Lesser known band suggestions

ramragon

On 27/01/2017 at 0:32 AM, festival fan from fife said:

Has anyone had a listen to the Mexican Morrissey tribute band? Mexrrissey....can imagine after a few or a lot of vodka having a sing along to them :rolleyes:

I have now :-)

cada dia es Domingo seemed like the best one to listen to today.

Ill go see these.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been having a listen to the playlists mainly to hear some of the lesser known bands (well to me anyway)

So far i am loving Man &The Echo wont be missing them,Circa Waves will be worth a listen,Very impressed with The shimmer Band,Nothing but Thieves,The Hunna.

This will be my first child free Kendal,so i will be able to spend a lot more time catching new bands and staying out after dark.My previous two years have been main stage based and the kids area with a few visits to the woodlands area so i am very excited for this year 

On 15/02/2017 at 9:54 AM, thurlow84 said:

I've liked the few songs I've heard by Blaenavon so far and they are on the KC line up so let you know that they are good when I remember to  

How were Blaenavon then?

I like the few songs i have heard so far.

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:52 PM, Pooly JP said:

How were Blaenavon then?

I like the few songs i have heard so far.

I liked them but I'm not sure they know what their sound is yet, they flickered between sort of 1975 esc poppy numbers and far heavier songs and solos. they do both quiet well for young lads but I'm not sure the audience they'll be aiming at will be keen on both styles in the set 

Clashes depending i'll go to see them again though, they're a promising up and coming band 

Long time since I've been on here, I must be the oldest one here by now ?

I'm really looking forward to Brix, she's an old pinup of mine, and has the best rhythm section in the business. Old Fall songs with the Hanley boys thundering away, Tim Peaks might be a bit small to contain them. We saw Mexrissey at the Belgrave and he should be great after a session in the real ale tent (as close as I'll ever get to seeing Mozz at Kendal). I like Honeyblood's grungy new album, but I need somebody of the Lovely Eggs / Membranes ilk to shake it up and set the lineup on fire, next announcement...

On 27/01/2017 at 0:32 AM, festival fan from fife said:

Has anyone had a listen to the Mexican Morrissey tribute band? Mexrrissey....can imagine after a few or a lot of vodka having a sing along to them :rolleyes:

My 5yo son wants to see Mexrrissey, only because he is devastated that he can't see the real thing haha. Hoping he enjoys it just as much though I'm hoping it doesn't clash with MSP or Frank Turner at all. 

• 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, Neil1875 said:

Saw the Lancashire Hotpots at beautiful days a couple of years ago and they were good value.

Good luck with drumming up hotpots supporters on here Neil, praise like that is usually met with comments like 'stone him ' 

41 minutes ago, Neil1875 said:

Why the dislike for the Lancashire hotpots? Is it a county rivalry thing?

Defo not a county thing I like mr grump and he's from Yorkshire! 

The Hotpots are just shit nothing else to say just shit !

Edited by LOCHLAND5

1 hour ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Defo not a county thing I like mr grump and he's from Yorkshire! 

The Hotpots are just shit nothing else to say just shit !

nothing to do with County, I'm from Lancashire and coincidentally also love Hotpot (so not a food thing either) but that 'band' are turd. The noise they produce isn't even music....

& yes I've got a major cobb-on as I've spent the last day arguing with ticketline about a free parking ticket they haven't sent me (see other thread!!!)

On 3/30/2017 at 3:22 PM, Joy division Oven Gloves said:

Long time since I've been on here, I must be the oldest one here by now?

Can you beat 63 years & 5 months?

New acts I'm looking forward to watching is 'have you ever seen the Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS'...Mexrrissey, White and Honeyblood.

Seen Field Music lots of times and they are absolutely brilliant and outstanding musicians, especially if you love prog rock. 

Anyone been to a musical bingo coz I fancy it, but dunno what it's like?

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2017 at 0:30 PM, Neil1875 said:

Honeyblood are top of my list for must see and she drew the gun....miss em and miss out

I had hoped to go see Honeyblood but it got lost in the haze. Just been reminded of this as their Belladrum set is on The Bbc Alba highlights on the iplayer. Well worth a watch.

Colonel Mustard finished their set by advising everyone to go see she drew the gun who were seemingly in the Mustard crowd. Totally forgot about that as well but will check them out. He described them as the best band in the uk at the moment.

• 6 months later...