Green Day

504329lt

14 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Think Fleetwood Mac & Depeche Mode were both quite heavily rumoured in 2014.

Yeah I feel like I remember this one.

Wasn't it meant to be D. Mode, F. Mac and Prince, and then Arcade Fire replaced the Mode when they cancelled their 2014 festivals, Mac things fell through due to illness so Prince shimmied over to Saturday and Kasabian stepped up one from Sunday sub, and then Metallica jumped up a stage when Prince left the proceedings?

Sounds bonkers when you read it back.

edit: I remember Elbow were somewhere in this too. And maybe the Eagles. :wacko:

Edited by dentalplan

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

From memory, I'm pretty sure it was Prince, who was initially pencilled in for the Sunday - tho (from what I heard) he was swapped to Saturday quite early in the booking process (before xmas), presumably because the fest didn't get who they originally wanted (can't remember who, if I ever knew) for the Saturday, and Kasabian were already signed and sealed and suitable for Sunday headlining (which Metallica probably weren't considered suitable for - michael hates getting his ear bent by the locals).

Kasabian were originally playing Saturday? Maybe lead to the confusion with the official merch... 

Kasabian-Glastonbury-Live-T-Shirt-500x50

:lol:

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I feel like I remember this one.

Wasn't it meant to be D. Mode, F. Mac and Prince, and then Arcade Fire replaced the Mode when they cancelled their 2014 festivals, Mac things fell through due to illness so Prince shimmied over to Saturday and Kasabian stepped up one from Sunday sub, and then Metallica jumped up a stage when Prince left the proceedings?

Sounds bonkers when you read it back.

edit: I remember Elbow were somewhere in this too. And maybe the Eagles. :wacko:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/13/130705e.shtml

Looking back I imagine Elbow were one of the backup headliners more than anything. I'm sure The Eagles were SR for Sunday for ages and for some reason were being talked about as a Sunday sub.

I would love to see Green Day play. I was never a fan, I grew to like them through years of listening to my younger brother playing their music (on cd and singing with his guitar) through my bedroom wall.  Good Riddance is one of my favourite songs.

Was just thinking I wouldn't mind finally seeing Green Day, but their tour is sold out. Then came on here and saw this thread!

American Idiot is the only album I know well, but they've got plenty of other songs I would enjoy. Would be a great booking.

Edited by Lubic87

OK. I cannot handle this for shit. 

They are one of my favourite bands of all time and I've conceded that I'll never get to see them (failed getting tickets for their UK gig this year).

I personally can't see this happening. However. Now you fuckers have put it out there, and Neil has had this info, the seed has been well and truly planted.

If this happens, words cannot describe to you what this would mean to me or how happy I'd be.

If they clash with Radiohead, I will be on suicide watch.

For fuck sake.

9 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

They are one of my favourite bands of all time and I've conceded that I'll never get to see them (failed getting tickets for their UK gig this year).

They still have two UK shows on sale.

Yeah they would put on a good show at Glasto, you're right there. Would be like The Hives but with songs people know and a ladder.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They still have two UK shows on sale.

Yeah they would put on a good show at Glasto, you're right there. Would be like The Hives but with songs people know and a ladder.

I know but they're shit midweek dates and I'll have no holiday left :(

I have about 3 or 4 bands who are still active that I need to see before they retire/I die! Green Day are the very, very top of that list. 

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I have about 3 or 4 bands who are still active that I need to see before they retire/I die! Green Day are the very, very top of that list. 

Probably don't have to worry about them retiring when they seem to be putting across the image that they haven't finished school yet.

7 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

How old are you?  How have you not seen them? They were constantly active til about 2009.

I grew up on green day. Im going to see them again next monday as a nostagia trip... seen them 6 another times. Manchester apollo when nimrod came out was one of my first ever gigs. Scary thing is, its nearly 20 years ago.

Can't day I have listened to them much in the last 7/8 years, but I will dig out Kerplunk, Dookie, Nimrod and Insomniac in the week.

18 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

How old are you?  How have you not seen them? They were constantly active til about 2009.

I grew up on green day. Im going to see them again next monday as a nostagia trip... seen them 6 another times. Manchester apollo when nimrod came out was one of my first ever gigs. Scary thing is, its nearly 20 years ago.

Can't day I have listened to them much in the last 7/8 years, but I will dig out Kerplunk, Dookie, Nimrod and Insomniac in the week.

I'm 31. I know, I know. It's a disgrace how I haven't. Whenever they've been in the UK there has just been something in the way/no funds.

Warning is my favourite album, can't really pick between Dookie/Nimrod. Absolutely love American Idiot too. 21st Century has got some decent tunes on but can't say I've sat down and listened properly to anything they've brought out since (although I've heard bits I've liked!).

I bet that Apollo gig was immense! 

7 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'm 31. I know, I know. It's a disgrace how I haven't. Whenever they've been in the UK there has just been something in the way/no funds.

Warning is my favourite album, can't really pick between Dookie/Nimrod. Absolutely love American Idiot too. 21st Century has got some decent tunes on but can't say I've sat down and listened properly to anything they've brought out since (although I've heard bits I've liked!).

I bet that Apollo gig was immense! 

Yeah it was. It was my second gig with my mates after Oasis @ the G Mex.

I saw them at V98 (first festival, my dad took me), Warning tour, American Idiot tour, 21st Century tour & I got a freebie from a mate to see them at Old Trafford. 

Next Monday is a just for nostalgia really. 

16 hours ago, eFestivals said:

From memory, I'm pretty sure it was Prince, who was initially pencilled in for the Sunday - tho (from what I heard) he was swapped to Saturday quite early in the booking process (before xmas), presumably because the fest didn't get who they originally wanted (can't remember who, if I ever knew) for the Saturday, and Kasabian were already signed and sealed and suitable for Sunday headlining (which Metallica probably weren't considered suitable for - michael hates getting his ear bent by the locals).

I thought it was Metallica who were definitely penciled in last minute to replace Prince as they were in the country already scheduled to be an exclusive to Sonisphere.

Here was Sonisphere's statement on the matter:

"No doubt you have all heard the news today that Metallica are to appear at this year's Glastonbury Festival. It was only last week that the band were officially asked to headline the legendary Pyramid Stage and, in turn, they immediately asked Team Sonisphere what we thought about releasing them from their exclusive appearance at Sonisphere."

"Glastonbury is an institution and the pinnacle of performance for any artist in the UK and we know the band will be amazing!"

This was in May. And Kasabian were already on the lineup at this point?

6 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

I thought it was Metallica who were definitely penciled in last minute to replace Prince as they were in the country already scheduled to be an exclusive to Sonisphere.

Here was Sonisphere's statement on the matter:

This was in May. And Kasabian were already on the lineup at this point?

IIRC Metallica was placera on the rumour page as SR for otheratage well before that

Surprised but happy at all of the Green Day love on here. I literally couldn't care for music at all back in 2004/5ish, not one bit, I was only 13, and I remember seeing them play American Idiot live on TV, and it's literally the reason I picked up a guitar and got into music as a whole. I can remember it so vividly it's bizarre. I prefer their pre-American Idiot stuff now but still, I'm another one who would be over the moon if this was true.