closing windows.

Its all local on-line local papers it seems :(

The more news is available 24/7 and by so many more means than before, the less reliable it seems to become. Difficult to believe anything these days, but I do hope for Green Day as live they are fun, entertaining and Revolution Radio is much better than Unos... etc (Still a bit Green Day-by-numbers tho)

19 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The more news is available 24/7 and by so many more means than before, the less reliable it seems to become.

it's not the greater availability of news that's responsible for that, but the loss of income streams.

For example, everyone used to have to have to pay for a paper copy of a newspaper if they wanted to keep up with the news in some detail, but nowadays it's all available for nowt with a few clicks - which means the income stream that paper once had from sales has dried up, and the ad income they get from online readers doesn't get close to replacing what they've lost

And the result is fewer &/or less competent/time-enabled staff, and so a poorer job of reporting the news.

And the ad income continues to fall - just in case you weren't aware - to the extent that it's now also cutting into revenues for businesses that were formed as online-only, such as this one. Scott has moved on from here for more reasons than only him wanting to branch out into running his own business (tho him wanting to do that is a nice result for the guy who had to tell him he could no longer be afforded. I'd feel dreadful if I'd booted him onto the dole).

Over the last few years, whenever Green Day have come up in conversation on this forum, it's been quickly shut down and they've been branded "not Glastonbury" or "not good enough". 

I've accepted this as gospel. Trusting what I've read on here from those with excellent Glasto/music knowledge.

Let's be honest for a second. Green Day are HUGE and they would take the piss. They could headline Pyramid and it'd be up there with one of the most fun, energetic, technically superb performances ever to grace that stage. Even for those who only know 'a few' tunes 

Part of my mind is convinced they're gonna be announced. I've only been to 4 Glasto's, but if they are announced, I will feel like the luckiest man on earth to have seen a handful of my favourite bands of ALL time, at arguably my favourite place on earth.

If they clash with Radiohead, however, I may as well stay at home and turn to meth and crack. Don't do this, Emily.

Edited by Stokesy10

I've just saw Green Day play in Poland a few weeks ago - they were amazing! 

Got loads of people up on stage to sing/stage dive and Billie Joe even got someone up to play guitar and then told the guy he could keep it!

They had water jets to squirt the crowd with stopping them from getting their phones out and actually just enjoy the show and there was a "F**K Trump" chant just before American Idiot.

It was awesome and I'd love to see them do Glasto. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bekah551 said:

I've just saw Green Day play in Poland a few weeks ago - they were amazing! 

Got loads of people up on stage to sing/stage dive and Billie Joe even got someone up to play guitar and then told the guy he could keep it!

They had water jets to squirt the crowd with stopping them from getting their phones out and actually just enjoy the show and there was a "F**K Trump" chant just before American Idiot.

It was awesome and I'd love to see them do Glasto. 

If this happens I don't think it'll be announced until extremely late, I think the poster will come out with a special guest on it....even then people would just suspect it was them as there is no reason for that tag with anyone else.

This possibility has me insanely excited!! I was a massive Green Day fan during my teenage years, and still count a couple of their tracks amongst my favourites.

Will be absolutely gutted if they clash with Ed though, as I know he doesn't get much love around here but he's somebody else I was quite looking forward to seeing...Green Day would win hands down though.

45 minutes ago, Kalcius said:

This possibility has me insanely excited!! I was a massive Green Day fan during my teenage years, and still count a couple of their tracks amongst my favourites.

Will be absolutely gutted if they clash with Ed though, as I know he doesn't get much love around here but he's somebody else I was quite looking forward to seeing...Green Day would win hands down though.

If they are it's more than likely. Ed does make a lot of sense for Sat given that Foo's need the Saturday allowance time more, Sunday would be very hard to do a 2.5hr set and still fit even 7 acts it, they would be adjusting to 6 acts and 3rd down would become DiRo, I don't see that. The only way to explain why KC would be a sub is if this was chosen to happen.

I don't see it though as although Metallica were booked for Other, GD are way more radio friendly and would appeal to the masses more. I wouldn't normally choose to see GD again now and would reluctantly have to pass but I think you would have people that far back it would overflow into peoples camping spaces as I don't see anyone really anywhere bar Ed or GD.

Edited by thewayiam
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, thewayiam said:

If they are it's more than likely. Ed does make a lot of sense for Sat given that Foo's need the Saturday allowance time more, Sunday would be very hard to do a 2.5hr set and still fit even 7 acts it, they would be adjusting to 6 acts and 3rd down would become DiRo, I don't see that. The only way to explain why KC would be a sub is if this was chosen to happen.

I don't see it though as although Metallica were booked for Other, GD are way more radio friendly and would appeal to the masses more. I wouldn't normally choose to see GD again now and would reluctantly have to pass but I think you would have people that far back it would overflow into peoples camping spaces as I don't see anyone really anywhere bar Ed or GD.

You don't think anyone on site would want to miss Ed Sheeran and Green Day...?

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Personally I'll be far away from both

Maybe but the general thousands elsewhere, not just a dozen on here that in all fairness are far removed from the masses who don't come on here won't be.

Everyone can like what they do but in general this board can be quite a niche fan market and head heavily to a certain area of music (6 Music).

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Maybe but the general thousands elsewhere, not just a dozen on here that in all fairness are far removed from the masses who don't come on here won't be.

What, so the 99.5% of Glasto goers who don't lurk here are just 'the masses' who slavishly only watch the big names?