ramragon

Lesser known band suggestions

Any recommendations from the line up for bands people might not have heard of before ? No doubt closer to the time I'll trawl through YouTube or spotify but does anyone have any initial suggestions

I`m not sure I agree word for word with the dj`s glowing intro but these look like fun and I`ll give them a go...

6 minutes ago, festival fan from fife said:

Has anyone had a listen to the Mexican Morrissey tribute band? Mexrrissey....can imagine after a few or a lot of vodka having a sing along to them :rolleyes:

A friend at work was telling me how good he was earlier this week, he was on stage with calexico on friday

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

A friend at work was telling me how good he was earlier this week, he was on stage with calexico on friday

Yeah they are quite good.

Wouldn't knock them if I was eating in a Mexicans and they wanted to play around my table lol.

looking forward to hearing some new bands again this year. Really enjoyed the woodland stage last year. 

Another vote for Man and The Echo. Heard a few of theirs and like it a lot. hints of The Coral, The Kinks and Britpop. Which sounds better than I describe it.

Sh*t the bed... How have I not heard of Mexrrissey before?!!! That's a definite... best get learning the Mexican version of Suedehead then 

We saw Mexrissey in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and they're very entertaining! 

They've not been announced yet but if The Lottery Winners play the Woodlands stage again then get yourselves over there. They're a very good live band, and funny ! 

White are absolutely sensational - brilliant songs and brilliant live. Living Fiction is one of the best singles of the last few years at least (imo).

Eat Fast sound pretty good too - they've a double A side out just now with Public Display of Affection and Sand Drone.

Anyone ever seen Land of the Giants? Caught them on the KC playlist, they sound like fun. Might be a decent afternoon band

40 minutes ago, sharkey2007 said:

Saw the Shimmer Band supporting Cabbage on Saturday....Tremendous...got to be on the to see list 

From what I've heard they're one on my 'to watch' list...Freedom's a great track

19 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

From what I've heard they're one on my 'to watch' list...Freedom's a great track

100%. Every song has a real quality to it. Brilliant front man as well. 

off to see Sundara Karma over in the north east tonight, supports coming from the Night Cafe and Blaenavon.

I've liked the few songs I've heard by Blaenavon so far and they are on the KC line up so let you know that they are good when I remember to  

54 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

I've liked the few songs I've heard by Blaenavon so far and they are on the KC line up so let you know that they are good when I remember to  

Saw them at Bingley Music Live last year, they put on a good set

On 27/01/2017 at 7:17 AM, Pooly JP said:

Thurlow already mentioned them but i'll second Man and the Echo. 

Sounding ok to me :-)