Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

Just noticed that Confidence Man (a new band from Australia) are playing Friday 12.00 at Williams Green.

I saw them a couple of weeks ago at their first UK show. Not going to be everyone's cup of musical tea for sure, but if you like something a bit fun with bonkers dancing (think Deelite with attitude and extra campness, tight shorts and baby doll dresses) I recommend them! Everyone came out of their show smiling like loons.

Have a look at this tweet of some video footage from the gig to get an idea

https://twitter.com/BMWavesBlog/status/865170246524600320

Edited by rseamer
Changed link

11 minutes ago, rseamer said:

Just noticed that Confidence Man (a new band from Australia) are playing Friday 12.00 at Williams Green.

I saw them a couple of weeks ago at their first UK show. Not going to be everyone's cup of musical tea for sure, but if you like something a bit fun with bonkers dancing (think Deelite with attitude and extra campness, tight shorts and baby doll dresses) I recommend them! Everyone came out of their show smiling like loons.

Caught them at Dot to Dot in Bristol. Absolutely insane. Have never seen an entire room grooving away. Honestly one of the best gigs I've been to in years.

They're also playing the Rabbit Hole on the friday at 3am which will just be such a party.

55 minutes ago, payneruk said:

How do I do this?

BARRY GIBB    16:00 - 17:15    Pyramid  (Mates wanna see & I'm interested)
SHAGGY           17:15 - 18:15    West Holts   (Really wanna see)
CHIC                  17:45 - 18:45    Pyramid    (Seen before but would love to see again)

How fast can you run? Haha 

Actually how fast could I get from the park to the other stage? Elbow to Lorde? 

This is all assuming elbow are the tba on the park.... where did that info come from??

If they arent how quick can I get from John peel to the other? Future islands to lorde? 

1 minute ago, NewOne said:

See a few people on Twitter now saying Liam Gallagher has been added to the updated poster. Any truth in this do you think?

No idea, I'd have to look at the poster :P

edit - which has helpfully been added above...

Edited by p.pete

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

How fast can you run? Haha 

This is the best I can come up with.....providing it's not muddy!

BARRY GIBB    16:00 - 17:15    Pyramid
Watch for 55 mins. Leave at 16:55. 20 mins travel time

SHAGGY           17:15 - 18:15    West Holts
Watch for 30 mins. Leave at 17:45. 20 mins travel time. 

CHIC                  17:45 - 18:45    Pyramid
Watch for 40 mins.

1 minute ago, Havors said:

This is all assuming elbow are the tba on the park.... where did that info come from??

If they arent how quick can I get from John peel to the other? Future islands to lorde? 

You won't have a problem, you can hear the Other as soon as you leave the Park (assuming Arcadia hasn't started yet).

Edited by Hugh Jass

Just now, Havors said:

JP to Other is easy.  Can do it in 5 mins or so in good weather.

JP to Park is half an hour on a good day.

1 hour ago, payneruk said:

How do I do this?

BARRY GIBB    16:00 - 17:15    Pyramid  (Mates wanna see & I'm interested)
SHAGGY           17:15 - 18:15    West Holts   (Really wanna see)
CHIC                  17:45 - 18:45    Pyramid    (Seen before but would love to see again)

I'm going to work it I think as run from Gibb to WHs, I did it for Underworld last year in 5 mins and that was mud!, watch until he's played Angel which won't be that far in being an hour set, get back for Chic, run from Pyramid into the Gully for 23:30. It's a lot of work but you'll catch it wasn't me at the other end and hope he doesn't start with Boombastic and Gibb finishes 5 mins before time...I'm happy to stand at the back for it.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm going to work it I think as run from Gibb to WHs, I did it for Underworld last year in 5 mins and that was mud!, watch until he's played Angel which won't be that far in being an hour set, get back for Chic, run from Pyramid into the Gully for 23:30. It's a lot of work but you'll catch it wasn't me at the other end and hope he doesn't start with Boombastic and Gibb finishes 5 mins before time...I'm happy to stand at the back for it.

That knackers me out just thinking about it :lol:

2 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

That knackers me out just thinking about it :lol:

Agreed! But it works! If you miss Boombastic the chances are you won't care about the next song and Angel will probably be 3rd down based on a 14 set list he did a while back,you might get it 4th down if he squeezes 15/16 in. Not sure where you are Sunday eve but I'm getting from Sheeran there somehow for 11:30, it means me standing on the side of the stage I'd rather be less so but needs must.

Edited by thewayiam

43 minutes ago, rseamer said:

Cheers for the nod on these.  Sound like fun!

Heads been mashed by clashfinder all day :)

Does anyone fancy helping me complete an ol' stylee AA map approx walktimes so I can further add to my current Avalanches / DJ Shadow quandary

I know that it's all subjective to time/weather/spatial awareness

walktimes.JPG

walk times..xlsx