Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

28 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The ones that can at this stage be announced from a contractural point of view I'd imagine.

The Bands and artists that are happy to be announced at this stage, and aren't relying on shifting tickets for other events etc.

That would make sense normally but I bet there's a fair few on the poster with dates leading up to and shortly after the festival. Like you say it's still probably contractual issues with some though - just those with less precious management.

I still reckon there's some chronology to it all.  Emily followed Avalanches and Lorde on twittergram last year when they must've been booked for this year and I reckon Ed Sheeran's late arrival bumped poor little Julia Jacklin and the wee dainty Blossoms off the bottom.

7 hours ago, KeithRichardsWavedAtMe said:

I have to say, I'm surprised that the overwhelming majority of comments I'm seeing are positive. I think it's a very sub-standard line up. It's hard to put into words but it doesn't seem like a traditional line up. and it's missing a lot of authentic British rock, and also a lot of great sing alongs. I know there's more to be added, but that poster contains more names than most 1st line-up posters. Really have my fingers crossed that I'll be proved wrong soon enough!

What bands/muscians would have made it for you? I'm very happy with it

18 hours ago, KeithRichardsWavedAtMe said:

I have to say, I'm surprised that the overwhelming majority of comments I'm seeing are positive. I think it's a very sub-standard line up. It's hard to put into words but it doesn't seem like a traditional line up. and it's missing a lot of authentic British rock, and also a lot of great sing alongs. I know there's more to be added, but that poster contains more names than most 1st line-up posters. Really have my fingers crossed that I'll be proved wrong soon enough!

Yeah I'm with you, but I tend to like a lot of the indie bands that eFesters hate, and there's not much on that lineup. Courteeners and Circa Waves are good for me, but don't really care for Kaiser Chiefs, and that's about it. Hoping the Liam Gallagher rumours are true (surely they are).

As for the higher slots, don't really care for Biffy, I've seen Royal Blood and they were very meh. Really not getting the hype over Katy Perry, Gaga would have been better, and Lorde is a great shout imo. It's a good lineup for me, just not great, but I'm happy people here are happy :)

14 hours ago, Madyaker said:

20 mins on a bus £4 each way buses go every hour. Morrisons is a 5 minute walk from the bus stop in Glastonbury town.

14 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Sold! 

There's also a shuttle bus to Shelton Mallet, £3 each way. Stops at the cenotaph, where there's a Tesco and an Aldi within a couple of minutes walk.

www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-bus

23 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Codeine, alcohol and the general high of being at Glastonbury. You'll wonder why you ever needed an op! :D

I hope so mate

Ironically I didn't have strength to reply last night as no sooner than I left work I was doubled over in pain and had to take codeine and alcohol to control it lol :P

Just now, uscore said:

Blossoms and Julia Jacklin

were they still in negotiation when the poster was compiled?  Were they forgotten about?

Oh, sorry, to be honest I thought you meant the Common had made an annoucement folloing their facebook post about something.. unless they just meant the actual poster. Was there an official announcement for Blossoms and Julia Jacklin? I'm sure there are bands sighing on the dotted line as we speak all the time, so prob not forgotten about, just going through the motions kinda thing

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Bit off topic but I saw the poster of an old Irish that used to happen in the 90s, some lineup. 

http://m.imgur.com/ide9icd

Festival lineups do always/often look better years after they have taken place. 

Take a peek at an Irish festival I went to in 2010 (admittedly the lineup was pretty stacked even then, but even still there's a point in there somewhere)

IMG_1193.JPG

Edited by mjsell

19 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Take a peek at an Irish festival I went to in 2010 (admittedly the lineup was pretty stacked even then, but even still there's a point in there somewhere)

IMG_1193.JPG

I think this looks strong without looking back, this was when festivals were booking strong.

1 minute ago, whateverman said:

It's almost as though nobody has ever done that April Fool before.

Somerset live really are crap.

14 hours ago, mjsell said:

IMG_1193.JPG

Nowadays from the third column down would be a normal festival.