Green Day

504329lt

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I know but they're shit midweek dates and I'll have no holiday left :(

I have about 3 or 4 bands who are still active that I need to see before they retire/I die! Green Day are the very, very top of that list. 

Diarrhoea and Vomiting to the rescue, my friend!

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

I thought it was Metallica who were definitely penciled in last minute to replace Prince as they were in the country already scheduled to be an exclusive to Sonisphere.

Here was Sonisphere's statement on the matter:

This was in May. And Kasabian were already on the lineup at this point?

The original plan, so I heard, was Kasabian and Prince on Sunday, and someone else (F.Mac?) on the Saturday.

Quite early on (before xmas), Prince was moved to Saturday and Kasabian were bumped up for Sunday.

Then Prince didn't come thru, and Metallica were moved from Other headliner to Saturday Pyramid headliner.

Got it? Hopefully that one is clear enough. :)

10 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I have about 3 or 4 bands who are still active that I need to see before they retire/I die! Green Day are the very, very top of that list. 

Keep an eye out, venues often quietly release extra tickets on the day of the event. The ones that promoters, media etc no longer need or want. 

10 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

BST hyde park is still on sale I think, on Saturday 1 July? If not stubhub have tickets for face value.

34 minutes ago, across97 said:

BST hyde park is still on sale I think, on Saturday 1 July? If not stubhub have tickets for face value.

Yeh I looked at this one, the Mrs gave me the sad face when I suggested going there for the first weekend back after Glasto :/ I'd be pretty broke as well and need to travel down from the Midlands. It's probably my only option though as I can't afford any of the ones this side G Glasto, savings and events coming out of my arse this year with house and wedding. I need a new job!

I've only seen them twice, 2005 at MK Bowl & whatever tour was after that. Enjoyed them very much but the constant "Way-ooh" mularky can get a bit tiresome.

MK was a cracking day out, snuck some tents into the carpark the night before which annoyed security no end when they spotted us and several others the next day. Everyone just flat out refused to move. Roasting hot day of 2010 proportions and a great gig at the end of it. I think the day that made the Bullet in the Bible CD/DVD was the following night but they did put some of if out on Radio One a week or so later which I had on tape :o.

So... really hoping this comes off but am highly sceptical.

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I've only seen them twice, 2005 at MK Bowl & whatever tour was after that. Enjoyed them very much but the constant "Way-ooh" mularky can get a bit tiresome.

MK was a cracking day out, snuck some tents into the carpark the night before which annoyed security no end when they spotted us and several others the next day. Everyone just flat out refused to move. Roasting hot day of 2010 proportions and a great gig at the end of it. I think the day that made the Bullet in the Bible CD/DVD was the following night but they did put some of if out on Radio One a week or so later which I had on tape :o.

So... really hoping this comes off but am highly sceptical.

Bullet in the Bible was one of my most watched DVD's when it came out! Every time I was going out I'd stick it on while having a few pre-drinks. 

Got Awesome as F**k! but it wasn't quite as good. Think I only ever watched it the once. 

I saw them in 2005 for their American Idiot tour (to date, still one of the best gigs I've ever been to) and then in 2009 and 2010 for their 21st Century Breakdown tour.

Did they ever tour Uno, Dos, Tres! over here? Might have been when Billie Joe had his breakdown.

Just now, Muppetmark said:

Only emirates stadium, reading and Leeds festivals and a warm up gig at brixton academy.  

They've binned the whole trilogy from their setlists now 

That's probably why it went by me. Mind you, I'm a Green Day fan but after Uno I didn't pay attention to the rest. Thankfully they're back on form now.

8 minutes ago, hannahlmoore said:

For anyone who's seen them before, do they tend to play a lot old stuff? (Dookie / Insominic / Kerplunk era). Just listening now and being instantly transported back to my school days :)

Yes, generally.

You can always tell when you will get "Basket case" or "When I come around" cos the Blue Strat with BJ on it makes an appearance 

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've just contacted the Bristol post and asked them to stop writing bullshit about efestivals.

I'm getting really fucking annoyed at the bullshit about efestivals the somerset papers are publishing.

Would just about to post the link on this forum. They really don't do enough research do they?

Clickbait though I suppose. Sure there'll be the first of many to get their facts incorrect

3 minutes ago, across97 said:

Would just about to post the link on this forum. They really don't do enough research do they?

Clickbait though I suppose. Sure there'll be the first of many to get their facts incorrect

they can make up whatever bollocks they think is worthwhile fake news, but they can fuck off bringing efestivals into it.

Edited by eFestivals

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they can make up whatever bollocks they think is worthwhile fake news, but they can fuck off bringing efestivals into it.

Neil, if you ever stumble across a piece of information regarding the lineup and you release it on here, do you ever get contacted by annoyed members of GFL who would rather it be kept under wraps or are they cool with you sharing?

2 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Neil, if you ever stumble across a piece of information regarding the lineup and you release it on here, do you ever get contacted by annoyed members of GFL who would rather it be kept under wraps or are they cool with you sharing?

I'm sure they get annoyed with wrong stuff (particularly when some places make a bigger deal of it than we make here, as happened with the Roses & Daft Punk stuff a few months ago), but the only time they've asked about something - when I got sent a spreadsheet of the line-up - they wanted to know where it had come from (which I didn't know) and how I'd managed to verify it as genuine (which I didn't explicitly tell them).

Overall, I think they see it as a bit of a game, with them trying to keep stuff under wraps and the likes of me trying to dig it up.

They've never expressed any displeasure to me about any of it, and have been happy to tell me stuff themselves on occasions.

30 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

they've amended the title, but not the text which is still bullshit.

I'm guessing the writer can't take it down without revealing to his boss he's faked stuff, and can't amend it too much else it's meaningless.

If it's still the same in a little while, it won't be the writer of the article I contact it'll be the ed, who will get the nth degree about how utterly shit his "journalists" are.