Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, brighton1983 said:

Do the 2nd release of bands ever involve so called bigger names ? Or bands that many of us may not have heard of. 

Just now, Fearless_Fish said:

We need to have a Thingy for when this question is asked :lol:

There's a poster kicking around somewhere with this info on, I'm sure someone will post it soon!

^_^

48 minutes ago, uscore said:

One good thing about this thread is you can see how varied everyone's tastes are.  You have to love and respect everyone liking different stuff, even tho some of you like some right shit.

Turns out most people like "some right shit" !!!!!

Bah Humbug ! Where are the KLF ? :(

18 minutes ago, loveansley said:

I know it's sooooo much more than the line up....for me this isn't the best. Saying that some of my best Glasto moments have been turning up at the sets I never anticipated going to. I've also been living under a rock when it comes to current music so time to get on Spotify and maybe this will turn into one of my favourite line ups! Glad for the people who are stoked and yes 2014 was one of the best years!!

One of the best parts of the build up is listening to some of the bands you may have not heard of or may not have realised did some great songs. You can then factor trying to see them. Enjoy this part because the stage/day splits is where it gets messy. 

1 hour ago, mirupuu said:

Does that mean there is no chance of Bonobo and A Tribe Called Quest playing :(:(:( 

Bonobo is playing, self confirmed back in Nov/Dec.  I expect him to headline somewhere too, very surprised he didn't make the initial poster, he did back in 2014.

17 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Anyone tracked the general reaction to the driop on social media?

Wouldn't mind a ticket for this...

Just been looking as another form or procrastination but the reaction definitely seems better than last year's and I've looked back at the first poster from last year 2015 and I think it's better this year (for me anyway).

My only criticism is there weren't many curveball/exclusives as I hoped for, but with Orbital and Aphex Twin at Bluedot and Field Day respectively I wasn't overly confident of them appearing.

Still - Phoenix and Little Dragon are amongst my top 5 bands, The XX I've been dying to see for years, Chic gave me my favourite ever festival moment at Bestival so I will be seeing them again and Sasha & John Digweed will be unreal! 

Also really into Wild Beasts, Glass Animals, Badbadnotgood so overall I'm happy!

Childish Gambino just came on Radio 6, that would've been unreal, along with Chance The Rapper and Kendrick, I would've gone apeshit!

Edited by magliad

1 minute ago, BeenASDA said:

I saw one guy say it was shit and he'd only go see the Courteeners.

I need more people like this man to not pay off their balances. Firstly so I can take his ticket, and secondly so he's not there.

Edited by mjsell