Green Day

504329lt

2 minutes ago, craigb said:

That was originally a goer! Was to do with Prince pulling the plug when it got leaked. See latest emily/michael interview.

Got a link?

Just now, kaymh80 said:

If this is true, and Foo's are headlining pyramid...this is a clash I cannot deal with!

The info is that they would go opposite Sheeran - they'd never put Green Day against Foos.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Got a link?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jan/20/michael-emily-eavis-the-variety-bazaar-glastonbury-festival

Prince – why did it never happen?

Michael: We got very close several times.

Emily: He was actually confirmed to do it two years before he died, but unfortunately he pulled out after it was leaked that he was playing. And then we were actually really close again last year. We were told that he really wanted to do it. It’s such a pity that he never did.

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Metallica headlining Other. Muse playing lower down the bill. Radiohead on before Adele. Can't help but feel this will be another to add to that list, although I'd love to be proven wrong as it'd be a huge booking on Glastonbury's behalf. 

I can't remember the Muse thing, but the RH thing was purely about where on the bill they'd be if they were playing - and in the circumstances of that consideration being made, before Adele was the only possible possibility. That's not really of relevance to anything else.

That aside, I know with 100% certainty that the plan was for Metallica to headline the Other.

And I know with absolute certainty that Glasto book acts as 'backup headliners', to move into a headliner slot if the first plan doesn't come together. Kasabian headlined via that basis, as Metallica did too.

Meanwhile, Green Day have announced one festie show in the UK so far, and it's not been claimed as an exclusive (while the other shows at the same festie have been). 

I don't know with any certainty about whether Green Day are doing Glasto, but right now there's definitely not anything of decent substance to rule out what was mailed to me.

12 minutes ago, kaymh80 said:

If this is true, and Foo's are headlining pyramid...this is a clash I cannot deal with!

what I was told for Green Day is that they'd play at the same time as Ed.

If the Green Day info is kosher - I have no idea either way - then they can only do Sunday, which means I have Ed and Foos on the wrong days (which I've always made clear was a guess and not info).

7 minutes ago, craigb said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jan/20/michael-emily-eavis-the-variety-bazaar-glastonbury-festival

Prince – why did it never happen?

Michael: We got very close several times.

Emily: He was actually confirmed to do it two years before he died, but unfortunately he pulled out after it was leaked that he was playing. And then we were actually really close again last year. We were told that he really wanted to do it. It’s such a pity that he never did.

Hmm I'd assumed that was about '15 but I guess that's what the 'close again last year' bit is referencing.

Guess anything is possible, and Green Day are never gonna be booked to headline the Pyramid so if they want to play so badly then Other it is for them. Suppose one of these seemingly outlandish rumours has got to come true sooner or later!

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Muse playing lower down the bill.  

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I can't remember the Muse thing

I think Muse playing low down a line up was for Bestival not Glastonbury? 
Came from an interview with Matt when he was watching the snooker! 

1 minute ago, craigb said:

I think Muse playing low down a line up was for Bestival not Glastonbury? 
Came from an interview with Matt when he was watching the snooker! 

I think it came up concerning Glastonbury when we were all fixed on Radiohead being there last year, although yeah it was also a thing for Bestival in '15. 

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

what I was told for Green Day is that they'd play at the same time as Ed.

If the Green Day info is kosher - I have no idea either way - then they can only do Sunday, which means I have Ed and Foos on the wrong days (which I've always made clear was a guess and not info).

This makes things much easier then. It would be one hell of a clash if not! Lets just hope it is kosher now...

16 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Though the realist in me just can't see it happening. I just can't see Green Day doing things by halves and the fact they're in Germany the night before is surely a push getting themselves and the stage set-up sorted in time. 

there's much less kit to move between locations for a festie show than a band show, and others have come from Germany to do Glasto the next day.

That sort of journey/schedule probably wouldn't be something a band of that size would do for their own shows, but they can control the dates to a much greater extent with their own shows. With festivals the festival dictates the schedule.

I can definitely see it happening, but whether it actually happens is another thing.

Just now, eFestivals said:

there's much less kit to move between locations for a festie show than a band show, and others have come from Germany to do Glasto the next day.

That sort of journey/schedule probably wouldn't be something a band of that size would do for their own shows, but they can control the dates to a much greater extent with their own shows. With festivals the festival dictates the schedule.

I can definitely see it happening, but whether it actually happens is another thing.

Don't get me wrong, I very much want it to happen. I'm just finding ways to justify not getting my hopes up haha

49 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

And I know with absolute certainty that Glasto book acts as 'backup headliners', to move into a headliner slot if the first plan doesn't come together. Kasabian headlined via that basis, as Metallica did too.

Who did Kasabian replace?

• Upvote 1

Just now, nikkic said:

Who did Kasabian replace?

From memory, I'm pretty sure it was Prince, who was initially pencilled in for the Sunday - tho (from what I heard) he was swapped to Saturday quite early in the booking process (before xmas), presumably because the fest didn't get who they originally wanted (can't remember who, if I ever knew) for the Saturday, and Kasabian were already signed and sealed and suitable for Sunday headlining (which Metallica probably weren't considered suitable for - michael hates getting his ear bent by the locals).

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

From memory, I'm pretty sure it was Prince, who was initially pencilled in for the Sunday - tho (from what I heard) he was swapped to Saturday quite early in the booking process (before xmas), presumably because the fest didn't get who they originally wanted (can't remember who, if I ever knew) for the Saturday, and Kasabian were already signed and sealed and suitable for Sunday headlining (which Metallica probably weren't considered suitable for - michael hates getting his ear bent by the locals).

Think Fleetwood Mac & Depeche Mode were both quite heavily rumoured in 2014.