Royal Blood

Warbler

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I'd guess a smaller tour in the run up to the album or around then then 4-5 arena dates later in the year/early next year. I'm sure they'll move onto arenas anyway but would be a big call to announce them right away.

Yeah can't be done really. They've only just reemerged. Think it'll work out the same as Foals - academies in autumn, arenas in winter, headline Reading next summer. Something along those lines anyway.

32 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

Great first half of the song and then breaks down into a samey solo which ruins it for me. Promising but potential to let down.... However what else were we expecting them to bring out?!

This basically! Starts decent enough with some good riffs then just sounds like any other rock band loitering around not knowing what to do with the rest of the song.

For me if they headline in anyway then Kendrick won't.

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I liked the video...

I've actually just listened to Where are you now?, it's the most blatant rip off of Black Sabbath Paranoid.

I've just gone and listened to Little Monster, Out of the Back and Come on over which I think are the strongest attributes of the debut album and this doesn't come close.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah can't be done really. They've only just reemerged. Think it'll work out the same as Foals - academies in autumn, arenas in winter, headline Reading next summer. Something along those lines anyway.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking too. I'm guessing they've not done an alt-J/The 1975 and turned you into a fan with this new one?

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking too. I'm guessing they've not done an alt-J/The 1975 and turned you into a fan with this new one?

No. I don't hate their songs but I don't give a shit anymore either. All just makes me think of a bass-driven Band of Skulls which isn't very exciting a prospect in any case.

The song plugs along okay but I turned off during the wah solo/"YEAHHHH" thing. The video carries on the Muse-lite aesthetic as well which always makes me feel I shouldn't be giving the time of day to them. Did you see the new alt-J video tho? :ninja:

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No. I don't hate their songs but I don't give a shit anymore either. All just makes me think of a bass-driven Band of Skulls which isn't very exciting a prospect in any case.

The song plugs along okay but I turned off during the wah solo/"YEAHHHH" thing. The video carries on the Muse-lite aesthetic as well which always makes me feel I shouldn't be giving the time of day to them. Did you see the new alt-J video tho? :ninja:

I feel the same way about them, I listened to the album again a couple of months ago and felt nothing, I mean I'd see them if there's nothing on but it's Friday night so there's always something else. 

I saw it was about six and a half minutes long but haven't sat down to watch it yet. I know you're not really that excited for Foo's so at this rate I'm expecting you to be front row for Gus (Not even going to try and remember his full name) and the lads.

Edited by kingcrawler

18 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I feel the same way about them, I listened to the album again a couple of months ago and felt nothing, I mean I'd see them if there's nothing on but it's Friday night so there's always something else. 

I saw it was about six and a half minutes long but haven't sat down to watch it yet. I know you're not really that excited for Foo's so at this rate I'm expecting you to be front row for Gus (Not even going to try and remember his full name) and the lads.

Yeah I could watch them easily enough at another festival where there ain't much on - I think the songs translate well live - but I'm never missing anything to see them at Glastonbury (again).

Hard no on alt-J bringing out Ellie Rowsell being the best received part of their new tunes. Resigned to seeing Foo Manchu now I'm clinging on the John Peel stage serving something nice up (apres Solange) that I'd have to leave all my pals for after The National.

do yourself a favour, if your after a rock fix, royal blood are ok but check out frank carter and the rattlesnakes set. they will blow your socks off, incendiary live band

Even getting the crowd so into it they almost break their necks......random dude threw himself backwards without looking off the barrier(0.42) even made frank shit himself......nuts haha

Edited by waterfalls212434

49 minutes ago, MikeEssex85 said:

Never heard of Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - Just listened to about 6 of their songs - Great recommendation mate!:D

Instantly like them. Gotta love this site for learning about bands you didn't know. 

you may have heard of the frontman, its frank carter ex frontman of gallows. I was at the exeter gig in the vid above, sold out tour including that date and they tour the place apart,. so much energy-very rare I go to a gig and im smiling ear to ear even when im being battered around in the pit haha, their just so much `fun` id say live cant think of any other word to describe that gig, really a feel good set.....No wonder their next tours booked for venues like brixton etc rather then tiny venues like the above :P

theyve got a few different styles going on as well....from pure heavy tunes like juggernaut

To singalong stuff like wild flowers

I really belive they`ll go down a storm at glastonbury- could be one of the breakout sets everyones talking about like royal blood themselves did on the john peel...... I just hope their not buried way down the lineup on some stage or clashing with someone major and they get a decent crowd

Edited by waterfalls212434

On 13/04/2017 at 9:51 PM, king_oxymoron said:

It could pretty much have been lifted from the first record.. in that sense it's a decent tune, but disappointing in terms of any expected growth..

What growth was you expecting though ? I was having a conversation with workmates during the back end of the first album cycle and my complaint was how do they evolve having only two members and playing rock music, the lead singer ain't no Jack White so they're never gonna be able to grow like the White Stripes did. It's always going to be straight up rock unless they add some session musicians to evolve their sound, the first single back proves that, not impressed at all tbh 

2 hours ago, swede said:

What growth was you expecting though ? I was having a conversation with workmates during the back end of the first album cycle and my complaint was how do they evolve having only two members and playing rock music, the lead singer ain't no Jack White so they're never gonna be able to grow like the White Stripes did. It's always going to be straight up rock unless they add some session musicians to evolve their sound, the first single back proves that, not impressed at all tbh 

They could at least change the riff a little bit though? 

3 minutes ago, swede said:

Couldn't agree more, they couldn't even do that though ! 

Being straight up rock doesn't mean they need to do the same riff everytime. You can wack Come on over/Little Monster on and it's virtually the same riff but with much lesser lyrics. Another song they did before they pretty much searched for the cords for Paranoid....copied it and added in lyrics.

I don't mind them but I think they are massively aware they have no long-term staying power in them.