Royal Blood

Warbler

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mungo57 said:

will second the calls to see these play.

Saw them at the electric ballroom and they were shit hot. So loud for just the 2 of them.

I was at that gig, got to the space just in front of the stairs on the left, stood there with my mouth open for large portions of it wondering how the 2 of them were making the sound they were.  Fantastic gig.

Edited by Greenelk

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Can see them subbing the Other stage on the Friday under a more electronic act but still getting a similar length set, similar to Ben Howard and Paolo Nutini in the last few years.

Nutini only got the standard 1 hour sub Other stage length.

To be fair with the loudness etc and riffs from Royal Blood if they had that slot....I can think of the perfect electronic/dance act to close after them, don't think I need to say again though.....but it does fit. For me, PSB to follow them would be strange though.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Nutini only got the standard 1 hour sub Other stage length.

To be fair with the loudness etc and riffs from Royal Blood if they had that slot....I can think of the perfect electronic/dance act to close after them, don't think I need to say again though.....but it does fit. For me, PSB to follow them would be strange though.

Ah right, he was a big sub though and arguably big enough to headline it at the time which I'd say is similar for Royal Blood. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Ah right, he was a big sub though and arguably big enough to headline it at the time which I'd say is similar for Royal Blood. 

I think it's a not quite, if we knew the success etc of a new album then I may say different. Paulo was much the same for me.

Not sure what it is with RB, I don't dislike them but past a couple of songs I don't see much to jump about. I would miss them easily over something I actually liked.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Can see them subbing the Other stage on the Friday under a more electronic act but still getting a similar length set, similar to Ben Howard and Paolo Nutini in the last few years.

Yeah I think it's possible. Also would have thought them headlining Other would be possible but it seems there's more of a Radiohead crossover than I'd expected before.

Current prediction - other than a riot before Foo Fighters :P - is that they sub Radiohead. Still don't think The xx are prepared for sundown on the Pyramid despite the collective will of eFests and if Elbow need to go somewhere they can open the Other. 

Only see Royal B playing Friday either way, to soak up the weekend afterwards or jet off to another festival. Don't see a lot of point in them hanging around for Foo Fighters day or something despite being able to get a gig in this country on their own - they'd have just arranged the gig for Monday like w/ Peej, right?

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I think it's possible. Also would have thought them headlining Other would be possible but it seems there's more of a Radiohead crossover than I'd expected before.

Current prediction - other than a riot before Foo Fighters :P - is that they sub Radiohead. Still don't think The xx are prepared for sundown on the Pyramid despite the collective will of eFests and if Elbow need to go somewhere they can open the Other. 

Only see Royal B playing Friday either way, to soak up the weekend afterwards or jet off to another festival. Don't see a lot of point in them hanging around for Foo Fighters day or something despite being able to get a gig in this country on their own - they'd have just arranged the gig for Monday like w/ Peej, right?

Im expecting Royal Blood Saturday for some reason.

Id be very happy if they sub Radiohead. Ill get my spot and wont be moving from when they get on to chuckin out time.

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Them subbing Radiohead just seems strange to me, not sure why. Not ruling it out but I see The xx or Bon Iver as more likely, though I'm not as confident on Bon Iver playing these days. We seem to have cut down on all the Pyramid sub options we had a couple of months ago with Elbow but seeming likely, alt-J doing the Other stage and Paolo Nutini seemingly not being active again so I guess Royal Blood could end up subbing.

24 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Why?

I think I am in a minority on here who seem to like both.

Same, they're good at what they do and are great live. I actually think they'd work quite well as a Radiohead sub, and I'm starting to lean towards The xx headlining the Other again which would leave the gap for them....

17 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Same, they're good at what they do and are great live. I actually think they'd work quite well as a Radiohead sub, and I'm starting to lean towards The xx headlining the Other again which would leave the gap for them....

I am a sucker for a catchy riff tbh. 

I hope the new album has a different or varied guitar tone though.

Cant say Im a fan of the XX. It looks as though Radiohead will be my only Pyramid headliner. It adds something if you like the sub. 

Faithless - Stevie, Moz - U2 & Jack White (even though he was shit) - Metallica, where better for having a sub I enjoyed & was there for. 

Elbow befire Arcade Fire bored me to death. I didnt bother with any other subs before headliners.

Just now, Brave Sir Robin said:

They're not sub level yet are they? Subbing Other or 3rd/4th down on Pyramid I reckon.

I dunno really. They were devastatingly huge on the last release and it was speculated that this next album would be the kingmaker type deal where they became a properly massive band, so could sub Glasto on their way to headlining festivals. But as it goes they're announcing festivals and shows with no news on forthcoming albums or songs or anything so it's hard to gauge. They could be playing the long game like The 1975 are doing or going massive then going immediately home like The Fratellis.