2017 Any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

6 hours ago, mattrik3 said:

My first year this year, cant wait.

1. We're travelling down from Edinburgh on the train and getting the shuttle bus from the station. The buses don't start until 10am I believe, does anyone know if there will be much of a wait to get on a bus?

2. How far of a walk is it from where the shuttle bus drops you to the general campsite?

3. How extreme are the searches going into the campsite?

4. I'm sure I read you can take sealed bottles of water in with you to the arena, is this true?

5. How many stages/tents are there?

6. What sort of age is the crowd? I'm 30

Thanks in advance

never got the bus so can't help with 1 or 2. 

3. sniffer dogs and quick check for glass

4. yep water ok

5. last year there was, main stage, calling out, chai wallahs, tim peaks, woodland, the other woodland one which name escapes me, house party, glow tent, that cider tower thing, riot jazz, comedy, the jaagarmeister tent & the cinema, unless I've omitted one?

6. all ages really, youths from 15-22, families and 30/40(+'s) somethings 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/01/2017 at 3:59 PM, ramragon said:

We've used train and shuttle bus the last couple of years and never waited long in fact both times we've got straight on. It's about a 10 min drive away the thing that took the time last year were the drug s arches dogs on bus then dogs checking bags off bus took ages. They drop you at the same place as everyone else to que.Then it's prob a 15/20 min walk to campsite ( well that's me walking to oldies camping ) xx

8 minutes ago, seano1988 said:

I've been to KC once before but i stayed in the Emporer's fields so was basically right next to the car. This year i'm coming in with the peasants in the regular fields :lol: How far is the car park from the shire part of the campsite?

if you saw the main camp entrance last year at the top of the hill it is about the same on the other side (though uphill this time!) it then depends on what car parking space you're (un)lucky enough to get. only year we went in main camping we were there early doors on the thursday (before they had thursday acts) so got a decent space maybe 150 yards away however we spoke to people who arrived later the next day who ended up a fair whack away.

16 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

if you saw the main camp entrance last year at the top of the hill it is about the same on the other side (though uphill this time!) it then depends on what car parking space you're (un)lucky enough to get. only year we went in main camping we were there early doors on the thursday (before they had thursday acts) so got a decent space maybe 150 yards away however we spoke to people who arrived later the next day who ended up a fair whack away.

I didn't see it. I'll be getting there early on the thursday so should get a decent spot. Would you say less than half hour walk? I went to leeds a couple of year ago and it was a good 45 minute walk through the mud, not ideal!

43 minutes ago, seano1988 said:

I didn't see it. I'll be getting there early on the thursday so should get a decent spot. Would you say less than half hour walk? I went to leeds a couple of year ago and it was a good 45 minute walk through the mud, not ideal!

It really depends where they park the cars in the car park but if you're early and your heading to general camping the 5 to 10 minutes tops. That doesn't include queueing time mind ! 

In 30 minutes you could walk from the furthest away car park to the furthest away camp spot and still have time to spare. 

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

advice GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!!!

There's fewer than 900 left, and they're expected to sell out before the weekend is over.

That's good going considering they sold out a week before last year. I still wouldn't put it past them releasing another batch and increasing the capacity a bit. They've got a licence to 35000 and they've got 6 months to come up with a plan on how to rejig the camp areas and arena to accommodate another 2 or 3000 if they wanted to increase capacity a  little bit.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

advice GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!!!

There's fewer than 900 left, and they're expected to sell out before the weekend is over.

We had said we couldn't afford it this year, but after the mail saying only 900 left we took the plunge :lol: Very excited though!

Thanks for this thread. Very helpful. This will be my first year and I have a question. 

I have booked weekend tickets but didn't realise there was music on the Thursday. Will that be big acts? With a major headliner?

Also will I be able to add Thursday tickets to my existing order? Going with young kids so if that reduces waiting time to get in will be worth it!

thank you. 

48 minutes ago, Cabaret_Tent said:

Thanks for this thread. Very helpful. This will be my first year and I have a question. 

I have booked weekend tickets but didn't realise there was music on the Thursday. Will that be big acts? With a major headliner?

Also will I be able to add Thursday tickets to my existing order? Going with young kids so if that reduces waiting time to get in will be worth it!

thank you. 

The Thursday headliner is Franz Ferdinand  (plus a couple of others)...if there are any Thursday tickets left you can phone Ticketline customer services with your customer reference number and they can be added (you'll still have to pay the booking fee but no extra delivery fee).

Edited by Mr_Grump
Typo

1 hour ago, Drfoxxx said:

Thank you! My mate changed her bank card and didn't update, so lost our live in vechile passes! Nightmare 

I changed mine (due to my old card being lost) but I got an email from Ticketline saying that the payment plan payment had failed...get her to contact them and ask why she wasn't advised that payment had failed...they should have contacted her.

7 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

I changed mine (due to my old card being lost) but I got an email from Ticketline saying that the payment plan payment had failed...get her to contact them and ask why she wasn't advised that payment had failed...they should have contacted her.

Thanks, appreciate your help. How likely is it do you think we are going to get a live in vehicle ticket if we only found out today about the tickets being cancelled? My friends had a nightmare haha

Like Mr Grump says, give them a call and fight your corner. If youve made some payments towards the live in ticket then speak to them nd try and resolve it, they don't resell unsold tickets until June and you'll pay a lot less from ticketline than you will from eBay or a 2nd hand seller