Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

if im honest theres not `much` compared to some other years id get excited about on that poster, but thats just because Im more a fan of the `rockier` stuff and other then the foos, royal blood, biffy and a couple others there isnt much there as far as that goes.......yet (and thats a big yet because stages like leftfield etc always cater for that crowd as well).......but said it time and time again, if I was going to a festival for the music alone id be at bloodstock or download...as musically thats my thing but I go to glastonbury because its a massive week long party with a load of awesome people and an incredible site unmatched in terms of things to see and do. I also enjoy finding random bands and acts that pull me in that id never even heard of before....and Glastonbury is definitely the place for that. (on that note can anyone name any acts on that poster who arent very well known who would be my cup of tea do you reckon?)

I think some who whine about the lineup forget that this festival is about far more then just whose on the main stages....or indeed the music alone at all.

Edited by waterfalls212434

1 minute ago, Familiar2billions said:

Annoyingly it was the one year i couldn't go owing to a family wedding. I was selfishly praying it would be a weak line up to make me feel a bit better. As soon as i saw it i was heart broken!

I assume you're estranged now... 

I'm still trying to work out what Major Lazer actually does, or if he just shouts and samples other people's work but in a Jamaican twang and passes it off as his own. I was at a festival once and saw him play, and at least four songs he'd taken from other people, some even at the same festival. For me he's a poor performer and poor Other Stage headliner 

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms

oh how the fuck did I miss that FRANK CARTER AND THE RATTLESNAKES ARE PLAYING!!!!!!!!! FUCK YES!!!!!!! Id advise anyone to see them I just got back from a gig of theres monday night and they are fucking mental live, easily the equal or better then gallows at there peak....it will be carnage!

heres a clip from the gig the other night.....some stagediver almost breaking his neck and frank having to stop the set as he shit himself......I really hope they are inside somewhere, john peel would be perfect!

Edited by waterfalls212434

Little disappointed tbh... Hope there is more acts like Elbow, Prodigy, Two Door, Temper Trap, Empire of the Sun to be added...

Theres a lot of pop and grime on there :/ 

Out of that poster... stand outs for me are: Foo Fighters, Alt-J, Major Lazer, Courteeners, Circe Waves and Shaggy. Maybe Royal Blood they are decent.

I'm torn between bouncing off the walls with excitement and remembering how sad I was last year when the second poster came out and I realised that every act I wanted to see was on at the same time on the Sunday... 

At first glance I was really disappointed but breaking it down it's actually pretty good for such a small % of the acts. Over the moon with Ride. The more people complain the more chance there is of getting tickets in the resale so that can only be a good thing. I'm actually very pleased with this, but can't help but think its a small announcement - possibly just because of how its presented! Roll on June!!

Edited by hpants

20 minutes ago, st dan said:

32 acts you'd like to see just on the initial poster and it's a weak lineup! My word some people are hard to please! :P

Haha, I think it was the initial scrolling through the top few lines, already knowing that Radiohead, The XX and Chic are playing, and feeling a bit let-down by Biffy Clyro, Stormzy, etc.

Roll on the smaller stages announcements!

10 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

oh how the fuck did I miss that FRANK CARTER AND THE RATTLESNAKES ARE PLAYING!!!!!!!!! FUCK YES!!!!!!! Id advise anyone to see them I just got back from a gig of theres monday night and they are fucking mental live, easily the equal or better then gallows at there peak....it will be carnage!

heres a clip from the gig the other night.....some stagediver almost breaking his neck and frank having to stop the set as he shit himself......I really hope they are inside somewhere, john peel would be perfect!

I'd imagine they'll play (potentially headline) the Leftfield tent