Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Someone emailed me last night, to say that they knew Robbie Williams was playing.

However, there was something about it which I just didn't believe. Maybe they'll get back to me and say something that makes it more convincing.

So there's your perhaps-made-up rumour. :)

they got back to me, and said where they'd heard it. They might be straight up, tho it's from a direction that's known as quite unreliable. I've again asked for more details.

BUT .... I just searched the forums for 'robbie williams' to re-find this post, and one of the other posts it returned was someone saying (back in November) that they bet Robbie will play this year as he was watching Adele from the side of the stage last year.

So maybe there's something to it after all. 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

they got back to me, and said where they'd heard it. They might be straight up, tho it's from a direction that's known as quite unreliable. I've again asked for more details.

BUT .... I just searched the forums for 'robbie williams' to re-find this post, and one of the other posts it returned was someone saying (back in November) that they bet Robbie will play this year as he was watching Adele from the side of the stage last year.

So maybe there's something to it after all.

Surely he'd be headliner or nothing? Couldn't see him accepting a sub slot.

25 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

What percentage of that would you say is utter nonsense 

It depends how you define 'nonsense'.

I'm sure that plenty are passing on things they've genuinely heard, but whether what they've heard has any basis is another thing.

Then there's the ones that says Elvis is playing this year, that sort of thing. There's always a few of those.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Surely he'd be headliner or nothing? Couldn't see him accepting a sub slot.

Hard one to judge, I think. It would depend on his ego.

But, if I had to take a punt, I'd say he's smart enough to realise that his appeal isn't what it was 20 years ago, so would probably take a lower slot. 

Tho I can't think he'd go third from top, and I find it just about impossible to see him playing before any of the three expected headliners.

Just now, eFestivals said:

But, if I had to take a punt, I'd say he's smart enough to realise that his appeal isn't what it was 20 years ago, so would probably take a lower slot.

Tho I can't think he'd go third from top, and I find it just about impossible to see him playing before any of the three expected headliners.

Yeah there's zero chance of him subbing Radiohead or the Foos. If Gaga wasn't strongly in the frame then you'd think maybe for Ed, although again that would involve him accepting that Ed is a much bigger deal these days.

41 minutes ago, Krisesk said:

Maybe we will get some Ed Sheeran confirmation soon with his tour selling out this morning?

The amount of people on my Facebook who are devastated about not getting tickets and I am sat here completely indifferent about him probably headlining haha.

next they will add extra tour dates.. as they do 

then announce Glastonbury, (my theory anyway)

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Depends on the ego of someone who wrote

I love my life
I am powerful
I am beautiful
I am free
I love my life
I am wonderful
I am magical
I am me
I love my life

5 minutes ago, COPG said:

Depends on the ego of someone who wrote

I love my life
I am powerful
I am beautiful
I am free
I love my life
I am wonderful
I am magical
I am me
I love my life

Maybe he has reached his inner zen and now no longer craves the approval of others via an archaic system of ranking musical acts in ascending order...

Or maybe he's just not playing