Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

sigh........ 59 mins......

Actually should the announcement be today I have a sneaky feeling that 6pm maybe the time. By then I will be on my way home and have just met my friend who sadly is sweating on the resale, I'll shriek with excitement (as I have a ticket) and will then promptly get smacked in the chops for my trouble for rubbing it in.

resetting the clock to 1hr 56mins...

The build up to this first reveal is all part of the support to the festival.  Here we all are down the front of the Pyramid way too early in the day just gagging for a bit of Glasto typeset.

It's an essential part of the Glasto experience.  Now where's that bloody poster?

3 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

How very appropriate, given tomorrow's political news...

I hope the government have arranged for some fireworks or something tomorrow, otherwise the triggering of article 50 is going to be a massive anticlimax. 

55 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

As other have said, from a PR point of view (not that Glastonbury needs it) it should either have been this morning or I think Friday morning as there's big news coming up tomorrow which will roll into Thursday. 

It's not to say it won't be released on those days but I think it's a rookie mistake from their PR if they do.

I don't work in PR or have any idea how it all works so I'm just guessing to pass some time...

Well the mainstream news media won't have a great deal of interest in the poster as they've already announced the headliners which is the main 'news' from their perspective. I don't think I've ever actually seen the full line up reported on the news or main media in any great depth

The poster will be of far more interest to the music media who will have little interest in Article 50 so I don't see it being an issue when it's released.

Edited by Keithy

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Been tied up with work for most of the day and there's about 20 new pages on this thread. Has anything interesting happened?

@Matt42 is no longer in the gutter.

We figured out it's tomorrow at 5pm.

Royal Blood are more or less dead cert as per @eFestivals

Those are the headliners really.

21 minutes ago, rosssss224 said:

This logic needs more consideration.

article 50

50/10 = 5

article 5

5pm

19 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

15 mins to goooooo

fuck-you-science.jpg

EDIT: 2,000th post :lol: - the way I would have always wanted it to be, discrediting poor science.

Edited by mjsell