Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, utwothefly said:

This year sees him embark on another UK tour in support of his 13th solo album A Kind Of Revolution - with Paul Weller tickets for this tour available here at Gigantic

The original ‘Mod-father’ is back, and kicking off the UK leg of his tour at Glastonbury in June.

if you read the rest of that text, it becomes clear that's from a few years ago.

Had time to calm down and look properly and I'm happy with the lineup now think they will split it up though

Katy Perry headlining other on Saturday against Foos 

Biffy headlining other against Ed 

then Lorde under Ed and Royal blood under the foos 

Thought this thread would be over with poster but now stage split theories commence. Roll on June regardless !!

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think they're unlikely, tho if this year has been like previous years today's poster is missing roughly one headliner for the major stages (except pyramid), so not impossible, i guess.

I haven't had any time to think about what's on the poster, yet, tho - so maybe there's more stage headliners on it than normal.

No Jamiroquai or Prodigy has made me sad :(

43 minutes ago, justperfect said:

Didn't know where to put this and it really doesn't merit its own thread so I'll ask it here ....What would an artist/band concider the more prestigious slot on the bill , headlining the other or pryamid sub ?

Element of depending who you're up against in either slot but guessing Pyramid. Would at least get a bigger audience on BBC as more likely to be on the main channels rather than BBC4 / iPlayer only for other headliners 

36 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

you probably haven't seen my posts in this thread from earlier, my bad, I assume too much :P

basically - he is 61 and has several medical complaints at the minute that have randomly all flared up at once. He would only want to go if either a) the lineup is awesome or b ) he could avoid carrying items into the festival - he has a campervan type thing he's used in the past. b ) is not on really as camper is all sold out and the likelihood of getting 1 in the resale is pretty slim and a) isn't happening as he hasn't heard of anyone on the lineup meaning he won't want to go...... which leaves me in a quandry as my other half enjoys being spoon fed and is rather pussified when it comes to Glasto..... she won't carry things and just stands there normally whilst me and her dad set the tents up and lug them. She won't come if her dad doesn't come and drive her basically as the coach and train involve extra 'hassle' and 'lugging stuff' which to me is basically garbage - its either you want to go or you don't. I do so I accept it :P I am the only real Glasto nut in my group..... her and her dad love the place but they just use it as an excuse to get smashed and dance about for the weekend..... the 'glasto spirit' is dead to them.

Health permitting I will be thinking of doing a solo mission

camplight? for either you solo or you and the gf. Then you would only have to bring clothes and toiletries etc.

1 hour ago, JoBalls said:

Probably because his girlfriend's Dad was supposed to be driving the group of them down and neither him or his gf have a licence?

yep pretty much that

34 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

I understand your GF Dad's concern, don't get your GFs but anyhows. Don't miss out on the festival because of other people - hope you get a ticket sorted and enjoy the Glastonbury spirit with the rest of us :)

this is her..... I am I...... its weird mate, this exact same thing happens every year

On 28/03/2017 at 3:12 PM, Nobody Interesting said:

Flipping heck, my next post is number 1000.

So, I am off now until the poster drops and my reaction will be post number 1000.

Better be before Friday evening when I predict it will drop else I may need help going cold turkey from Efests.

Yesterday was so hard not posting and joining in the wonderful madness but I said I would not post my 1000th post until the poster dropped.........

Finally online and had time to digest the lovely poster and all it's info and I can safely say that Glastonbury Festival 2017 will not only be the best yet but will be Clash City.

Knew about most of those I would hope to see but there are a few more pleasant surprises on there like Biffy Clyro.

Suffice to say I am flipping delighted :D

27 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

camplight? for either you solo or you and the gf. Then you would only have to bring clothes and toiletries etc.

trust me, I'd still end up carrying everything no matter how light we camped :P

I literally bring 1 set of cargos maybe 2, 6 t shirts, jumper/hoody, waterproofs, boots, 10x each socks and boxers, thats it clotheswise. Couldn't go much lighter for Glasto. If we trained/coached we'd bring no food at all I should think and literally just spirits to save weight. Would mean doubling my normal spend on things on the inside but I give not 2 fucks. I just want a ticket.

Edited by mungo57

4 hours ago, mungo57 said:

Not sure yet.... me and the gf want to go but a) I am waiting for an op and don't know yet.... will have to check re: refunds and the insurance to see if that is covered if I have to jack in for the op and b ) her dad is our driver and she flatly refuses to do anything other than drive down.... no coach..... no train..... so without her dad we have no option!

I reckon the resale will be 22nd April though so I have time to badger the old fart into one last Glasto. He's 61 and has tennis and golfers elbow in either elbow and arthritis in one knee and a cyst on the other. If I sort him half oz of Jamaican Old Holborn and shitloads of coffee I should be able to get him there one last time :P

Not over yet..... plus he will like at least 10/15 acts on that lineup so theres at least that

If you decide to go for it in the resale, drop me a private message as we'd be happy to try and help a fellow Hornet! 

10 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yesterday was so hard not posting and joining in the wonderful madness but I said I would not post my 1000th post until the poster dropped.........

Finally online and had time to digest the lovely poster and all it's info and I can safely say that Glastonbury Festival 2017 will not only be the best yet but will be Clash City.

Knew about most of those I would hope to see but there are a few more pleasant surprises on there like Biffy Clyro.

Suffice to say I am flipping delighted :D

Happy 1000th, have my first ever upvote!

4 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

if im honest theres not `much` compared to some other years id get excited about on that poster, but thats just because Im more a fan of the `rockier` stuff and other then the foos, royal blood, biffy and a couple others there isnt much there as far as that goes.......yet (and thats a big yet because stages like leftfield etc always cater for that crowd as well).......but said it time and time again, if I was going to a festival for the music alone id be at bloodstock or download...as musically thats my thing but I go to glastonbury because its a massive week long party with a load of awesome people and an incredible site unmatched in terms of things to see and do. I also enjoy finding random bands and acts that pull me in that id never even heard of before....and Glastonbury is definitely the place for that. (on that note can anyone name any acts on that poster who arent very well known who would be my cup of tea do you reckon?)

I think some who whine about the lineup forget that this festival is about far more then just whose on the main stages....or indeed the music alone at all.

Totally agreed. The only must sees for me from that lineup are The Jacksons (huge MJ fan as a youngster, so even a couple of the Jackson 5 tunes would make my week) and Royal Blood. I'll have to give Biffy a better listen but never been arsed about Foos. I could chuck Bazza and Shaggy in there for a laugh but not that fussed about either of them. Any others on there you'd recommend? 

I mean sure Perry would be a great laugh, especially if one gets as boozed up as I was for Adele last year (top act last year probably due to my blood alcohol level, closely followed by ZZ Top).

4 hours ago, Los Kingfisher said:

Great choice of GIF, sir ;)

They don't call me the gifmaster for nothing ;) 

1 hour ago, supreme said:

The more I look at last years first poster the more I realise how much I preferred last years :(

Agreed on this one too.

All in all, the poster for me is okay. I'm sure there's a tonne of acts I will find through listening to Spotify and more will be soon announced but we shall wait and see... 

19 minutes ago, GlastoAwe said:

If you decide to go for it in the resale, drop me a private message as we'd be happy to try and help a fellow Hornet! 

cheers mate - I'll surely let you know.

I'll be in, lone wolf or not I should think. Unless I get a letter re: my hernia op between now and then. We shall see!

3 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

cheers mate - I'll surely let you know.

I'll be in, lone wolf or not I should think. Unless I get a letter re: my hernia op between now and then. We shall see!

I know all people are different but my mate actually went for a hernia op last Tuesday and he's fit as a fiddle now. Just to give you an idea of recovery time.

So couple of days until we're in to April and then it ramps up a notch!

Balance payment,

Re-sale,

And if last year's anything to go by we'll have 3 area announcements and the release of a new map by the end of the month.

:D

Edited by JoeyT

1 hour ago, carrie2 said:

I can't actually comprehend how much I want to see. Bands I was expecting that I'd usually be excited to see will probably have to be pushed aside. Best first poster for me in years! 

Agreed! And there is still a lot more to come. Going to be clash central I imagine.

2 minutes ago, Tyonks said:

The downside to the first poster i actually become more impatient about more line-up reveals following it release, than preceding it.  

Same, because now we know who we might be able to see, dependant on clashes...