Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I really hope we get a stages poster before the complete breakdown. I think it's unlikely given their recent trend towards all the smaller stages having their own moment in the spotlight, but at least the main five would be good. If they've really go some big names to drop, would they leave it until the end of May with the stage times?

Realistically, I'm expecting a poster a week starting from the end of this month.

I'm pretty certain it'll follow a very similar pattern (acknowledging that ⌗thereisnopattern AHTT, natch) to 2016.

When they start dropping, we'll get an area every 2-4 days, maybe with the occasional week-long gap. We'll be awash with drops and clashes and all that jazz and happy as pigs in muck.

Then the MOAL (Mother Of All Line-ups) will be dropped and the crying and gnashing of teeth and general despair at the ClashterFuck® can begin in earnest.

:)

Ben

2 minutes ago, annax said:

I suspect that the other announcement today means we will yet again have a disappointing Friday morning at the festival...

theres only one way for conservatives to go and thats up

labour is polling at stats that lib dem were polling in 2010 and they were a third party smh 

#burnthetories

Always pleased to get an announcement but there's probably nowhere on site that holds less interest for me. It is ALL dance stuff in there isn't it? The area looks great and I'd like a nosy around but (and I know I'm an old man shouting at a cloud) I can't be doing with the stuff I imagine is played. At least with Silver Hayes I can see what's on The Gully and if any of it grabs my attention.

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Always pleased to get an announcement but there's probably nowhere on site that holds less interest for me. It is ALL dance stuff in there isn't it? The area looks great and I'd like a nosy around but (and I know I'm an old man shouting at a cloud) I can't be doing with the stuff I imagine is played. At least with Silver Hayes I can see what's on The Gully and if any of it grabs my attention.

Last time I was in there there was some lad playing very loud dub reggae. 

You know what I mean though? If I was to say to you "Let's go to Mad Dave's Metal Bar", you'd imagine what was being played and may, or may not, be doing with it.

I imagine (with some prior warning) that every venue in Block 9 plays 'banging house tunes'. 

Can't be doing with it :D

23 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Block 9 was good on the Thursday last year, Friday night though I got caught in a horrible crush that put me right off and I didn't end up back there the rest of the weekend. It's a cool set up though 

The mud made in horrendous last night in the crowd traffic when you could not see the ground

25 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Block 9 was good on the Thursday last year, Friday night though I got caught in a horrible crush that put me right off and I didn't end up back there the rest of the weekend. It's a cool set up though 

I'm looking at heading NYC Downlow on Thursday after Rhythm of the 90s as to avoid any Friday onwards clash. Thursday night is going to be ace this year.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

You know what I mean though? If I was to say to you "Let's go to Mad Dave's Metal Bar", you'd imagine what was being played and may, or may not, be doing with it.

I imagine (with some prior warning) that every venue in Block 9 plays 'banging house tunes'. 

Can't be doing with it :D

I saw you wandering round Block 9 once. You stood out like a confused Gandalf at a toddlers birthday party.