Royal Blood

Warbler

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2 February 2017 at 10:56 PM, dentalplan said:

I dunno really. They were devastatingly huge on the last release and it was speculated that this next album would be the kingmaker type deal where they became a properly massive band, so could sub Glasto on their way to headlining festivals. But as it goes they're announcing festivals and shows with no news on forthcoming albums or songs or anything so it's hard to gauge. They could be playing the long game like The 1975 are doing or going massive then going immediately home like The Fratellis.

Please dont mention The 1975 on a Royal Blood thread.....in fact please do not mention The 1975 at all.....walked past them when they last played Glastonbury and I'm still not over it, that's the stuff of nightmares 

Have been giving Royal Blood's position on the line-up some thought today and I just can't see them subbing the Pyramid, despite it slotting together perfectly with the Foo Fighters' anticipated appearance.

If you compare them to other Pyramid subs in recent years they really don't compare both in terms of backcatalogue and the size of venues they've been playing (though of course they will marginally increase on any upcoming tour). They would stick out like a sore thumb in that regard. I'm a huge fan of theirs but I just can't see it.

I can't tell if them headlining Eden Sessions bodes well or not for them position-wise as the headliners for it vary in size quite a bit, although I'd find it odd if they played third down considering R/L already gave them that position two years ago. Maybe a third down slot at Glastonbury is more prestigious than that, and I could see them possibly taking this third down Friday rock slot that I've made up if the likes of Iggy are a no-go for it.

ATCQ > Royal Blood > The xx > Radiohead could work

Although that said, still think they're gonna be a sub, whether it be Pyramid or Other

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

And what? AND WHAT?!

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Royal Blood are more interesting than Iggy Pop in my opinion just to counter yours and 

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-eeeeeeeeeeeee-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII will always love YOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

3 minutes ago, Warbler said:

Interesting, what do we make of this ? TDCC did the same last year 

I'd presume Thursday at the Eden project, Friday at Glastonbury, Saturday at the festival near Hamburg, and Sunday at the Bavarian one. Four gigs in four days is hard work but it's not like there's huge screens/rigs and all that palaver to shift around, they've got a nice simple set-up. Hard weekend's work though!