Announcement reaction and highlights

ramragon

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, jkb1 said:

Frank Turners website has him playing the Sunday. I think he'll be headlining main stage. 

but oddly enough on the KC site under Main Stage he is not even listed (neither is the Coral)

Performing on the main stage

Some strange shenanigans going on I'm sure everything will be revealed in time going back to the coral on kendal twitter feed they tweeted coral will be closing calling out tent that's more feasible also says other calling out headlines are loyle carner and the hunna 

24 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Agreed, still think frank turner would have been ideal, maybes the dates they were available didn't fit into the seduce the way we want it

Well there playing in Spain on the Friday, so perhaps that was the deal breaker. I suppose it's not just when Franz Ferdinand are available but the other headliners.

Hi guys and guyesses! I'm personally not enthralled with the line up but I'm sure I'll have a fab time as always. I've created a Spotify playlist and so far the only acts that put a smile on my face are Kate Nash and the Hotpots.  I know most of you don't like them but last year was the first year I'd seen them and I had a great time. I know a few of the stereophonics, coral and manics and seen Jake Bugg a few times. Otherwise I'm stumped. @thurlow84... you're always a good one to get advice from. Who do you recommend I give a listen to? Really loved Will Varley and Molotov Jukebox last year. Ta in advance

On 04/02/2017 at 8:28 PM, thurlow84 said:

@Curlygirl I'll have a think, there are lots I like on the line up, but what I like isn't always what others like, worth having a listen to the official Kendal calling spotify list as a starting point. There's a couple of songs from those announced already

Thanx Thurlow. I didn't know there was an official Kendal Spotify list

14 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Same here !

if you look at tonight's Y not announcement at least for now fingers crosse we ain't got clean bandit ! 

Oi !

I quite enjoyed clean bandit a few years back. It was the year that it rained even more than it normally does.

I remember their sound/bass was better than anyone else all weekend.

A few decent tunes and the shit ones you can play the game of trying to work out the point of the one who plays one note on the cello from time to time.

Get them booked I say.

Plus London Grammar please.

43 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Oi !

I quite enjoyed clean bandit a few years back. It was the year that it rained even more than it normally does.

I remember their sound/bass was better than anyone else all weekend.

A few decent tunes and the shit ones you can play the game of trying to work out the point of the one who plays one note on the cello from time to time.

Get them booked I say.

Plus London Grammar please.

They is dreadful! That rock a bye really sucks turd ! 

You have forgotten to mention Chvrches there mate ! Whats wrong ?

1 hour ago, JID said:

Id take Cast and Feeder from Y-not line up

So would I but feeder have played before and Cast all though I like them it may tip the balance and turn it into an old farts fest ! Which obviously would suite the likes of Mr grumpy, Cnumb and ramgangnam but I'm down with the kids ........... see you down the front for tinie 

19 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

So would I but feeder have played before and Cast all though I like them it may tip the balance and turn it into an old farts fest ! Which obviously would suite the likes of Mr grumpy, Cnumb and ramgangnam but I'm down with the kids ........... see you down the front for tinie 

Tip the balance !!!!

Too late :-)

I think this will be the year for Cast.

Talking of oldies, let's get dreadzone and Alabama 3 booked.